Best gifts for couples 2023: Thoughtful and practical finds that they'll actually use
We've picked the best gifts for couples that they'll both love - even if they seem to have everything
- (opens in new tab)
- (opens in new tab)
- (opens in new tab)
- Sign up to W&H Newsletter Newsletter
Sign up to our free daily email for the latest royal and entertainment news, interesting opinion, expert advice on styling and beauty trends, and no-nonsense guides to the health and wellness questions you want answered.
Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Choosing the best gifts for couples isn't easy, especially if you're trying to find a gift for an established couple who seemingly have everything they need already.
But never fear, we've found and curated a list of the best gifts for couples that they will genuinely love, enjoy and use for years to come - even if they have different interests.
Whatever the occasion, our curation offers useful and unique buys that'll make you the honorary third wheel. This is your go-to inspiration list whether you're shopping for the best wedding gifts, housewarming presents for new homeowners, wedding anniversary gifts or those tricky Christmas gifts for couples.
The best gifts for couples to shop in 2023
Where to find the best gifts for couples in the U.S.
To further help you on your shopping journey, we've compiled useful destinations with a variety of the best gifts for couples to shop.
- Airbnb: Explore places to stay, experience-based gifts, and online experiences (opens in new tab)
- Amazon: Wide range of tech gifts, cookbooks, DIY kits, date ideas, and more (opens in new tab)
- Anthropologie: A unique selection of home gifts, fashion finds and trinkets (opens in new tab)
- Crate Joy: Discover subscription boxes from cooking to entertainment ideas (opens in new tab)
- Don't Buy Her Flowers: Create your own gift boxes out of unique present ideas (opens in new tab)
- Etsy: Browse thoughtful and unique handmade gifts from independent sellers (opens in new tab)
- Harry & David: Browse all sorts of gift ideas for foodie-forward couples (opens in new tab)
- Macy's: Find everything from home goods to specially-curated gift sets (opens in new tab)
- Not on The High Street: Choose from hundreds of personalized gifts (opens in new tab)
- The White Company: Score premier bedding, pillows, and home gifts (opens in new tab)
- Tinggly: Gift experiences from food and drink tours to adrenaline-pumping activities (opens in new tab)
- Uncommon Goods: Shop customizable and quirky gifts for couples (opens in new tab)
- Virgin Experience Gifts: Explore a variety of getaways, day experiences, and more (opens in new tab)
Our pick of the best gifts for couples in the U.S.
Ready to shop? Meet our hand-picked list of perfect gifts for couples, from travel to home goods and everything in between. Whether they are fans of innovative kitchen essentials or niche finds, we've got you covered.
1. Furbo Dog Camera: View at Furbo (opens in new tab)
RRP: $158 | Delivery: Two-day available | Refundable?: 30-day return policy
If they’re devoted canine parents, then they’ll enjoy the Furbo Dog Camera. The HD camera allows users to communicate, monitor, and share treats with pets when they’re not home. It delivers vivid night vision and live stream video through the brand’s mobile app—so they can watch their pooch in real-time. But more notably, the app includes a “Doggy Diary” feature, which creates a 60-second highlight of your pet’s activity.
Cute factor aside, the app notifies users the moment it detects barking and activity. Every camera comes with a 30-day free trial for Furbo Dog Nanny, a premium monitoring service that alerts owners to potential hazards and risks. A win-win for both owners and pup.
- View Furbo Dog Camera at Furbo (opens in new tab)
2. Book of the Month Monthly Subscription: View at Book of the Month (opens in new tab)
RRP: From $49.99 for three months | Delivery: 5-8 day shipping | Refundable?: Cancel anytime
For self-proclaimed bookworms, Book of the Month’s monthly subscription plan offers access to thousands of great reads, new and old. Every month, members can choose 5-7 hardcover books across genres to receive. All the recipient has to do is sign up and wait for their delivery. Literary escapism awaits, from gripping thrillers to sci-fi reads and the best romance books.
- View Monthly Subscription at Book of the Month (opens in new tab)
3. 100 Dates Bucket List Scratch: View at Amazon (opens in new tab)
RRP: $15 | Delivery: 5-7 days | Refundable?: 30-day return policy
This poster inspires couples who love to try new things and cherish their quality time together. It displays 100 date ideas from whimsical and traditional to romantic and unique. The concept is simple—once the couple has been on a date, they scratch off the respective box with a coin.
- View 100 Dates Bucket List Scratch at Amazon (opens in new tab)
4. Kabrio Picnic Basket: View at Macy's (opens in new tab)
RRP: $151.99 | Delivery: 3 day shipping available | Refundable?: 90-day return policy
A great gift for any couples who like to dine al-fresco, this picnic basket from Macy's comes with two hand-blown wine glasses, two cotton napkins, a cutting board, a cheese knife, and a corkscrew. What we really love about this basket though is that it also doubles up as a table, simply pull over the hardwood lid for a flat and sturdy surface. If you're feeling extra generous, gift a bottle of wine and a selection of cheese for the ultimate date day.
- View Kabrio Picnic Basket at Macy's (opens in new tab)
5. Aerogarden Harvest: View at Amazon (opens in new tab)
RRP: $249.95| Delivery: 2-4 day shipping | Refundable? 30-day return policy
The AeroGarden Harvest is an in-home garden system that can grow fresh herbs or veggies all year round for the couple into the plant-to-plate lifestyle. At 12 inches tall, the sleek digital herb garden can grow up to six plants at any time in the water, a cleaner alternative to soil-based indoor potted plants. It also comes with LED lights, which signal when it's time to add plant food and automatically power down. One of the best gifts for gardeners in the making who are yet to master the art of keeping houseplants alive.
- View Aerogarden Harvest at Amazon (opens in new tab)
6. Cast Iron Fondue Set: View at Amazon (opens in new tab)
RRP: $100 | Delivery: 6 days| Refundable?: Varies, depending on seller
Sharing fondue can be a fun and even romantic experience. (Just imagine being able to feed each other cheese- or chocolate-dipped delicacies over candlelight.) This set will allow a lucky couple to enjoy fondue in the comfort of their own home. It includes a cast iron pot with a spatter guard, a cast iron stand, a stainless steel burner, a wood base plate, and six forks - just in case the couple want to extend the invite and use this set when entertaining friends for lunch.
- View Cast Iron Fondue Set at Amazon (opens in new tab)
7. Personalized 100% Turkish Cotton Waffle Terry Bath Robe: View at Macy's (opens in new tab)
RRP: $135.00 each | Delivery: In-store pickup or shipping | Refundable?: Yes
Every weekend can be a spa weekend for your coupled friends with these personalized bath robes from Macy's. They're made from 100% genuine Turkish cotton so they'll not only be super comfy whilst wearing them but also nice and dry. Satin trimming on the collar gives these robes a sophisticated touch. They come in two sizes and can be monogrammed.
- View Personalized 100% Turkish Cotton Waffle Terry Bath Robe at Macy's (opens in new tab)
8. The Big Vegan Cheese Making Kit: View at Amazon (opens in new tab)
RRP: $32 | Delivery: 2-5 days | Refundable?: 30-day return policy
For a couple who love to try new things together, why not help them learn the art of cheesemaking? This handy kit is aimed at couples who are vegan and comes with a booklet of step-by-step instructions and recipes, a host of ingredients and cheese molds. Who knows — this could spark a new hobby for them to enjoy for years to come.
- View The Big Vegan Cheese Making Kit at Amazon (opens in new tab)
9. Egyptian Cotton Bed Linen Full Set: View at The White Company (opens in new tab)
RRP: From $29 | Delivery: Up to 4 days | Refundable?: Return until January 31, 2023
If they've already got the best mattress going and cloud-like best pillows, this soft and silky bedding will complete their bedroom in style. The White Company's classic, crisp white color includes a luxe pillowcase, duvet cover, and fitted sheet. This set is suitable for single, double, king, and super king-sized beds.
- View Egyptian Cotton Bed Linen Full Set at The White Company (opens in new tab)
10. Nespresso Essenza Mini: View at Amazon (opens in new tab)
RRP: $169 | Delivery: 2-4 day shipping | Refundable? 30-day money-back guarantee
A coffee machine is a perfect gift for coffee lovers and a capsule machine is great for quick and consistent cups of coffee. Unlike manual espresso machines, this model is mess-free, and with such a wide range of coffee pods available, there are endless choices, from barista classic coffees to caramel crème brûlée and cocoa truffle. Regularly voted one of the best coffee machines, the Essenza Mini can brew espresso and lungo drinks and is available in three colors - it also includes a milk frother for perfect cappuccinos.
- View Nespresso Essenza Mini at Amazon (opens in new tab)
11. Airbnb Gift Card: View at Airbnb (opens in new tab)
RRP: Choose an amount to add | Delivery: Immediate | Refundable?: No
Every globetrotting couple deserves to be accompanied by an Airbnb gift card. Airbnb is an online marketplace for vacation rentals and tourism activities, boasting nearly 5.6 million places to stay and thousands of experiences. You can send this gift via text or email, and it'll never expire. Nonetheless, your gift card cannot be resold, reloaded, transferred for value, or redeemed for cash, so you might want to send them this list of the best places to visit in Europe for some inspiration too.
- View Gift Card at Airbnb (opens in new tab)
12. Virgin Experience Days Couples Collection Voucher: View at Virgin Experience Gifts (opens in new tab)
RRP: From $149 | Delivery: 3-5 day shipping | Refundable?: 30-day return policy
Can’t decide what to gift a couple? Let them pick their present instead by giving them a voucher for a Virgin Experience Day of their choice. There are hundreds of experiences available to choose from, such as fine dining, a night away in a boutique hotel, a pick of the best spa breaks, workshops making everything from chocolate to pottery, or more unusual day outs like dumper truck-racing and llama trekking. Your order will ship within three to five business days and includes a 30-day return policy.
- View Couples Collection Voucher at Virgin Experience Gifts (opens in new tab)
13. Mixtape Potluck Cookbook: View at Amazon (opens in new tab)
RRP: $14.66 | Delivery: Next-day available | Refundable?: 30-day return policy
Couples who cook together, stay together. Curated by musician Questlove, drummer and joint frontman of The Roots (in-house band for The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon) this cookbook is anything but conventional. Both fun and informative, the recipe book draws inspiration from a potluck dinner party in which famous chefs, entertainers, musicians, and actresses have all shared one recipe for the collection.
Questlove has paired each delicious recipe with a song that he feels best captures their unique creative energy, resulting in a great cookbook full of not just delicious dinners, lunch ideas and dinner party desserts, but a fantastic playlist to boot.
- View Mixtape Potluck Cookbook at Amazon (opens in new tab)
14. Roccbox Pizza Oven: View at Amazon (opens in new tab)
RRP: $499 | Delivery: 6 days | Refundable?: 30-day return policy
Did you hear? Back garden BBQs are so last year, it's all about the Italian-style pizza nights now, with homemade, stone-baked pizzas fresh from the comfort of your own home. A great food gift for the couple that loves to host and cook at home their very own Roccbox—a restaurant-grade, portable outdoor pizza oven that when fired up can cook a Neapolitan pizza in just 60 seconds. Stupendo!
- View Roccbox Pizza Oven at Amazon (opens in new tab)
15. Sculpd Pottery Kit: View at SCULPD (opens in new tab)
RRP: $65 | Delivery: 2-day available | Refundable?: 30-day return policy
The Sculpd Pottery Kit is one of our favorite gifts, inspiring couples and friends to express their inner artist. The box contains the essentials necessary for creating clay creations, so you can make anything from plant pots, trinket dishes, vases, sculptures, and wall hangings. And the result? They’ll be left with more gifts to enjoy and use. Plus, they might even discover a new passion for pottery.
- View Pottery Kit at SCULPD (opens in new tab)
16. Fog of Love Board Game: View at Amazon (opens in new tab)
RRP: From $48.91 | Delivery: 7 days | Refundable?: 30-day return policy
This 2-player board game will allow couples to deeply explore their own relationship by creating a fictitious one. Fog of Love plays out like a rom-com, so it's a great gift idea for the couple who loves to spend time bingeing their favorite sappy films on Netflix. Choose from scenarios featuring same-sex and opposite-sex couples.
- View Fog of Love Board Game at Amazon (opens in new tab)
17. Custom Spotify Album Cover Digital Portrait: View at Etsy (opens in new tab)
RRP: From $22.79 | Delivery: 1 to 3 weeks | Refundable?: No
This customized digital portrait will appeal to the couple who loves to create playlists based on their road trips or other adventures. It's designed to look just like a Spotify song listing, complete with an album cover that features the lucky couple. If they have pets and/or kids, they can be included in the portrait, as well.
- View Custom Spotify Album Cover Digital Portrait at Etsy (opens in new tab)
18. Sushi 101 Virtual Cooking Class: View at Cuiline (opens in new tab)
RRP: From $55 per person | Delivery: Immediate | Refundable?: Yes
Here's an opportunity to learn how to make sushi and miso soup from a chef based in Japan. This 90-minute live-streamed cooking course is hosted by Mayuko Okada, who tops TripAdvisor's lists for top Food and Drink Activities in Tokyo. Recipients can even get a kit sent to them with everything they'll need for the class, which caters for dietary requirements such as vegan and nut-free.
- View Making Virtual Cooking Class at Cuiline (opens in new tab)
19. Sexy Truth or Dare: View at Uncommon Goods (opens in new tab)
RRP: $14.95 | Delivery: Up to 7 days| Refundable? Yes
Truth or dare is already a risky game. Up the ante with this sexy version of it, which includes 50 double-sided sticks with 100 salacious demands. It's an easy way for a couple to spice things up a little bit. However, if they're looking for something even spicier, pick up Kinky Truth or Dare (opens in new tab) instead (or in addition to the Sexy edition).
- View Sexy Truth or Dare at Uncommon Goods (opens in new tab)
20. Bonsai Starter Kit: View at Amazon (opens in new tab)
RRP: $24.99 | Delivery: 2-6 days| Refundable?: Return 30-day return policy
If the couple you're buying for fancy themselves ace gardeners, gift them this bonsai starter set. Even if they don't necessarily possess green fingers, this kit is a great gift for budding gardeners as it's accessible enough for beginners to grasp - and perhaps they'll fall into a new, relaxing hobby they'll come to love. It includes four types of seeds, four burlap growing pots, four plant markers, an expanding-soil disc, bonsai clippers and an instruction booklet.
- View Bonsai Starter Kit at Amazon (opens in new tab)
21. Yours, Mine, and Ours Engraved Decanter Set: View at Uncommon Goods (opens in new tab)
RRP: $75.00 | Delivery: 3-7 days | Refundable?: Yes
For the couple who enjoy drinking wine and spirits together, this engraved decanter set is a thoughtful and sweet gift that they can enjoy for years to come. Made from crystal and glass, this durable set is the perfect gift for couples who have just moved in together, too. Add a gift box or simply a personalized message at checkout to make this gift - which would also make a great anniversary present - even more special.
- View Yours, Mine and Ours Engraved Decanter Set at Uncommon Goods (opens in new tab)
22. Taste the World Gift Set: View at Tinggly (opens in new tab)
RRP: $179 | Delivery: 2-5 days | Refundable?: Within 30 days of purchase
Gifting an experience can be a great way to give those tricky-to-buy-for couples a memorable present - this gift box from Tinggly actually allows the recipients to choose their own experience out of over 300 options, including food tasting tours and brewery tours. There’s no expiration date to this gift box, meaning recipients can make use of their gift at any point in the future, and there’s an ‘instant delivery’ option (with the gift sent via email), making this a great last-minute option for Christmas.
- View Taste the World Gift Set at Uncommon Goods (opens in new tab)
23. Polaroid Now Camera Gift Set: View at Polaroid (opens in new tab)
RRP: $154.99 | Delivery: 2-5 days | Refundable?: Within 14 days of purchase
Polaroid cameras allow you to print photos instantly, meaning they’re perfect gifts for couples who want to capture more special moments on film. There are ten different colorways to choose from for the camera in this gift set, which also includes a pack of film, a neck strap for carrying the camera, and a large white or black photo album to present their photos. The camera is easy to use and has a nine-second self-timer function, making this gift set a thoughtful and practical gift for any couple in your life.
- View Polaroid Now Camera Gift Set at Polaroid (opens in new tab)
24. Weighted Blanket: View at Amazon (opens in new tab)
RRP: $48.97 | Delivery: 3-5 day delivery available | Refundable?: 30-day return policy
Weighted blankets are filled with glass balls or beads to create a thick, comforting feel, which is perfect for the colder months. This blanket is still breathable while providing the ultimate comfort. Reviewers praise the soft fabric and good quality feel, saying the blanket helped them get a better night's sleep.
- View Weighted Blanket at Amazon (opens in new tab)
25. Charcuterie Knives Set: View at West Elm (opens in new tab)
RRP: $42 | Delivery: 4-5 days | Refundable?: Within 30 days of delivery
For the couple who likes to host fancy dinner parties, these chic charcuterie knives are made from stainless steel and marble, so are heavy enough to be durable yet still easy to use. With a knife, spreader and slicer included, this set will make a Christmas cheese board feel all the more decadent.
- View Charcuterie Knives Set at West Elm (opens in new tab)
26. The Adventure Challenge: Couples edition: View at Amazon (opens in new tab)
RRP: $59.99 | Delivery: 3-5 days | Refundable?: Within 30 days of delivery
This is a fun gift for any couple, whether they're still in the honeymoon period or have been married for years. But we do particularly like it for established couples who have perhaps fallen into a routine and crave a bit more spontaneity in their relationship. The journal contains 50 scratch-off activity ideas that range from recreating their first date to dressing each other at a thrift store and baking with a blindfold. Fun!
- View The Adventure Challenge: Couples edition on Amazon (opens in new tab)
Where to find the best gifts for couples in the UK
- Amazon: Wide range of tech gifts, cookbooks, DIY kits, date ideas, and more (opens in new tab)
- Anthropologie: Find trinkets, unusual homeware, accessories and quirky gifts (opens in new tab)
- Etsy: Browse original and unique gifts from independent brands (opens in new tab)
- John Lewis: Reliable shop for all things homeware, fashion and more with great customer service (opens in new tab)
- Majestic: Mix and match top quality wines and get great discounts (opens in new tab)
- Not On The High Street: Bespoke and personalised gifts from independent sellers (opens in new tab)
- Oliver Bonas: Beautiful homeware gifts, fashion and beauty buys (opens in new tab)
- Prezzybox: Choose from gift experiences, vouchers for short breaks and more (opens in new tab)
- Red Letter Days: Browse spa trips, experiences and sustainable gifts (opens in new tab)
- Selfridges: Best destination for cooking gadgets from cheese to pizza kits (opens in new tab)
- The White Company: Score premier bedding, pillows and home gifts (opens in new tab)
- Virgin Experience Days: Explore a variety of getaways, day experiences, and more (opens in new tab)
Our pick of the best gifts for couples in the UK
1. Majestic Classics 12 Mixed Wine Case: View at Majestic (opens in new tab)
RRP: £80 per case | Delivery: 2-7 days | Refundable?: Money-back guarantee if you're not satisfied
If the couple you are shopping for enjoys sharing a bottle of wine together, or with friends and family, then adding to (or starting) their collection of wine at home is a nice gesture and is a great gift for couples no matter what the occasion. This mixed case of wine from Majestic contains both reds and whites, but for a special gift for an extra special occasion, consider gifting some of the best champagne, cava and more with one of Majestic's sparkling wine cases (opens in new tab).
- View Mixed Wine Case at Majestic (opens in new tab)
2. Linen bedding bundle: View at Piglet in Bed (opens in new tab)
RRP: From £210 | Delivery: 4 days | Refundable?: 90-day return policy
For an ultra-special gift for couples, treat them to Piglet in Bed’s Lake Blue Linen Bedding Bundle - perfect for couples who love to spend Saturday mornings cosy in bed! Piglet in Bed are purveyors of the best sheets and linen bedding, offering ultimate comfort and style that matches any bedroom trend. The signature fabric, made from 100% natural stonewashed French flax, gets softer and softer with use. Ironing is optional as their crumpled texture looks great straight off the line or out of the dryer.
- View Bed Linen Bundle at Piglet in Bed (opens in new tab)
3. Personalized Parkland Bench: View at Not on the High Street (opens in new tab)
RRP: £1,045 | Delivery: Around 6 weeks | Refundable?: No
A gift that will keep on giving for years, if not generations, to come, this solid teak bench has been made to last. Often the hallmark of a great gift is that it's something the recipient wouldn't buy themselves - and this investment purchase is just that.
Have the bench engraved on the seat, bench back (or both) with anything you wish. Dates and names make a classic choice, but sentimental sayings or meaningful quotes also make a nice touch.
- View Personalized Parkland Bench at Not on the High Street (opens in new tab)
4. Yoocaa 12 Hydroponics Growing System: View at Amazon (opens in new tab)
RRP: £79.99 | Delivery: One-day available | Refundable?: 30-day return policy
This herb garden grows herbs and/or veggies all year round. It can grow up to 12 plants at any time in the water, a cleaner alternative to soil-based indoor potted plants. It also comes with an LED light pole, and there's a one-year warranty.
- View Yoocaa Herb Garden at Amazon (opens in new tab)
5. The Book of Us - The Journal of Your Love Story in 150 Questions: View at World of Books (opens in new tab)
RRP: From £3.49 | Delivery: 3 days | Refundable?: Within 30 days of purchase
Immortalize their love story with this fill-in journal, with prompts to capture all of the big and small moments. Couples are invited to answer 150 poignant prompts and relive special events, trips, milestones, and more.
- View The Book of Us at World of Books (opens in new tab)
6. Macknade hampers: View at MACKNADE (opens in new tab)
RRP: from £50 | Delivery: 6 days | Refundable?: Within 14 days of delivery
The beauty of sending a food and drink hamper to a couple, is that there is bound to be something they can both enjoy inside. With strong roots in the garden of England and the island of Ischia in Italy, Macknade is on a mission to bring producers, suppliers, and consumers closer together in true community spirit and their hampers are a bountiful offering of top quality produce and artisan treats.
- View Hampers at Macknade (opens in new tab)
7. Egyptian Cotton Bed Linen Collection: View at The White Company UK (opens in new tab)
RRP: From £65 | Delivery: 3-5 days| Refundable?: Within 30 days of purchase
With a 200-thread count, this Egyptian cotton set is soft, breathable and will last your coupled friends years to come. The bundle includes a duvet cover, fitted sheet and two pillowcases.
- View Egyptian Cotton Bed Linen Collection at The White Company (opens in new tab)
8. Nespresso Vertuo Next Coffee Machine: View at Amazon (opens in new tab)
RRP: £119 | Delivery: Two-day available | Refundable?: Return until January 31, 2023
The Vertuo delivers quick and consistent cups of joe, offering a wide range of cup sizes. It comes with a milk frother, and a welcome set of pods including twelve different coffee capsules.
- View Nespresso Vertuo Next Coffee Machine at Amazon (opens in new tab)
9. Airbnb Gift Card: View at Airbnb (opens in new tab)
RRP: Choose an amount to add | Delivery: Immediate | Refundable?: No
Treat the adventurous couple in your life to an Airbnb gift card. Send this gift via text or email and it'll never expire, letting the recipients choose from a huge variety of holiday destinations or experiences.
- View Gift Card at Airbnb (opens in new tab)
10. Virgin Experience Days Couples Collection Voucher: View at Virgin Experience Days (opens in new tab)
RRP: From £99 | Delivery: 3-5 day shipping | Refundable? 30-day return policy
This voucher offers hundreds of experiences to select, from fine dining to indulgent getaways. Your lucky recipients can book anything from nature holidays in the UK to the best afternoon teas in London to supercar racing.
- View Couples Collection Voucher at Virgin Experience Days (opens in new tab)
11. Hydrocotton Towels: View at The White Company (opens in new tab)
RRP: from £18 | Delivery: 3–5 days | Refundable?: Within 30 days of purchase
Whether you're gifting a couple a new hand towel for their downstairs loo or a luxurious bath sheet to wrap up in for a luxury hotel feel, The White Company is the place to go for gorgeous cotton towels and bathroom linen. Top quality towels make a great gift, as they make all the difference in your bathroom but aren't necessarily something you'd invest in for your home yourself.
- View Hydrocotton Towels at The White Company (opens in new tab)
12. Roccbox Pizza Oven: View at Amazon UK (opens in new tab)
RRP: £399 | Delivery: Two-day available | Refundable?: Varies depending on seller
Gift a couple that loves to host and cook at home their very own Roccbox—a restaurant-grade, portable outdoor pizza oven that can cook a Neapolitan pizza in just 60 seconds.
- View Roccbox Pizza Oven at Amazon (opens in new tab)
13. BUYAGIFT Time Together Gift Experiences Box: View at Amazon (opens in new tab)
RRP: £79.99 | Delivery: Next-day available | Refundable?: 30-day return policy
From the UK’s leading experience provider, the Time Together Box presents thousands of activities that’ll delight even the pickiest of giftees. Once they receive their voucher, your favorite couple can choose from 995 experiences, whether that be a visit to one of the best spa hotels in Wales or a stay at affordable luxury hotels London. The gift can be also redeemed up to two years after it was received.
- View BUYAGIFT Time Together Gift Experiences Box at Amazon (opens in new tab)
14. Pegi Textured Glaze Gray Ceramic Plant Pot: View at Oliver Bonas (opens in new tab)
RRP: £16.50 | Delivery: 3-5 days | Refundable? 30-day return policy
Homeware makes a great gift for couples who have their own place. One can never have enough plants - or plant pots - so help them grow their collection with this colorful ceramic plant pot that comes in various styles.
- View Pegi Textured Glaze Gray Ceramic Plant Pot at at Oliver Bonas (opens in new tab)
15. Oita Glass Cafetière: View at Oliver Bonas (opens in new tab)
RRP: £32.50 | Delivery: 3-5 days | Refundable?: 30-day return policy
For the couple who love to cook and entertain, a cookbook, tableware or barware all make great gifts and will elevate any hosting experience. You’ll soon be invited back to enjoy a delicious recipe served with prized new tableware or a freshly shaken cocktail. It’s a gift both the couple and their guests will appreciate!
We've tried and tested this beautiful glass cafetière and can confirm it's as good as it looks - one of the best french press coffee makers for couples who like to enjoy their coffee in style.
- View Oita Glass Cafetiere at Oliver Bonas (opens in new tab)
16. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate: View at Amazon (opens in new tab)
RRP: £32.99 | Delivery: 2-5 days | Refundable?: 30-day return policy
If they're proud gamers, then present them with a massive vault of options, rather than just one. Introduced by Microsoft, the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is a subscription gaming service offering over 100 top-rated games (with new ones regularly added).
- View Xbox Game Pass Ultimate at Amazon UK (opens in new tab)
17. DR. Q HI-04 Projector with Projection Screen: View at Amazon (opens in new tab)
RRP: £72.99 | Delivery: One-day available | Refundable?: 30-day return policy
Gift the movie-loving couple in your life this projector, with a screen included, and they’ve got a cinema set-up from the comfort of their own home. The projector has Bluetooth, so it can connect to a soundbar or speakers for a more immersive experience, and can even be used outside when the weather permits. The perfect gift for the couple who loves hosting, too.
- View DR. Q Hi-04 Projector with Projection Screen at Amazon (opens in new tab)
18. HoMedics Gel Shiatsu Massage Cushion: View at Boots (opens in new tab)
RRP: £299.99 | Delivery: Next-day available | Refundable?: 35-day return policy
While gifting a spa trip or a couple’s massage will no doubt go down well, this Shiatsu Massage cushion allows recipients to achieve this same level of relief from home - the massager has gel nodes that rotate and roll over sore, tight muscles. They can control the intensity, speed and firmness with the accompanying remote control, and even add a low level of heat, which helps relax muscles in the neck, shoulders and/or back.
- View HoMedics Gel Shiatsu Massage Cushion at Boots (opens in new tab)
19. Couples Spa at Home Gift Hamper: View at Not on the High Street (opens in new tab)
RRP: £65 | Delivery: 5-7 days | Refundable?: Within 28 days of purchase, unless personalized
A thoughtful gift for both parties, this couples spa package is also a great unique gift or Christmas hamper to give this month. The gift set comes with an aromatherapy candle, herbal tea, aromatherapy bath and body oil and more, including everything you need to make an exfoliating clay mask for two. Free gift wrapping is available alongside a gift card, which can be personalized with your own special message.
- View Couples Spa at Home Gift Hamper (opens in new tab)
20. electriQ Robot Vacuum Cleaner: View at Appliances Direct (opens in new tab)
RRP: £99.97 | Delivery: Next-day available | Refundable?: Within 14 days of delivery
A practical gift that someone might not buy themselves is always appreciated, especially when it’s something that saves time and effort. This robot vacuum cleaner can be left to its own devices while it cleans for up to two hours, and has three different cleaning modes. The HEPA filter means the vacuum is perfect for allergy sufferers, and it can be handily controlled via an app, before taking itself to its charging dock when it’s finished.
- View electriQ Robot Vacuum Cleaner at Appliances Direct (opens in new tab)
21. Jet SodaStream starter set: View at SodaStream (opens in new tab)
RRP: £84.99 | Delivery: 4-6 days | Refundable?: 30-day return policy
For the couple who love a carbonated drink, this retro gadget has made a major comeback over the last few years. It can create sparkling water or drinks at the touch of a button and the level of fizz can be adapted to their own personal preferences. The set comes with a reusable bottle too for their sparkling creations, making it a great gift for any couples who are trying to drop single-use plastics in an attempt to live more sustainably.
- View Jet Starter Kit at SodaStream (opens in new tab)
22. Denby Halo Mug set of two: View at John Lewis (opens in new tab)
RRP: £36 | Delivery: Next-day delivery available | Refundable?: 30-day return policy
These timeless mugs from Denby are a classy alternative to 'his and hers' mugs. These glazed speckled mugs are perfect for their morning coffee and have a robust, comfortable feel and a classic and sophisticated design. They're a great accompaniment to the Oliver Bonas cafetière and will add a touch of luxury to their everyday routine.
- View Denby Halo Mugs at John Lewis (opens in new tab)
23. Wireless Bluetooth turntable with speakers: View at Amazon (opens in new tab)
RRP: £129.99 | Delivery: 2-3 day delivery | Refundable?: 30-day return policy
A music player to suit all tastes, this three-speed turntable can play records and can seamlessly connect to a phone, tablet or other audio device using a standard 1/8" stereo cable. Although it comes with high-quality speakers, you can also set it up with Bluetooth speakers if you want to play your records through another device. It also looks pretty good too in a black or wood finish that can match any room.
- View wireless Bluetooth turntable with speakers at Amazon (opens in new tab)
24. Let's Get Closer, couple prompt cards: View at Amazon (opens in new tab)
RRP: £34.99 | Delivery: Next-day delivery available | Refundable?: 30-day return policy
This pack of prompt cards from Intelligent Choice contains 100 questions aimed to stimulate conversation and strengthen closeness and intimacy between couples - whether they're a new couple or have been married for many years. They can pick the level of intimacy they are comfortable with and choose cards to match. The prompts ask them deep questions about love, life, values, each other and everything in between. The physical format of the cards also encourages them to switch off their devices and fully focus on answering the questions (and of course, one another).
- View Let's Get Closer prompt cards at Amazon (opens in new tab)
25. Silver Espresso Martini Gift Set: View at Grind (opens in new tab)
RRP: £45 | Delivery: 2-3 delivery available | Refundable?: 30-day return policy
This espresso martini set from Grind comes with a silver Grind coffee tin, mini cocktail shaker, pouch of coffee beans and four double measures of vodka, making it the perfect gift for coffee lovers and cocktail lovers alike. Also included is a sturdy illustrated tote bag which they can argue over.
- View Silver Espresso Martini Gift Set at Grind (opens in new tab)
How to buy the best gifts for couples
Kate Salmon, Head of Home and Gift Buying at Oliver Bonas (opens in new tab), told woman&home: “Shopping for one person is challenging enough, but shopping for a couple is significantly trickier - especially if it's a new relationship, or a couple you don’t know very well. When selecting a gift to mark an engagement, anniversary, wedding, housewarming or even just a thank you present, homeware is always a brilliant option, sure to become a treasured keepsake and keep both partners happy."
"Boost their everyday routine with a unique cafetière or mug to make every brew feel special and encourage them to take some much deserved ‘them-time’. Or, for another fail-safe option, help your friends grow their indoor garden with a new plant pot- their plant babies deserve to thrive in style!”
Holly Harper, Head of Inspiration at Not on the High Street (opens in new tab) explained to womanandhome.com that the key to getting gifting for couples right for every occasion is to lean into practicality rather get something that might not be to their personal taste: "When gifting for couples, think of items that can come in handy, for example noticing items that aren’t always a need but a want."
"I love the idea that you can create your own tradition by gifting couples a variation of the same gift - something you can't go wrong with, so to speak. Gifts which reflect the personality of the couple or represent a shared memory always tend to be received well too."
What to get a couple who has everything
With more than 20 years of experience, wedding industry expert Kelly Mortimer (opens in new tab) shares the key to getting a good gift for a couple who "has everything" is to give them an experience over a material item. "What does the couple do in their spare time or on their date nights? This will give you plenty of clues as to what they enjoy together," Mortimer suggests. If you do want to buy them an item, Mortimer recommends sticking to something they might not know they need. "If they like traveling, for instance, you could get them some personalized passport holders or luggage tags."
Francesca Pittaway, a curator at Not on the High Street (opens in new tab), suggests finding a gift with a story behind it. "A great way to give a meaningful gift is to look for something that has a story to tell such as products made from unusual materials, gifts that have been made using interesting crafting techniques, or items that are environmentally conscious," says Pittaway. "If the product has meaningful beginnings or a meaningful journey it will feel even more special to the recipient."
What are the most popular gift experiences for couples?
Gifting a couple an experience rather than a product not only buys the pair some quality time together, but it also has a much greater chance of being used and enjoyed, rather than an item which might not be to their taste or that might double up on something they already own.
The team from Red Letter Days (opens in new tab) revealed to woman&home what their best selling gifts for couples are, to help you pick a gift that any couple would truly love:
- Bannatyne Spa Day with Three Treatments for Two
- Afternoon Tea for Two at Patisserie Valerie
- Tea for Two Gift Box
- Overnight Glamping Escape for Two
- iFLY Indoor Skydiving Experience for Two
- Two Course Lunch with Prosecco for Two at The Montcalm Marble Arch
- Blissful Spa Day for Two People
- Assault Rifle Shooting at Target Sports World for Two
- Afternoon Tea with Champagne for Two in The Domes at London Secret Garden Kensington
Anna is an editor and journalist, specializing in SEO and digital content production. First carving her career in communications and advertising agencies in Berlin and Barcelona, Anna's former life saw her work for film studios and inside a fashion house, before she moved to Metro.co.uk (opens in new tab) where her career highlights include heading up the SEO desk during the Covid-19 pandemic. Anna's published work ranges from culture and films to human interest features and live news coverage.
In her spare time, she enjoys watching movies, discovering the next big thing in music, traveling, online shopping, and poring over poetry and magazines. When she's not consuming those things, she's probably writing about them.
Originally from Glasgow, Anna has lived in Berlin, Barcelona, and London, not to mention stints in Guernsey and Athens. When she's not struggling to navigate a new language, she's always chasing the next hot trend and perfect black dress (you can never have too many).
Air fryer vs microwave – what are the differences, and which is cheaper to run?
If you're debating an air fryer vs a microwave, according to experts this is when you should use one over the other
By Amy Hunt • Published
The best high-impact sports bras: 12 supportive styles to invest in this year
The best high-impact sports bras offer support for whatever you do, from HIIT to running
By Hannah Holway • Published