Finding the best Christmas gifts for dads is no easy feat. Our handy guide, featuring gifts that he'll actually use and appreciate, is here to help.
Most dads seem pretty easy to please; however, shopping for them is near-impossible - they seem to have everything they want already, or claim that they don't need anything for Christmas.
That's where we, the shopping experts, come in. We've put together a comprehensive list of Christmas gifts for men that includes ideas for every type of dad, whether they're sporty, outdoorsy, a foodie, techie, or into fashion and grooming.
The best Christmas gifts for dads to buy in 2022
Browse our guide of the best Christmas gifts for those hard-to-buy-for dads, to find something truly unique and special that he'll love this festive season.
Where to find the best Christmas gifts for dads in the US
- Amazon: Premier range of men's fashion, tech, fitness, and book finds (opens in new tab)
- Bloomingdales: Best curation of men's designer accessories (opens in new tab)
- Etsy: Expansive selection of handmade and bespoke gifts for dads (opens in new tab)
- Macy's: Best high-end and affordable gifts in home and kitchen (opens in new tab)
- Neiman Marcus: The one-stop-shop for designer brands (opens in new tab)
- Nordstrom: Best destination for high-end and affordable gifts (opens in new tab)
- Nordstrom Rack: Best discounts on designer and high-end gifts (opens in new tab)
- Saks Fifth Avenue: Prime destination for designer accessories, sets, and more (opens in new tab)
- Saks Off 5th: Steep discounts on designer and high-end gifts (opens in new tab)
- Selfridges: Best destination for high-end home and kitchen gifts (opens in new tab)
- Sephora: Premier hub of luxury beauty brands (opens in new tab)
- Target: The ultimate one-stop-shop for affordable home, tech, and more gifts (opens in new tab)
- Ulta Beauty: Premier hub of affordable and drugstore beauty brands (opens in new tab)
- Walmart: Best destination for tech, home, kitchen, and more gifts (opens in new tab)
- Wayfair: Shop premier tech, homeware and more (opens in new tab)
- West Elm: Discover ultra-luxe home decor, bedding, furniture, kitchen and dining (opens in new tab)
- Williams Sonoma: Explore high-end kitchen gadgets, cookware, cutlery, and more (opens in new tab)
Our pick of the best Christmas gifts for dads in the US
1. Le Creuset Signature Stainless Steel Sauté Pan: View at Williams Sonoma (opens in new tab)
RRP: $390 | Delivery: 3-5 days | Refundable: Within 30 days of purchase
Le Creuset is a long-lasting, durable and iconic brand, making this gift a thoughtful yet functional gift for any dads that love cooking. A staple for any kitchen, Le Creuset pans are designed to heat food evenly, expertly handmade with molten iron, and are safe to use on any hob or oven and to pop in the dishwasher.
2. Men's Shearling Button Fleece Pullover: View at Patagonia (opens in new tab)
RRP: $103.99 | Delivery: Orders shipped within 1-2 days | Refundable: No limit on returns or exchanges
Patagonia fleeces are warm, snug, practical pieces of outerwear, but still undoubtedly stylish. This classic design would suit all ages, making it a great Christmas gift for husbands (opens in new tab)and dads alike. This moss-colored fleece is made from 100% recycled polyester, so the planet won’t be harmed by the gifting of this cozy pullover.
- View Men's Shearling Button Fleece Pullover at Patagonia (opens in new tab)
3. Round Cufflinks: View at Nordstrom (opens in new tab)
RRP: $250 | Delivery: Next-day available | Refundable: No time limit on returns or exchanges
These cufflinks are made from sterling silver and sugilite and feature a vibrant purple color. This unique gift will be a great accessory to a wedding or other special accessory that dads can reuse for years to come. If you choose to pick up your gift from a Nordstrom store rather than have it delivered, you can choose a printed gift message and/or Nordstrom gift box for no extra cost, or add signature gift wrap for $5 extra.
4. KitchenAid 2.1L Food Processor: View at Crate & Barrel (opens in new tab)
RRP: $159.95 | Delivery: 3-5 days | Refundable: Within 90 days of purchase
As one of the best food processors (opens in new tab), the KitchenAid 2.1L Food Processor is multi-functional and comes in a sleek little package that will look good on the kitchen counter. It's also really easy to use, with the parts slotting together effortlessly. A must for any keen cooks out there, and a great Christmas gift for parents (opens in new tab) who may be about to embark on the process of weaning.
- View KitchenAid 2.1L Food Processor at Crate & Barrel (opens in new tab)
5. Global 7-piece Knife Set: View at Amazon (opens in new tab)
RRP: $349.95| Delivery: 3-5 days | Refundable: Return until 31st January, 2023
Every chef needs a reliable knife set and Global is known for its quality products. And with a seven-piece set, you can be sure that your dad has all the blades he needs to bring precision and quality to his cooking preparation.
There are various seven-piece Global knife sets available but most include the essential Cook's Knife, which can be used for all types of preparation from chopping vegetables to slicing meats and everything in between. It's also worth noting that a seven-piece set will generally contain six instruments as well as a stand, block, or case to hold the tools. A great Christmas gift for foodies (opens in new tab) who love trying out new recipes.
6. Bleu De Chanel Eau De Parfum Spray: View at Macy's (opens in new tab)
RRP: From $102 | Delivery: Same-day available | Refundable: Return until 31st January, 2023
For cologne-obsessed dads, this fragrance imparts woodsy notes of vetiver, pink pepper, dry cedar, and more - making it one of the best colognes for men (opens in new tab). And if you're a mom helping out the kids with their dad's Christmas present, this will be a treat for you, too!
7. Garmin Approach S62 Golf Watch: View at Amazon (opens in new tab)
RRP: $432.93 | Delivery: 2-3 days | Refundable: Return until 31st January, 2023
If your dad is a keen golfer he will need one of these GPS golf watches. Built-in technology helps users calculate distances to the front, middle, and back of the green, as well as hazards, plus this watch automatically records the location and distance of each detected shot and also lets you manually adjust to today's pin position for accurate approach shots.
8. Bose SoundLink Color II: View at Best Buy (opens in new tab)
RRP: $129.99 | Delivery: Next-day available | Refundable: Gifts purchased before 31st December, 2022 can be returned until 14th January, 2023
This speaker is a must-have for dads who love to listen to music wherever they go. At a pretty reasonable price for such a high-end tech brand, this speaker boasts impressive volume, bass, and clarity in a compact package. It's also water-resistant so is perfect for taking on a holiday to use around the pool and the silicone body means that it's protected from drops and scratches.
It comes in a variety of colors so that you can personalize the design to suit your dad's tastes. This is also a great Christmas gift for teenagers (opens in new tab) that will soon be heading off to college.
- View Bose SoundLink Color II at Best Buy (opens in new tab)
9. Kindle Oasis: View at Amazon (opens in new tab)
RRP: $249.99 | Delivery: 2-6 days | Refundable: Return until 31st January, 2023
While there are many Kindles and eReaders on the market to choose from, the Oasis makes a lovely gift. As one of the best Kindles (opens in new tab), it boasts a large 7-inch screen and a high 300 pixels-per-inch resolution, adjustable lighting that can go from bright white to warm amber, and a sleek but waterproof design. Plus it can hold a huge selection of books with 8GB or 32GB capacity options.
10. The Essential Caramel Cashmere Sweater Mens: View at NAADAM (opens in new tab)
RRP: $75 | Delivery: 1-7 days| Refundable: Within 30 days of delivery
Through sustainable practices, NAADAM aims to democratize cashmere, one design at a time. Enter: The Essential Cashmere Sweatshirt, coming in at just $75/£65. Available in several colors, this garb is made from supremely soft cashmere, is available in a variety of sizes, and can also be purchased in a V-neck style. More importantly, it's the equivalent of a warm, comfortable hug on a chilly day.
- View Café Cotton Cashmere Sweatshirt at NAADAM (opens in new tab)
11. New York Times Crossword Puzzle Calendar 2022: View at Amazon (opens in new tab)
RRP: $16 | Delivery: 2-5 day shipping | Refundable: 30-day return policy
Help keep his mind sharp with the New York Times Crossword Puzzle Calendar, featuring 313 puzzles for both beginners and certified cruciverbalists. Plus, when you purchase this calendar, you'll receive one free month of full digital access to New York Times Games.
12. MEATER Plus Smart Meat Thermometer: View at Amazon (opens in new tab)
RRP: $99.95 | Delivery: 2-5 day shipping | Refundable: Return until 31st January 2023
For the pedantic grill master, this smart thermometer allows users to monitor their cooking through WiFi and app connections. This gadget leverages dual temperature sensors, which ensure even heating and, more notably, preserve the rich flavor. Users can even set up custom alerts and notifications based on the temperature and time.
13. OONA Fyra 12 Pizza Oven Bundle: View at Williams Sonoma (opens in new tab)
RRP: $474.95 | Delivery: 3-5 days | Refundable: Within 30 days
Transform his backyard into a fully-robust pizzeria, courtesy of OONI's oven bundle. This kit includes all of the essentials for creating the perfect wood-fired pie: a portable oven, hardwood pellets, perforated pizza peel, a cooking guide, and a carry case. The oven is protected by an insulated carbon steel shell, which is both powder-coated and durable. Now that's amore!
- View OONI Pizza Oven Bundle at Williams Sonoma (opens in new tab)
14. Personalized Leather Chess and Draughts Set: View at Not On The High Street (opens in new tab)
RRP: $87.29 | Delivery: 5-10 days | Refundable: Within 28 days of purchase
Gift him this ultra-luxe set, designed to be enjoyed among loved ones. Crafted from fine leather, this set features chess pieces in rich gold and comes in navy, blush, pink, tan, or black colors. Plus, it folds for easy storage and can be customized with text.
- View Personalized Leather Chess and Draughts Set at Not On The High Street (opens in new tab)
15. Make Your Own Belt Kit: View at Not On The High Street (opens in new tab)
RRP: From $57.03 | Delivery: 5-10 days | Refundable: Within 28 days of purchase
For the style maven, this kit will allow him to curate his belt with a unique flair. The leather comes in three classic colors, while the bucket is available in solid brass and nickel-plated brass. Available in sizes XS-XL.
- View Make Your Own Belt Kit at Not On The High Street (opens in new tab)
Where to find the best Christmas gifts for dads in the UK
- Amazon: Score discounts on tech, men's fashion, books and more (opens in new tab)
- Argos: The ultimate mecca of home & furniture, gardening and appliances (opens in new tab)
- Boots: The go-to destination for men's grooming products (opens in new tab)
- Currys: Shop top-rated smart tech, kitchen gadgets, and more (opens in new tab)
- Debenhams: Discover the best sportswear, home, and accessory brands (opens in new tab)
- Fortnum & Mason: Shop bespoke Christmas hampers and gift sets (opens in new tab)
- Harrods: Huge curation of designer handbags, accessories and more (opens in new tab)
- Harvey Nichols: Massive selection of luxury fashion, beauty, food and wine (opens in new tab)
- House of Fraser: Wide mix of affordable and high-end fashion (opens in new tab)
- John Lewis: Shop premium buys across lots of categories (opens in new tab)
- Liberty London: Explore high-end gifts in home and accessories (opens in new tab)
- Not On The High Street: Expansive selection of handmade and bespoke gifts (opens in new tab)
- Selfridges: Premier destination for high-end and exclusive sets (opens in new tab)
Our pick of the best Christmas gifts for dads in the UK
1. Leitmotiv Clip-On 34cm Desk Lamp: View at Wayfair (opens in new tab)
RRP: £71.99 | Delivery: Around 6 days | Refundable: Within 30 days of delivery
For bookworm dads who stay up reading long into the night, a clamp light is essential for ensuring they can read to their heart’s content without disrupting anyone else’s night-time routine. The clamp attaches to a headboard, and the arm of the light features a flexible end, which is easily adjustable for focusing on what’s being read. The lamp comes in black, green, mouse grey, and white colors, so there’s an option to suit the bedroom feng shui of any dad. Complete the gift with one of the best books (opens in new tab).
2. Cedar & Neroli Beard Oil 15ml: View at Prior (opens in new tab)
RRP: £16 | Delivery: 3-5 days | Refundable: Within 14 days of purchase
Facial hair often needs some maintenance, and beard oil is a great gift for a dad whose beard could do with a little TLC. This treatment is full of essential oils, including argan oil, which nourishes and hydrates, and the cedarwood and neroli oil result in a woody, natural scent. The glass bottle is recyclable (or reusable, for future ointments), and the oil contains 97% organic ingredients, making this a great sustainable gift (opens in new tab) too.
- View Cedar & Neroli Beard Oil 15ml at Prior (opens in new tab)
3. Marshall Willen Portable Bluetooth Speaker: View at John Lewis (opens in new tab)
RRP: £89.99 | Delivery: Within 5 days | Refundable: Gifts purchased between 27th September and 24th December 2022 can be returned until 28th January 2023
You can’t go wrong with tech gifts for dads, and audiophiles especially will be pleased with this tiny but powerful portable speaker from Marshall. With a design that evokes a mini amplifier, this speaker is made to be used outdoors, and is dust and water-resistant, meaning there’ll be no worries about using it for barbeques and garden parties. Plus, there are over fifteen hours of listening to enjoy on one charge, which is ideal for such a portable-sized speaker. This speaker is a universally good gift for anyone who loves music, making it a great Christmas gift for her (opens in new tab), too.
4. Oak Wood Foldable Cookbook Stand: View at John Lewis (opens in new tab)
RRP: £32 | Delivery: Within 5 days | Refundable: Gifts purchased between 27th September and 24th December 2022 can be returned until 28th January 2023
A wealth of recipes are available online, but many still prefer the ‘old-fashioned’ option of one of the best physical cookbook (opens in new tab)s. This oak wood stand will hold a cookbook open on a certain page for easy reference, as well as fitting an iPad or other tablet device. The stand is large enough to fit even the heftiest cookbook, and its sturdy material will last for years to come.
5. Personalized oil or vinegar bottle: View at Etsy (opens in new tab)
RRP: £22.27 | Delivery: 3-5 days | Refundable: Within 30 days of delivery
Another gift for the cook in the house, this charming oil and vinegar bottle can be personalized with the recipient’s name, making this a highly unique foodie gift while also being practical enough to use every day. Though the design may look slightly complicated, it’s easy enough to separately pour out olive oil and balsamic vinegar (or other oils and vinegars of choice) from this aesthetically pleasing bottle. Gift wrapping is also available.
6. Recycled Copper Moscow Mule Gift Set: View at Made Trade (opens in new tab)
RRP: £109.61 | Delivery: 2-3 days | Refundable: Eligible full-priced items purchased between 15th October and 31st December 2022 can be exchanged or returned for store credit until 15th January 2023
For a truly unique Christmas gift idea (opens in new tab), these mugs are made from 100% recycled copper and they come with a butler bell, shot cup, and a bar spoon for mixing drinks - the perfect gift for a dad who is particularly fussy about how their alcoholic drinks are served. The mugs are perfect for Moscow Mules, but a glass of whisky or even wine in one of these beautifully crafted mugs would be just as elegant. The retailer suggests washing the copper mugs carefully with soap and water and scrubbing them with vinegar to retain their natural shine.
- View Recycled Copper Moscow Mule Gift Set at Made Trade (opens in new tab)
7. Contemporary Commuter Cork Backpack: View at Made Trade (opens in new tab)
RRP: £157.92 | Delivery: 2-3 days | Refundable: Eligible full-priced items purchased between 15th October and 31st December 2022 can be exchanged or returned for store credit until 15th January 2023
This commuter backpack (opens in new tab) is made from natural cork, which may sound like a stiff or uncomfortable material, but this bag is perfectly malleable, suitable for taking on long trips or wearing for a substantial amount of time, and is sturdy while still being lightweight. Cork is a naturally vegan and sustainable material, and another bonus is its waterproof credentials, so dads can take this backpack literally anywhere. A laptop of up to 15” will fit and stay secure in the inside pocket, and a zipped pocket on the exterior is perfect for smaller items that need to be easily accessible. This item is low in stock, so snap it up quickly to get your dad a gift he’ll actually use all the time.
- View Contemporary Commuter Cork Backpack at Made Trade (opens in new tab)
8. Fitbit Inspire 2: View at Currys (opens in new tab)
RRP: £49.99 | Delivery: 3-5 days | Refundable: Within 30 days of purchase of delivery
Among the best Fitbits (opens in new tab), the Inspire 2 is a compact, easy-to-use fitness tracker. You can monitor your steps, distance, hourly activity, resting heart rate, and calories burned.
9. Lucky Voice Karaoke Kit: View at Selfridges (opens in new tab)
RRP: £70 | Delivery: Next-day availble | Refundable: Within 28 days of purchase
If he fancies shower jam sessions, give him a public platform with Lucky Voice. This kit comes with all of the essentials for great karaoke. It can be used solo or with loved ones, also making this a fun Christmas gift for friends (opens in new tab). The gold microphone will make him feel especially cool.
10. Recycled Rubber Desk Mat: View at Made Trade (opens in new tab)
RRP: £66.68 | Delivery: 2-3 days | Refundable: Eligible full-priced items purchased between 15th October and 31st December 2022 can be exchanged or returned for store credit until 15th January 2023
Made from recycled rubber and brass, this desk mat easily sticks to the surface of a desk, allowing for keyboards, mice, notebooks and anything else to be used atop it without slipping around. It’ll also neatly organise the desk of the dad who works from home, with its sleek speckled design.
- View Recycled Rubber Desk Mat at Made Trade (opens in new tab)
11. Perixx Periduo-505 Wired Ergonomic Split Keyboard and Vertical Mouse: View at Amazon (opens in new tab)
RRP: £34.99 | Delivery: Next-day available with Prime | Refundable: Within 30 days of receipt
Ergonomic keyboards are designed specially for comfort: they allow for palms to rest, and this keyboard provides different options for your hands to sit, according to preference and comfort. The accompanying ergonomic mouse is made to sit vertically, encouraging arms to rest in a natural position rather than twisting for the mouse. Both the keyboard and mouse connect to monitors and laptops via USB wires, so there’ll be no need for pesky Bluetooth connections. This practical gift idea could also be the ticket if you're looking for an inexpensive Christmas gift idea for your co-worker (opens in new tab). Trust us, they'll appreciate it.
12. Presage Cocktail Time ‘The Irish Coffee’ Watch: View at SEIKO (opens in new tab)
RRP: £390 | Delivery: 2-5 days | Refundable: Within 14 days of delivery
You can’t go wrong with a high-quality watch when looking for gifts for dads, and SEIKO is well-known for being the best of the bunch. Inspired by cocktail culture in Tokyo, this watch is named after ‘The Irish Coffee’ cocktail, which is matched by the coffee-colored, premium leather watch strap. Not only does the watch look beautifully crafted, but the case of the watch face is also made from stainless steel, which, alongside durable leather, makes this watch an investment that will keep your dad happy for years.
13. Teal Towelling Dressing Gown: View at John Lewis (opens in new tab)
RRP: £55 | Delivery: Within 5 days | Refundable: Gifts purchased between 27th September and 24th December can be returned until 28th January 2023
Treat your dad this cozy season with a soft, comforting dressing gown that still manages to be toweling, and comes in a dazzling emerald green color. Made from 90% cotton and 10% polyester, the gown is long-lasting alongside being a perfect snug gift for colder weather this Christmas.
14. Northern Soul A3 Print: View at Emy Lou Holmes (opens in new tab)
RRP: £25 | Delivery: 1-2 working days | Refundable: Within 30 days of delivery
This jazzy print silk print arrives unframed, so add a wooden frame as part of your dad’s gift this year, or gift it as is: the A3 size of this print means that it’s not too obtrusive, able to bring some life to any space of the house, no matter how small. The print also arrives in recycled packaging, so the unique living room accessory won’t harm the environment.
- View Northern Soul A3 Print at Emy Lou Holmes (opens in new tab)
15. Sony WH-CH510 On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones: View at Currys (opens in new tab)
RRP: £35 | Delivery: Next-day available | Refundable: Within 30 days of purchase
Headphones are always a welcome gift for anyone who needs them for work, to focus, or those who have started walking or running for fitness (opens in new tab). Bluetooth headphones are especially suited for fitness purposes as they stay in place even during rigorous movement. This Sony pair has a simple design, comes in blue, black, and white colors, and features an impressive 35 hours of battery life, with a ten-minute ‘quick charge mode’ boosting the battery up to 90 minutes (perfect for forgetful dads who may have neglected charging their pair).
How to choose great gifts for dads at Christmas - according to the experts
1. Don’t shy away from fashion and accessories
Some dads are, by their own admission, not incredibly stylish. Maybe shopping for clothing and accessories is a daunting prospect to them, or their job/hobbies require a sartorial practicality which causes them to run from anything too high fashion. But this doesn’t mean that when buying a gift for your dad, you should similarly avoid these items. Khabi Mirza (opens in new tab), fashion writer and men’s trend expert, notes that you should “think about those must-have style-savers which the dad in your life may not have the confidence or foresight to shop for himself. Mirza claims that “Accessories are a perfect place to start”, suggesting a new pair of sunglasses from a “trusted brand like Hackett (opens in new tab) or Moscot (opens in new tab)”.
If your dad commutes to work and/or the gym, a new commuter backpack is also a great gift idea, as they’ll likely use it every day. Just make sure you opt for a high-quality brand - Mirza recommends Eastpak (opens in new tab), The Cambridge Satchel Company (opens in new tab) and the Japanese brand Porter Yoshida. “While it’s a cliche, the default option has to be socks”, Mirza admits, adding that Argyle socks, available from retailers such as Burlingtons (opens in new tab), are always a safe bet.
2. Personal gifts will always be appreciated
The menswear specialists we spoke to at retail giant Matalan (opens in new tab) claim that “the key things to bear in mind when choosing a gift for a father are practicality and sentimentality”. One way to combine the two is something like “a personalized mug”, which “can be used every day, but the personal touch makes the gift that little bit special”. Gifting them something you know they will really love also adds to the personalized aspect of a Christmas present - Matalan’s experts suggest “books from their favorite author or genre”, or “a selection of their favorite foods and drinks”.
3. Choose a practical gift and consider what they really need
Menswear specialists at Matalan also suggest thinking about what your dad will use, and need, every day: “if he wears a suit regularly for work, a new tie is a good practical option. Alternatively, a cozy dressing gown is a great choice for dads who refuse to turn the heating on”.
Echoing the practicality aspect of gifting for dads, Kunal Patel, business development director at tech brand Groov-e (opens in new tab), says that “Gadgets and tech always make great gifts for dads. The key to a good gadget gift is to find ways in which you can improve his entertainment set-up. Are the speakers on his TV not very good? Why not get him a new speaker or soundbar?” Patel also suggests a sunrise simulation alarm clock for dads who struggle with the dark mornings of the season, noting “there’s a gadget solution to most problems!”