Welcome to our edit of the best Amazon Prime Day deals, where we highlight the best bargains across beauty, fashion, home, kitchen, and tech. May the odds be ever in your favor.
Amazon Prime Day has finally arrived. This year, the epic shopping event is unveiling over 2 million deals across product categories, plus entertainment and exclusives through Prime Video, Amazon Music, Prime Gaming, and more. The caveat is, it's exclusive to Prime members only—but thankfully, it's easy to sign up for an active Prime subscription, and the retailer is currently offering a 30-day free trial.
Amid the vast selection of Prime Day discounts, you'll find the best offers on Amazon devices, home and kitchen appliances, beauty tools, and the latest tech. Think laptops, headphones, TVs, and more electronics. These categories historically perform well and see the most sales year after year.
Though some deals have emerged before Prime Day, larger brands generally release the best deals during the main event. And needless to say, the retail giant still extends a variety of non-Prime deals through its Deal of the Day hub.
Amazon Prime Day deals: Quick Links
- Amazon devices: Save up to 50% on Kindles, Echo Show, Fire TVs, and more
- Beauty Deals: Save up to 20% on top-rated beauty and wellness brands
- Fashion Deals: Score 20% off on women's clothes and trend pieces
- Fitness Deals: Score 40% off on fitness products from Amazon Basics and exercise equipment
- Furniture Deals: Score 40% off on furniture from Amazon brands like Rivet
- Home & Kitchen Deals: Get 30% off top-rated appliances, tools, cookware, cleaning devices, and more
- Lawn and Garden Deals: Save 20% on select fire tables, fire bowls, smokers, and accessories
- Pets Deals: Save up to 40% on pet food, treats, and essentials from Amazon brands
- Smart Home Deals: Save up to 30% on smart home devices from GE and more
- Tech Deals: Save up to 70% on headphones, top-rated TVs, and more
- Toy Deals: Save on toys and sets from LEGO, Barbie, Fisher-Price, and more
The best Amazon Prime Day deals to shop right now
To help you shop smarter, we selected stand-out deals that are not regularly discounted, and opportunities to save elsewhere are few and far between.
Top 16 Amazon Prime Day sales
What is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day is an annual shopping event that gets widespread attention from shoppers. Amazon Prime Day is exclusively for Prime Members, so you'll need a membership to snap up the deals. During the event, and in the days leading up to it, the retail giant rolls out unbeatable discounts on the latest beauty and fashion finds, home décor, kitchen appliances, tech, and more. Over 2 million deals, to be precise. Last year alone, Prime members around the globe saved over $1.4 billion.
The inaugural Prime Day took place on 15 July 2015, in honor of the retailer's 20th anniversary. Since then, Prime Day has evolved into a two-pronged business strategy. Firstly, Prime Day is a catalyst for the company to yield sales before the holiday shopping season, which traditionally begins after Halloween, and secondly, Prime Day is "a vehicle for Amazon to sign up more consumers for its Prime membership," according to Digital Commerce 360, a leading media and research organization.
Six years later, it's no secret that Prime Day is now a profitable enterprise that's altered the shopping landscape for the better. Research reveals that last year's Prime Day generated an estimated $10.40 billion in sales globally.
Prime members in the following regions are eligible to participate: the US, the UK, United Arab Emirates, Turkey, Spain, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, Portugal, Netherlands, Mexico, Luxembourg, Japan, Italy, Germany, France, China, Brazil, Belgium, Austria, and Australia.
When is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon's seventh-annual Prime Day is slated for 21 and 22 June. Prime Day 2021 will kick off at midnight PDT (3 am EDT) and extend through 11:59 pm PDT (2:59 EDT).
What to expect this Amazon Prime Day
Similar to last year's Prime Day, Amazon has narrowed its focus on small and medium-sized marketplace sellers—introducing "curated small-business collections” to help boost their sales. Through Amazon.com/SupportSmall, Prime members can scour for products by category, business location, and collection, such as Black-owned, woman-owned, and military family-owned businesses. The retailer will give more than $100 million to small businesses selling on its platform during and after Prime Day 2021.
In addition, more than 300,000 Prime members are invited to participate in Amazon's "Spend $10, Get $10" promotion, which spans from 7 June 7 through 20 June. Prime members will receive a $10 credit for every $10 spent on the retailer’s small business storefront.
How to prepare for Amazon Prime Day
Preparing for Prime Day is imperative, especially if you don't want to miss out on a deal. To avoid FOMO, we recommend the following top Prime Day tips:
- Sign up for Amazon Prime: As we mentioned previously, Prime Day deals are reserved for Prime members; and they're plenty of Amazon Prime benefits that make the membership worthwhile. If you haven't already, now's the perfect time to sign up (on another note, it's super easy to cancel Amazon Prime, too.)
- Download the Amazon app: If you're glued to your device, install the Amazon app, which serves as a convenient and centralized hub of deals galore.
- Shop with Alexa: To stay in the loop on Prime Day happenings, simply say, “Alexa, keep me posted on Prime Day.”
How to save more during Amazon Prime Day
Bid adieu to buyer's remorse. Amazon offers many avenues to save, which include:
- Get a $50 Amazon Gift Card: This option is available to all Prime members during the month of June, upon approval. Visit amazon.com/primevisa for more details.
- Select Prime branded Amazon Gift Cards: You can earn with the purchase of $40 or more.
- Sign up for Prime using Amazon Echo: For a limited time, you'll receive a $5 Amazon credit. Be sure to say, "Alexa, sign me up for Prime.”
- Subscribe to Prime Wardrobe: Shoppers save $15 when they keep $100 worth of merchandise with their first Prime Wardrobe order. Simply put, Prime Wardrobe is similar to clothing subscription services like Stichfix and Nordstrom Trunk Club. All you have to do is choose up to eight items, test them out during the seven-day try-on period, and only buy what you want to keep.
- Go In-Store: There are deals aplenty at Amazon’s physical retail locations, including Whole Foods Market, Amazon 4-star, Amazon Books, Amazon Pop Up, Amazon Go, and Amazon Fresh.
- Use Amazon Coupons: Enjoy savings on electronics, clothing, and more. Just clip the coupon and the discount will be applied at checkout. Amazon has a dedicated coupon page where you'll find the most popular options.
- Visit AmazonSmile: Shop and support charities at the same time. When you buy from smile.amazon.com, AmazonSmile will donate a portion of the purchase price to a charity of your choice
- Visit CamelCamelCamel: CamelCamelCamel is a savvy platform that displays how a product fluctuates in price over time with history charts. To stay in the loop, you can explore the site's page on top price drops, and keep a watchful eye on price drop alerts.
- Prime Wardrobe: Through June 22, enjoy $15 off your first order with code PRIMEW15OFF at checkout (must spend a minimum of $100).
Other stores participating in Amazon Prime Day 2021
The enduring success of Prime Day has engendered spin-offs from competitors, like Walmart, Macy’s, and Target, that want a piece of the pie. Therefore, don't be siloed to one retailer. Expect counter deals, shopping events, and markdowns from:
- Walmart: Deals for Days event will take place from June 20 to 23.
- Target: Target Deal Day" event will span from June 20 through June 22.
- Best Buy: Historically, the retailer has discounted laptops, appliances, and popular electronics during the week of Prime Day.
A photo posted by on
The Queen's sweet tribute to Meghan and Harry at Buckingham Palace has been revealed
The Queen's sweet tribute to Meghan and Harry was revealed during her recent meeting with Prime Minster Boris Johnson
By Emma Dooney •
11 of the best lesbian dating apps for queer women and non-binary people
With so many lesbian dating apps out there, there's something for everyone, whether you’re looking for love, or a fun fling
By Woman and Home •
The 15 most popular Prime Day deals under $25 are quite boring—but you won't regret buying them
It's not too late to scoop up killer Prime Day deals under $25—and we've rounded up 15 of the most practical buys out there
By Dominique McIntee •
Epilation was 'hell on earth' until our Beauty Editor tried this device—praise be, it's 63% off on Prime Day!
Time to get on board with epilators!
By Fiona McKim •
This Prime Day stand mixer deal means I can finally tick off a life goal—owning the Kenwood mixer of my dreams
My Prime Day stand mixer deal will help me bake, mix, roll pasta, and so much more
By Amy Hunt •
The best Prime Day pan deals are incredible —and I write about cookware for a living!
These Prime Day pan deals will have even the most reluctant of chefs racing to the kitchen
By Amy Hunt •
The iconic Kate Middleton trainers are finally on sale for Amazon Prime Day
Often called the 'Kate Middleton trainers', Superga's classic shoes are on sale at an amazing deal for Amazon Prime Day
By Aleesha Badkar •
Kate Middleton's fave nail polish brand is on sale for less than $7 for Amazon Prime Day
Kate Middleton's nail polish look by Essie is currently a fraction of its original price
By Jessica Ransom •
This Le Creuset casserole dish is a household essential—and there's 24% off for Amazon Prime Day
A Le Creuset casserole dish is a must-have for any home
By Amy Hunt •
Prime Day alcohol deals—from gin to whiskey, the best bargains to snap up for your at-home bar
Restock your booze cabinet with these fantastic Prime Day alcohol deals—because it's always 5 o'clock somewhere
By Kate McCusker •