Woman & Home Forums

Meet women just like you by joining the woman&home forum and clubs today. Plus, enjoy our exclusive competitions, offers and events.

Sue's blog

Sue James

w&h Forum Update: Now Live!

Thread: Not Happy just broke my coffee mug !

Not Happy just broke my coffee mug !

Just went downstairs to make myself a hot drink before I go to bed, as I got a coffee mug out the cupboard mug fell out my hand and smashed on the floor , upset as that was one of my favourite mugs had for more than 10 years. Really bad end to the day, when stressed I always sleep badly!

Hi laura

i hope you got some sleep after all. We all have a favourite somewhere, but now is the time to do a spot of shopping - any excuse!
    Is god willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Able but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Neither able or willing? Then why call him god? Epicurus

hi laura- its always upsetting when you break or lose a favourite item. but I agree with chilla- go shopping as retail therapy and start a new favourite item. hope you managed to get some sleep

Oh no ! that would be a bad start for me too... It's always the special one that breaks , isn't it!!! I am very fussy about my coffee cup, it can't be any old cup!! So just go out and buy a new one asap
    Aggie xxx
    *** A yawn is a silent scream for coffee ***

I just thought it was me that had a thing about coffee mugs and tea cups. I would also be really upset. Treat yourself to really expensive nice one and your coffee will taste lovely. Xx
    AnnAMac xx

Oh another mug here!!!!
    I have one large mug for coffee and a different one for my tea. I never swop them or use them for somebody else. Mine, mine,mine!!!!

Laura, Debenhams have a huge range of mugs and Waitrose do some nice ones also.

I'm fussy too -- always the same few mugs -- never any ofv the others. Wonder why we are like that ? I can get quite cross if my favourite (LARGE) breakfast mug is in the dishwasher for some reason. I also like them to be thick 'navvy'type mugs -- can't drink out of thin or china ones I hav e VERY sensitive lips !
    meganb

Throw out non-essential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them.