The Moon calendar 2022 is filled with all the dates of New Moons, Full Moons, lunar and solar eclipses—and which sign of the zodiac they fall in. In light of the gravitas of these events in astrology, it's definitely worth marking them down in your calendar ahead of time.
Your Moon sign is an indicator, in your astrology birth chart, of your deepest desires and needs. On top of what it shows in our chart, the Moon is also an important factor in the astrological events in 2022, as are eclipses in astrology.
The Moon and the lunar cycle have been a source of fascination since humanity began. Many still believe that the lunar cycle can affect moods and how people behave—often with a more negative connotation. Move over Mercury in retrograde 2022—we'll get to you later.
In fact, words like 'looney' and 'lunatic', which are insensitive and outdated words often given to people with mental illness, have their origins in 'luna'—the Latin word for moon. And in fairness, before humanity knew the science behind the lunar cycle and eclipses—they had the capacity to cause widespread anxiety and panic.
Heck, even during the information age, any staunch disbelievers in astrology could find themselves all aquiver if they took a deep dive into the Royal Family's link to eclipses.
Spooky correlations aside, the cycle itself offers an opportunity to take pause, meditate, think about what you'd like to leave behind, and what you'd like to focus on moving forward.
woman&home will keep you up to date with monthly guides from expert astrologers, the meaning behind each moon's name, and all the tips and tricks to make the best of your year.
- New Moon—Sunday, January 2, 2022, Capricorn.
- Full Moon—Monday, January 17, 2022, Cancer.
The New Moon in Capricorn, January 2022, hits like a tonne of bricks. Not only is it in the midst of Mercury retrograde in Aquarius 2022 shadow period, it's so close to the Christmas and New Year's festivities that everyone is just spent.
- New Moon—Tuesday, February 1, 2022, Aquarius.
- Full Moon—Wednesday, February 16, 2022, Leo.
The February New Moon 2022 in Aquarius says it's time to look at the bigger picture. It also heralds the Chinese New Year celebrations and the Chinese zodiac 2022 predictions for the Year of the Water Tiger.
After a pretty intense beginning to the year, as it was filled with a hell of a lot of astrological events, the February Full Moon 2022 in Leo brings an opportunity to buckle down with the lessons of previous lunar cycles. It also says open up to love!
Use this time, during the Snow Moon as it's also known, to really focus on you!
- New Moon—Wednesday, March 2, 2022, Pisces.
- Full Moon—Friday, March 18, Virgo.
It comes just before the seasons change, beckoning us into the Spring Equinox.
- New Moon—Friday, April 1, 2022, Aries.
- Full Moon—Saturday April 16, 2022, Libra.
- New Moon—Saturday, April 30, 2022, Taurus.
- Solar Eclipse—Saturday, April 30, 2022, Taurus.
The fourth month of the year has a heck of a lot to consider when looking to the skies and the lunar calendar It's a month with Venus conjunct Jupiter AND Jupiter and Neptune in Pisces—one of those once-in-a-lifetime magical conjunctions.
- Full Moon—Monday, May 16, 2022, Scorpio.
- New Moon—Monday, May 30, 2022, Gemini.
Somebody ring the alarm, because fate just called and it wants a chat. The Full Moon May 2022 falls on a Lunar Eclipse, meaning fate is taking over. As well as this, this stunning lunation falls on a total Lunar Eclipse! The Blood Moon total lunar eclipse 2022 means a heck of a lot of supercharged supermoon energy—so be vigilant!
- Full Moon—Tuesday, June 14, 2022, Sagittarius.
- New Moon—Wednesday, June 29, 2022, Cancer.
- Full Moon—Wednesday, July 13, 2022, Capricorn.
- New Moon—Thursday, July 28, 2022, Leo.
- Full Moon—Friday, August 12, 2022, Aquarius.
- New Moon—Saturday, August 27, 2022, Virgo.
- Full Moon—Saturday, September 10, 2022, Pisces.
- New Moon—Sunday, September 25, 2022, Virgo.
- Full Moon—Sunday, October 9, 2022, Aries.
- New Moon—Tuesday, October 25, 2022, Scorpio.
- Solar Eclipse—Tuesday, October 25, 2022, Scorpio.
- Full Moon—Tuesday, November 8, 2022, Taurus.
- Lunar Eclipse—Tuesday, November 8, 2022, Taurus.
- New Moon—Wednesday, November 23, 2022, Scorpio.
- Full Moon—Thursday, December 8, 2022, Gemini.
- New Moon—Friday, December 23, 2022, Capricorn.
Aoife is Junior News Editor at woman&home.
She's an Irish journalist and writer with a background in creative writing, comedy, and TV production.
Formerly Aoife was a contributing writer at Bustle and her words can be found in the Metro, Huffpost, Delicious, Imperica, EVOKE and her poetry features in the Queer Life, Queer Love anthology.
Outside of work you might bump into her at a garden center, charity shop, hot yoga studio, lifting heavy weights, or (most likely) supping/eating some sort of delicious drink/meal.
Prince Harry's Invictus Games loses support of 'baffled' Help For Heroes charity
The Ministry of Defence has pulled one of the main contributors, Help For Heroes, from the Duke of Sussex's annual Invictus Games
By Emma Dooney • Published
50 Inspirational Coco Chanel quotes about life, style and womanhood
Coco Chanel quotes on style, life, and womanhood to live by
By Rivkie Baum • Published