We've found all the best gifts for coffee lovers, from inexpensive and quick-shipping presents from Amazon to quirky coffee gifts from independent retailers, so that you can give that person who loves coffee in your life the best present ever this year.
We all know someone absolutely obsessed with coffee. It's the first thing they think about in the morning, they keep up with the latest coffee trends and they’re constantly explaining the differences between different beans and roasting methods. The dream gift for any coffee aficionado would be one of the best coffee machines to have in their own home - but we don't all have that kind of money to spend on a present.
So we’ve compiled a list of the best gifts for coffee lovers below that can be purchased for a lot less from independent stores and large retailers both in the UK and US.
Where to find the best gifts for coffee lovers in the UK
- Amazon: Best for last-minute gifts and quick delivery (opens in new tab)
- Etsy: Find the best gifts from independent boutiques and small businesses (opens in new tab)
- John Lewis: Buy bags of coffee, cafetieres, keep cups and more (opens in new tab)
- Not on the High Street: The best range of quirky and personalised coffee gifts (opens in new tab)
- Selfridges: High-end coffee gifts for those looking for something quite luxurious (opens in new tab)
- Whittard of Chelsea: Unique coffee gifts and top quality gift sets (opens in new tab)
Our pick of the best gifts for coffee lovers in the UK
1. Moka Pot Bialetti: View at Coffee Friend (opens in new tab)
RRP: £33.52 | Delivery: 8-16 days | Refundable: 14 days
Bialetti, the eponymous Italian brand famed for selling one of the best French press coffee makers (opens in new tab) in their hob-friendly Moka Express cafetière, remains one of the most popular ways to brew coffee at home. For the espresso lover, this mini-Moka pot not only brews the coffee but pours it out into the two espresso cups, which stay warm due to the aluminium plate they sit on. So the recipient gets to see the satisfying process of coffee being poured, barista-style, and enjoy an espresso with someone afterwards; alternatively, they could pour the shot into a long coffee, or pop the cup in the fridge ready for an iced coffee later on. Note: traditional Bialettis shouldn’t be used on induction hobs, but the brand does offer induction-alternatives.
2. Denby Blue Haze Small Jug: View at John Lewis (opens in new tab)
RRP: £10 | Delivery: 5 days | Refundable: Yes
For the friend that prefers their coffee milky, this Denby jug is a sweet accompaniment to a morning cappuccino or latte. The rustic design has a spout to pour with, meaning they won’t get milk dribbles everywhere when they go to use it. At £10, this could be a great add-on to an already existing gift, maybe a bag of coffee beans and/or a nice mug (like these matching ones (opens in new tab)).
- View Denby Jug at John Lewis (opens in new tab)
3. Keep Cup: View at Urban Outfitters (opens in new tab)
RRP: £24 | Delivery: 3-5 days | Refundable: Within 30 days of dispatch
Most of us will have a coffee on the go these days, and the original brand of reusable keep cups is still the most reliable and features in our guide to the best coffee travel mugs for 2022 (opens in new tab). Lots of cafès will give a discount for using your own cup, so really this is a gift that will keep on giving (opens in new tab). An iced coffee would look great through the glass cup, but the cork band and tempered glass means they won’t burn their fingers on a hot brew, either.
4. Spiral Glass Coffee Stirrers: View at Dill (opens in new tab)
RRP: £9 | Delivery: 3-5 days | Refundable: No
Whether your recipient likes to make Starbucks iced coffee at home (opens in new tab) or mix together tasty caffeinated concoctions, these spiral stirrers are perfect for mixing the components together. Handmade from glass, they come in a pack of two, with three gorgeous colours currently available to choose from.
- View Glass Stirrers at Dill (opens in new tab)
5. Iced Coffee Glass: View at Etsy (opens in new tab)
RRP: £11.99 | Delivery: 10-20 days | Refundable: Yes
This sleek glass is perfect for iced coffees. A minimalistic design that curves up into a thinner rim, they’ll feel oh-so-fancy when sipping their morning brew from this (watching the coffee trickle down over the ice cubes is also totally aesthetically pleasing).
- View Iced Coffee Glass at Etsy (opens in new tab)
6. Stainless Steel Straws: View at Amazon (opens in new tab)
RRP: £4.99 | Delivery: 3-5 days | Refundable: Within 30 days of delivery
Drinking a cold brew just isn’t the same without a straw - this pack comes in different shapes, including a straight-up option or a straw that’s slightly bent nearer the top, to better fit their choice of mug or glass. They’re stainless steel, which is great if your recipient is conscious about sustainable living (opens in new tab), and they come with a special brush to efficiently clean them after use.
- View Stainless Steel Straws at Amazon (opens in new tab)
7. OXO Brew Cold Brew Coffee Maker: View at Amazon (opens in new tab)
RRP: £72.10 | Delivery: 8-10 days | Refundable: Within 30 days of delivery
Whereas a traditional iced coffee is often made with hot water before being added to ice, a cold brew is produced by filtering ground coffee (either pre-ground, or ground at home) with cold water for at least twelve hours, before pouring over ice with milk. Although a lengthier process than picking up an iced latte from Pret, the result is an almost chocolatey, sweet (but still strong) and non-acidic cold coffee. This jug has a sealed lid, so the coffee can stay in the fridge for tomorrow’s brew, too.
- View OXO Brew Cold Brew Maker at Amazon (opens in new tab)
8. Coffee of The World Gift Set: View at Whittard of Chelsea (opens in new tab)
RRP: £28 | Delivery: 2-4 days | Refundable: Within 30 days of dispatch
The coffee snob in your life probably thinks they know all there is to know about different roasts and grinds, but chances are they’ll still discover a new favourite flavour through this Whittard coffee gift set. The boxes here include ground coffee from countries such as Guatemala, Indonesia, Dominican Republic and Ethiopia, with roasts varying from dark to light. The site claims that this set will cover 36 cups of coffee, and the grounds can be used with pretty much any coffee machine or method.
- View Coffee of the World Gift Set at Whittard of Chelsea (opens in new tab)
9. Monsoon Malabar Coffee Bags: View at Whittard of Chelsea (opens in new tab)
RRP: £5 | Delivery: 2-4 days | Refundable: Within 30 days of dispatch
Some coffee lovers find the grinding, brewing and assembling of coffee beans to be an enjoyable part of the drinking experience - others simply don’t have time for all of that. For the friend that wants their caffeine hit sans-fuss, these coffee bags are perfect: just like a cup of tea, add your hot water and brew to desired strength (Whittard recommends three minutes). The coffee in the bags is Monsoon Malabar, which comes from the Karnataka region of south-western India.
- View Coffee Bags at Whittard of Chelsea (opens in new tab)
10. Grind Coffee Subscription: View at Grind (opens in new tab)
RRP: from £27 | Delivery: 2-3 days | Refundable: Unclear
Another no-fuss gift for the coffee-obsessed is a gift subscription, like this one from London’s Grind. Select either the compostable coffee pods for a Nespresso® machine, or ground coffee, which can be chosen from a selection of blends which grow around the world. Grind only source their beans from sustainable farms, trading with the farmers directly before roasting the coffee themselves in London. Gift a minimum of two months for £27, up to a year for £162 (the recipient can mix up the blends of their coffee, or switch from pods to ground and vice-versa, within their subscription period, as much as they like).
- View Coffee Subscription at Grind (opens in new tab)
11. Tin of Grind Coffee: View at Grind (opens in new tab)
RRP: £9 | Delivery: 2-3 days | Refundable: Unclear
If a subscription service is a little too risky, why not gift a tin of Grind coffee first?
- View Tin of Grind Coffee at Grind (opens in new tab)
- View Tin of Grind coffee at Selfridges (opens in new tab)
12. Coffee Plant: View at BloomPost (opens in new tab)
RRP: £19.95 | Delivery: Order before 6.30pm Sunday-Friday or before 4pm on Sunday for next-day delivery
A gift that combines the passions of both a coffee lover and someone who can't stop buying houseplants online (opens in new tab), this coffee plant is small and low-maintenance enough to not be a burdensome gift. Bear in mind, though, that the first coffee beans won't be harvested until about four years of owning the plant - but it’s a nice-looking living room accessory in the meantime.
- View Coffee Plant at BloomPost (opens in new tab)
13. Coffee Print: View at Urban Outfitters (opens in new tab)
RRP: From £25 | Delivery: 3-5 days | Refundable: Within 30 days of dispatch
This American-diner-style print (available framed) is a unique gift for the coffee-obsessed; it’d look great in the kitchen, possibly next to the Nespresso machine (opens in new tab).
- View Coffee Print at Urban Outfitters (opens in new tab)
14. Coffee Atlas Book: View at Amazon (opens in new tab)
RRP: £16.99 | Delivery: Next-day with Prime | Refundable: Within 30 days of purchase
This beautifully illustrated book does what it says on the tin. Tracing different beans and their production across the world, barista and coffee expert James Hoffman takes a deep-dive into the coffee industry, so that even the most seasoned coffee maestro will learn something new. Would also look great on a, *ahem*, coffee table.
- View Coffee Atlas Book at Amazon (opens in new tab)
- View Coffee Atlas Book at Blackwell's (opens in new tab)
15. Espresso Martini Kit: View at Amazon (opens in new tab)
RRP: £29 | Delivery: 3-5 days | Refundable: Within 30 days of purchase
Chances are that coffee lovers will also be partial to an Espresso Martini, but replicating the one from their favourite cocktail bar isn’t always easy. This kit contains the vodka, coffee liqueur, hazelnut liqueur and amaretto needed to make the perfect Espresso Martini - do note that they’ll also need a cocktail shaker, sugar, ice and coffee.
- View Espresso Martini Kit at Amazon (opens in new tab)
- View Espresso Martini Kit at Taste Cocktails (opens in new tab)
16. Stoneware Grand Mug: View at Le Creuset (opens in new tab)
RRP: £19.50 | Delivery: Next-day with Prime | Refundable: Within 30 days of purchase
Sometimes a regular mug just doesn’t hold enough coffee for Monday mornings. This Le Creuset stoneware mug holds 400ml of liquid, making it perfect for those that need an extra-large caffeine hit when they wake up. Le Creuset mugs come in a variety of satisfying colours, and, like all their products, they’re known for their durability, which is what makes the brand so popular for wedding gifts (opens in new tab) and housewarming presents (opens in new tab).
- View Stoneware Grand Mug at Le Creuset (opens in new tab)
- View Stoneware Grand Mug at Amazon (opens in new tab)
Where to find the best gifts for coffee lovers in the US
- Amazon: Wide range of tech, books and more (opens in new tab)
- Anthropologie: Urban Outfitters' sister brand, specialising more in homeware (opens in new tab)
- Bloomingdales: Luxe curation of coffee machines, milk frothers and gifts (opens in new tab)
- Etsy: Expansive selection of handmade and personalized coffee gifts (opens in new tab)
- Nordstrom: The ultimate hub of high-end and affordable coffee-related gifts (opens in new tab)
- Selfridges: Browse high-end and exclusive coffee gifts (opens in new tab)
- Urban Outfitters: Unique mugs and other accessories (opens in new tab)
- Williams Sonoma: Explore high-end coffee gadgets, Ember mugs and coffee beans (opens in new tab)
Our pick of the best gifts for coffee lovers in the US
1. BIZEWO Milk Frother: View at Amazon (opens in new tab)
RRP: $49.99 | Delivery: 8-9 days | Refundable: Within 30 days of purchase
Maybe your coffee-lover friend is a recent cappuccino convert, but hasn’t managed to perfect a barista-style milk frothiness. This milk frother (opens in new tab) can make cold milk frothy, or steam the milk while frothing, and the spout allows them to have a go at their own latte art (or at least try to). Reviewers attest to how quiet it is, so early-morning coffees while the rest of the house sleeps won’t be an issue.
- View BIZEWO Milk Frother at Amazon (opens in new tab)
2. XL Cold Brew Starter Pack: View at Chamberlain Coffee (opens in new tab)
RRP: $44.00 | Delivery: 7-30 days | Refundable: Within 14 days of receiving order
Influencer Emma Chamberlain now has a coffee company, which only trades with sustainable farmers and only offers organic beans. Chamberlain Coffee sells an impressive array of coffees from around the world, but this XL Cold Brew gift bundle also comes with a mason jar (not heat-resistant, the website explains) and a set of reusable straws, alongside three extra-large bags of ground coffee.
- View XL Cold Brew Starter Pack at Chamberlain Coffee (opens in new tab)
3. Dark Chocolate Coated Espresso Beans: View at Whittard of Chelsea (opens in new tab)
RRP: $10.50 | Delivery: 2-6 days | Refundable: Within 30 days of dispatch
For a more affordable gift, these chocolate-covered coffee beans could be nibbled alongside a morning brew or Espresso Martini, or just an afternoon snack at the office.
- View Chocolate-Covered Espresso Beans at Whittard of Chelsea (opens in new tab)
4. Classic AeroPress: View at Amazon (opens in new tab)
RRP: $39.95 | Delivery: 8-9 days | Refundable: Within 30 days of purchase
The AeroPress is a drip coffee maker (opens in new tab) with a difference. It is one of the quickest and easiest ways to make coffee, as it literally drips right down into the cup you’ll drink it from. This classic AeroPress comes with 350 paper filters, or purchase these reusable ones (opens in new tab) as an extra gift, which are undoubtedly kinder to the environment.
- View Classic AeroPress at Amazon (opens in new tab)
- View Classic AeroPress at Food52 (opens in new tab)
5. Clara French Press: View at Trade (opens in new tab)
RRP: $99 | Delivery: 2-5 days | Refundable: No
This minimalist French Press is definitely one to impress friends with around the coffee table; the sleek, matte black design makes it look much more expensive than it is.
- View Clara French Press at Trade (opens in new tab)
6. Adventure All-in-One Coffee System: View at Stanley (opens in new tab)
RRP: $50 | Delivery: 5-7 days | Refundable: Within 30 days of purchase
Coffee is pretty much an essential while on a camping trip, especially when many other home comforts aren’t available. This compact travel coffee-maker pieces together to ensure it doesn’t take up all the space in a backpack, but it still features two cups, a French press and even a hidden compartment to store dry coffee grounds.
- View Adventure All-in-One Coffee System at Stanley (opens in new tab)
7. Legacy Quadvac Thermal Bottle: View at Stanley (opens in new tab)
RRP: $30 | Delivery: 5-7 days | Refundable: Within 30 days of purchase
For a coffee addict who needs more than a KeepCup to keep them caffeinated, gift this travel flask which is plenty big enough at 6 litres to keep them going for days. It also makes for a handy accessory on a day trip or picnic.
- View Legacy Quadvac Thermal Bottle at Stanley (opens in new tab)
8. Anatomy of a Coffee Maker Print: View at Not on the High Street (opens in new tab)
RRP: $19.45 | Delivery: 5-10 days | Refundable: Within 28 days of purchase
We mentioned the Bialetti earlier on, and this understated print would be a great gift for someone who prefers the Moka method. It comes in two colours, and a selection of different framing options.
- View Anatomy of a Coffee Maker Print at Not on the High Street (opens in new tab)
9. JavaPresse Coffee Hand Grinder: View at Amazon (opens in new tab)
RRP: $39.98 | Delivery: 8-9 days | Refundable: Within 30 days of purchase
Some say that grinding coffee beans by hand produces a more satisfying, well-earned brew. This grinder is also small enough that it can be compactly taken travelling.
- View JavaPresse Coffee Hand Grinder at Amazon (opens in new tab)
10. Coffee Dictionary: An A to Z of Coffee: View at Amazon (opens in new tab)
RRP: $24.99 | Delivery: 1-3 weeks | Refundable: Within 30 days of purchase
A three-time UK Barista Champion and the founder of Colonna Coffee, Maxwell Colonna-Dashwood knows what he’s talking about when it comes to coffee. This dictionary will tell the reader everything they need to know, too, from harvesting techniques to roasting methods and tasting notes.
- View Coffee Dictionary at Amazon (opens in new tab)
11. Coffee Lip Balm: View at Pilgrims (opens in new tab)
RRP: $2.80 | Delivery: Allow a couple of weeks | Refundable: Unclear
This teeny lip balm is the perfect stocking filler or ‘just-because’ gift for a coffee lover. What better flavour to soothe chapped lips with? Handcrafted in Nepal, all the ingredients are 100% natural, including apricot oil, grape seed oil, and Vitamin E, as well as moisturising beeswax.
- View Coffee Lip Balm at Pilgrims (opens in new tab)
12. Testament Turkish 3-in-1 Coffee Mask: View at Anthropologie (opens in new tab)
RRP: $54.40 | Delivery: 4-8 days | Refundable: Within 60 days of purchase
For an alternative coffee gift at a slightly higher price point, this coffee mask is also an exfoliating scrub (opens in new tab) and a moisturiser. A mixture of coffee and chocolate in the ingredients allows for dead skin cells to be scrubbed away, with a blend of moisturising oils and antioxidants leaving the skin creamy and silky smooth.
- View Testament Turkish 3-in-1 Mask at Anthropologie (opens in new tab)
13. Sunflower Pour-Over Coffee Set: View at Urban Outfitters (opens in new tab)
RRP: $19.00 | Delivery: 5-8 days | Refundable: Within 30 days of delivery for full refund, store credit between 30-60 days
Just like a French press, but much more aesthetically pleasing, this cheerful sunflower pour-over set allows for a filter and coffee grounds to fit into the top section, with hot water poured over it and dripping into the stoneware mug.
- View Sunflower Pour-Over Coffee Set at Urban Outfitters (opens in new tab)
14. Metal Mug Tree: View at Etsy (opens in new tab)
RRP: $64.80 | Delivery: 1-4 days | Refundable: 30 days from delivery
A mug tree is the kind of gift that a recipient might not think to buy for themselves - even if their overflowing cupboards desperately call for one - which makes it all the more thoughtful. This rustic option is handmade but sturdy, and its unique detailing means it deserves a place on the kitchen counter for displaying the nicest of coffee mugs.
- View Metal Mug Tree at Etsy (opens in new tab)
What goes well with a bag of coffee as a gift?
Chances are, your coffee-loving friend already has a preferred method of brewing, roasting, and serving their coffee. Gifts that they wouldn’t think of themselves, like a hand grinder, print, or a book which celebrates the art of coffee will be a treasured present which they will appreciate, find interesting and use for years to come.
Coffee lovers likely also have a preferred blend, roast, or brand of coffee, so buying them a bag of coffee beans or ground coffee could be risky, unless you know their preference. However, a subscription to a new brand of coffee (maybe one sold near their home, for their morning takeaway brew), or a gift-sized selection of coffees from around the world, can allow them to expand their caffeine horizons without abandoning their trusted favourites.