Woman & Home Forums

Meet women just like you by joining the woman&home forum and clubs today. Plus, enjoy our exclusive competitions, offers and events.

Sue's blog

Sue James

w&h Forum Update: Now Live!

Thread: Not Happy just broke my coffee mug !

Not Happy just broke my coffee mug !

Just went downstairs to make myself a hot drink before I go to bed, as I got a coffee mug out the cupboard mug fell out my hand and smashed on the floor , upset as that was one of my favourite mugs had for more than 10 years. Really bad end to the day, when stressed I always sleep badly!

Hi laura

i hope you got some sleep after all. We all have a favourite somewhere, but now is the time to do a spot of shopping - any excuse!
    You can never get enough of what you don't need to make you happy.

hi laura- its always upsetting when you break or lose a favourite item. but I agree with chilla- go shopping as retail therapy and start a new favourite item. hope you managed to get some sleep

Oh no ! that would be a bad start for me too... It's always the special one that breaks , isn't it!!! I am very fussy about my coffee cup, it can't be any old cup!! So just go out and buy a new one asap
    Aggie
    *** You may as well die living ***

I just thought it was me that had a thing about coffee mugs and tea cups. I would also be really upset. Treat yourself to really expensive nice one and your coffee will taste lovely. Xx
    AnnAMac xx

Oh another mug here!!!!
    I have one large mug for coffee and a different one for my tea. I never swop them or use them for somebody else. Mine, mine,mine!!!!

Laura, Debenhams have a huge range of mugs and Waitrose do some nice ones also.
    NMx

I'm fussy too -- always the same few mugs -- never any ofv the others. Wonder why we are like that ? I can get quite cross if my favourite (LARGE) breakfast mug is in the dishwasher for some reason. I also like them to be thick 'navvy'type mugs -- can't drink out of thin or china ones I hav e VERY sensitive lips !
    meganb

Throw out non-essential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them.