Welcome to our edit of the best Amazon Prime Day deals, where we highlight the best bargains across beauty, fashion, home, kitchen, and tech. May the odds be ever in your favor.
Amazon Prime Day has finally arrived. This year, the epic shopping event is unveiling over 2 million deals across product categories, plus entertainment and exclusives through Prime Video, Amazon Music, Prime Gaming, and more. The caveat is, it's exclusive to Prime members only—but thankfully, it's easy to sign up for an active Prime subscription, and the retailer is currently offering a 30-day free trial.
Amid the vast selection of Prime Day discounts, you'll find the best offers on Amazon devices, home and kitchen appliances, beauty tools, and the latest tech. Think laptops, headphones, TVs, and more electronics. These categories historically perform well and see the most sales year after year.
Though some deals have emerged before Prime Day, larger brands generally release the best deals during the main event. And needless to say, the retail giant still extends a variety of non-Prime deals through its Deal of the Day hub.
Amazon Prime Day deals: Quick Links
- Amazon devices: Save up to 50% on Kindles, Echo Show, Fire TVs, and more
- Beauty Deals: Save up to 20% on top-rated beauty and wellness brands
- Fashion Deals: Score 20% off on women's clothes and trend pieces
- Fitness Deals: Score 40% off on fitness products from Amazon Basics and exercise equipment
- Furniture Deals: Score 40% off on furniture from Amazon brands like Rivet
- Home & Kitchen Deals: Get 30% off top-rated appliances, tools, cookware, cleaning devices, and more
- Lawn and Garden Deals: Save 20% on select fire tables, fire bowls, smokers, and accessories
- Pets Deals: Save up to 40% on pet food, treats, and essentials from Amazon brands
- Smart Home Deals: Save up to 30% on smart home devices from GE and more
- Tech Deals: Save up to 70% on headphones, top-rated TVs, and more
- Toy Deals: Save on toys and sets from LEGO, Barbie, Fisher-Price, and more
The best Amazon Prime Day deals to shop right now
To help you shop smarter, we selected stand-out deals that are not regularly discounted, and opportunities to save elsewhere are few and far between.
Top 16 Amazon Prime Day sales
What is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day is an annual shopping event that gets widespread attention from shoppers. Amazon Prime Day is exclusively for Prime Members, so you'll need a membership to snap up the deals. During the event, and in the days leading up to it, the retail giant rolls out unbeatable discounts on the latest beauty and fashion finds, home décor, kitchen appliances, tech, and more. Over 2 million deals, to be precise. Last year alone, Prime members around the globe saved over $1.4 billion.
The inaugural Prime Day took place on 15 July 2015, in honor of the retailer's 20th anniversary. Since then, Prime Day has evolved into a two-pronged business strategy. Firstly, Prime Day is a catalyst for the company to yield sales before the holiday shopping season, which traditionally begins after Halloween, and secondly, Prime Day is "a vehicle for Amazon to sign up more consumers for its Prime membership," according to Digital Commerce 360, a leading media and research organization.
Six years later, it's no secret that Prime Day is now a profitable enterprise that's altered the shopping landscape for the better. Research reveals that last year's Prime Day generated an estimated $10.40 billion in sales globally.
Prime members in the following regions are eligible to participate: the US, the UK, United Arab Emirates, Turkey, Spain, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, Portugal, Netherlands, Mexico, Luxembourg, Japan, Italy, Germany, France, China, Brazil, Belgium, Austria, and Australia.
When is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon's seventh-annual Prime Day is slated for 21 and 22 June. Prime Day 2021 will kick off at midnight PDT (3 am EDT) and extend through 11:59 pm PDT (2:59 EDT).
What to expect this Amazon Prime Day
Similar to last year's Prime Day, Amazon has narrowed its focus on small and medium-sized marketplace sellers—introducing "curated small-business collections” to help boost their sales. Through Amazon.com/SupportSmall, Prime members can scour for products by category, business location, and collection, such as Black-owned, woman-owned, and military family-owned businesses. The retailer will give more than $100 million to small businesses selling on its platform during and after Prime Day 2021.
In addition, more than 300,000 Prime members are invited to participate in Amazon's "Spend $10, Get $10" promotion, which spans from 7 June 7 through 20 June. Prime members will receive a $10 credit for every $10 spent on the retailer’s small business storefront.
How to prepare for Amazon Prime Day
Preparing for Prime Day is imperative, especially if you don't want to miss out on a deal. To avoid FOMO, we recommend the following top Prime Day tips:
- Sign up for Amazon Prime: As we mentioned previously, Prime Day deals are reserved for Prime members; and they're plenty of Amazon Prime benefits that make the membership worthwhile. If you haven't already, now's the perfect time to sign up (on another note, it's super easy to cancel Amazon Prime, too.)
- Download the Amazon app: If you're glued to your device, install the Amazon app, which serves as a convenient and centralized hub of deals galore.
- Shop with Alexa: To stay in the loop on Prime Day happenings, simply say, “Alexa, keep me posted on Prime Day.”
How to save more during Amazon Prime Day
Bid adieu to buyer's remorse. Amazon offers many avenues to save, which include:
- Get a $50 Amazon Gift Card: This option is available to all Prime members during the month of June, upon approval. Visit amazon.com/primevisa for more details.
- Select Prime branded Amazon Gift Cards: You can earn with the purchase of $40 or more.
- Sign up for Prime using Amazon Echo: For a limited time, you'll receive a $5 Amazon credit. Be sure to say, "Alexa, sign me up for Prime.”
- Subscribe to Prime Wardrobe: Shoppers save $15 when they keep $100 worth of merchandise with their first Prime Wardrobe order. Simply put, Prime Wardrobe is similar to clothing subscription services like Stichfix and Nordstrom Trunk Club. All you have to do is choose up to eight items, test them out during the seven-day try-on period, and only buy what you want to keep.
- Go In-Store: There are deals aplenty at Amazon’s physical retail locations, including Whole Foods Market, Amazon 4-star, Amazon Books, Amazon Pop Up, Amazon Go, and Amazon Fresh.
- Use Amazon Coupons: Enjoy savings on electronics, clothing, and more. Just clip the coupon and the discount will be applied at checkout. Amazon has a dedicated coupon page where you'll find the most popular options.
- Visit AmazonSmile: Shop and support charities at the same time. When you buy from smile.amazon.com, AmazonSmile will donate a portion of the purchase price to a charity of your choice
- Visit CamelCamelCamel: CamelCamelCamel is a savvy platform that displays how a product fluctuates in price over time with history charts. To stay in the loop, you can explore the site's page on top price drops, and keep a watchful eye on price drop alerts.
- Prime Wardrobe: Through June 22, enjoy $15 off your first order with code PRIMEW15OFF at checkout (must spend a minimum of $100).
Other stores participating in Amazon Prime Day 2021
The enduring success of Prime Day has engendered spin-offs from competitors, like Walmart, Macy’s, and Target, that want a piece of the pie. Therefore, don't be siloed to one retailer. Expect counter deals, shopping events, and markdowns from:
- Walmart: Deals for Days event will take place from June 20 to 23.
- Target: Target Deal Day" event will span from June 20 through June 22.
- Best Buy: Historically, the retailer has discounted laptops, appliances, and popular electronics during the week of Prime Day.
A photo posted by on
Dominique (Dom) is a very online shopping writer at Woman & Home, where she covers products, sales/deals, and market news across categories. Before joining the team, she penned stories as an editorial fellow at Insider Reviews, the affiliate commerce team at Insider Inc./Business Insider. The bespectacled NJ transplant specializes in commerce journalism, women’s lifestyle content, and hoarding makeup—much to her mother’s dismay.
Her foray into storytelling began in the early aughts, the era in which she developed a passion for fiction writing and an aversion to math. This passion, along with many failed math exams, led her to Marist College, where she studied public relations, creative advertising, and English.
Aside from writing, she doodles in notebooks, crafts memes, and sleuths for homes out of her tax bracket on Zillow. Follow her adventures via the web:
Instagram: @dominiquemcintee / @drugstoredomi
To connect: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sex and the City's Willie Garson has died aged 57—Kim Cattrall and Cynthia Nixon pay tribute
Willie Garson's death has been met with tributes from the Sex and the City cast and other A-listers
By Laura Harman •
Queen’s Platinum Jubilee set to include magnificent tribute to her favorite passion
The Queen will celebrate her 70th year on the throne in 2022
By Emma Shacklock •
Princess Beatrice and husband Edoardo welcome baby girl in hospital favored by Amal Clooney
Princess Beatrice and husband Edo have welcomed a baby girl as it's reported her father Prince Andrew has left Balmoral
By Aoife Hanna •
Carrie Bradshaw's 'gross' accessory in Sex and the City reboot disappoints fans
Carrie Bradshaw's latest look in Sex and the City has left Sex and the City fans unimpressed
By Emma Dooney •
Vigil—the BBC series has us hooked but what is it about, was it filmed on a real submarine and who's in the cast?
The new Vigil BBC series takes place on a nuclear submarine off the Scottish coast
By Laura Harman •
Dame Sarah Storey becomes Britain's most successful Paralympian after 17th gold win
Dame Sarah Storey claimed the incredible title at the 2020 Tokyo Paralympics
By Emma Dooney •
Princess Diana statue to be opened to the public for this heartbreaking reason
Princess Diana statue will be opened to the public to commemorate the 24th anniversary of her death
By Laura Harman •
Renée Zellweger goes Instagram official with her new boyfriend—but who is Ant Anstead?
Look away Mr Darcy—the Bridget Jones actor has got a new man
By Jack Slater •
Britney Spears’ father to step down as conservator after 13 years
Britney Spears’ father, Jamie Spears, has agreed to step down as the iconic singer’s conservator
By Laura Harman •
Sex and the City reboot—everything we know so far as Sarah Jessica Parker shares backstage update
Excitement for the Sex and the City reboot is at an all-time high following Sarah Jessica Parker's latest sneak peek into the show's production
By Emma Dooney •