Looking for the prefect jumpsuit? We've got you covered with the best jumpsuits for every body shape!
Jumpsuits have been having a ‘moment’ for years now.
We’ve lost track of the amount of seasons we’ve seen them stomping down the catwalks. They’re now a key player in dressy events such as Ascot and royal weddings, and the high street is packed full to the brim with them – Next currently stock a whopping 402 styles!
And there’s a reason for this. Aside from being cool to boot, they are practical, comfortable, flattering, stylish… the list goes on! Plus statistically they’re more likely to have pockets. Hurrah!
So if you want to achieve maximum impact with minimum effort, it’s time to shake off any negative thoughts you have about the trusty ‘all in one’, and open your mind to the hundreds of high street styles that really do suit every body shape.
Yes we said EVERY body shape! Comfortable enough for lounging, stylish enough for those precious trips out there’s never been a better time to try on jumpsuits in the comfort of your own home. Here’s why you need to get on board.
Do jumpsuits look good on everyone?
In short – yes! As we promised, no matter your shape, there’s a style to suit you – you just have to know what to look for.
Curvy women are born to wear a jumpsuit. The fact you have a waist means you can easily define it- the one golden rule for all jumpsuit wearing.
- Avoid high necks; wrap styles and V-necks draw the eye in and down. Try an off the shoulder Bardot style, this retro neckline really suits curves and balances out your hips.
- If you’re worried about lumps and bumps being on show, opt for a print every time. Prints on darker backgrounds are naturally more slimming.
- Yes you can wear a boiler suit. There are plenty of incredible styles that suit your shape.
Just take a look at plus size stores Evans, Simply B and Curvissa and you’ll see the sheer amount of styles that are cut to fit and flatter larger sizes.
- Choose soft high quality fabrics, cotton mixes & chiffons rather than linen or denim, these will drape and glide over your shape.
- Help smooth out those lumps and bumps with control underwear.
- Steer towards wrap styles and wide legs, which are generally more flattering as they create fluid lines.
Pear shapes generally have a smaller bust and waist on the top and are wider in the hip and bottom area. You want to look for jumpsuits that create a balance between your top and bottom.
- Straight or wider leg trousers are your best friend. They’ll glide and flow over your bottom half creating a streamlined shape.
- Wide necks or off the shoulder styles work beautifully as they’ll balance you out. Seek out jumpsuits with noticeable details around the neck or shoulder, such as a bold collar or flounce.
- Prints work especially well for pears as they draw the eye around the body, or look for styles that have a print on the top half and a plain bottom half.
Jumpsuits can be one of the most flattering and easy-to-wear silhouettes for women with large chests. Chose from prints or block colour as both work well for you.
- If you need arm coverage go for a floaty kimono type sleeve.
- Straight or wider leg styles will balance out your chest.
- V necks and wrap styles are most flattering. As with all jumpsuits need to make sure your waist is well defined so avoid wrap styles that have too much excess fabric and bag down. Bravissimo have a fantastic selection with adjustable wrap fronts all available in curvy, really curvy and super curvy depending on your bust size.
Yes, apple shapes can look fantastic in jumpsuits. Its all about finding the right style to define your waist and show off those amazing legs.
- Wrap & V-neck lines draw the eye up to the bust and away from your middle.
- Your focus should be on defining the waist & legs. Look for jumpsuits that tie at the waist or have structured waistband panels as these help pull you in.
- You can go for straight leg or tailored pants because they will compliment your small legs.
Lucky you! Athletic figures are born to wear jumpsuits, especially the boiler suit. If you’re not already wearing one, then why not?!
- Show off shoulders, collarbones and shoulders in halter neck or sleeveless styles.
- Boiler suits look great worn slouchy, especially if you have height. Try styling a crisp white shirt, Bretton top or neckerchief underneath a boiler suit to help create shapely layers and interest.
- Tailored trousers work well for you, however wide flowing trousers can create a beautiful feminine silhouette- so try on both and see what style suits you best.
If worn correctly, jumpsuit can really elongate your frame and be one of the most flattering pieces in your wardrobe. The ‘all in one’ forms an unbroken vertical line that lengthens petite bodies.
- Don’t swamp your body, stick to tailored and fitted styles. You can get away with slightly oversized but the proportions must still be correct. Be mindful of the crotch area as this can not be altered by a tailor easily.
- Tailored and straight leg trousers will make your legs look long and lean.
- Stick to all one colour or print to help elongate your body.
If you’re convinced but need a little more direction, then worry not. We’ve done the hard work for you, searching the high street to find jumpsuits that suit all shapes, sizes and budgets. Here’s our edit…
Best jumpsuits to buy now
Every woman should have a denim style jumpsuit in her wardrobe and this cool LF markey x Label mix collaboration is a best selling style. Updated for the season with a drawcord waist and elasticated back to help give you some shape. Made from a durable Tencel™ Lyocell this achieves a denim look but with ultimate comfort.
The sheer amount of jumpsuits that Simply B have online illustrates just how flattering ‘all in ones’ are for curvy figures. This hero wrap style comes in a vibrant floral print, guaranteed to turn heads.
The ultimate in pyjama dressing, these spaghetti strap ‘throw on and go’ jumpsuits are ideal for lounging round the house and garden. Need a cover up? This style looks great worn with a belted safari jacket or utility style jacket.
This easy breezy style gives maximum impact with minimum effort. The wrap style is great for large busts, while the elasticated waist nips you in and soft flowing trousers mean ultimate comfort without comprising style. Available in six colours and regular/tall/petite this style really is flattering for every body shape. Go on, give it a try!
Cool, casual and carefree, this linen/cotton blend jumpsuit oozes laid back elegance. The invisible zip at the back pulls you in, while the wrap front cleverly accentuates your waist. Available in four colour ways (including cool blue stripes), regular and petite sizes.
Cream boiler suits are huge right now and this bargain style is great for athletic and petite figures. Its wide wrap lapels and nipped in waist create shape and the high waist and tapered legs will make those legs go on for miles and miles.
If you love a dress but still feel nervous trying a jumpsuit, then try a flowing style like this. Designed to look like a dress in a cleverly tailored wrap style, it's cinched at the waist with button detail, with pleats in the body for a tailored fit. Available in four prints (including animal) and plain black, this is a bestseller for a reason!
Give it some zing with this zesty orange cropped jumpsuit. With its linen mix, cropped wide legs, pockets and tailored belt this jumpsuit is casual enough to dress down with trainers, yet smart enough to wear to a future event. We’d style it with a cream blazer, heels and a wide hat.
A retro Bardot neckline is perfect for large busts and curves, as it balances out a wider bottom half. Large prints on dark backgrounds are also super flattering. Make sure you invest in a good supportive strapless bra when wearing a style like this.
This 100% cotton boiler suit is a snip reduced in the sale. Get it before it goes! Showing just how versatile a boiler suit is, this ones been styled with a crisp white shirt underneath. You can dress it down too with a layered Bretton top and trainers.
This stunning green jacquard jumpsuit is the perfect alternative to an evening dress. Specifically designed and cut for plus size figures the silky fabric drapes beautifully over your curves and the belt cinches in your silhouette. Bag it now while it’s in the sale - you won't regret having this hero piece in your wardrobe for future events.
Another easy breezy weekend style that looks great with trainers and summer sandals. Try layering under a Bretton top to mix up the styling, or add a printed scarf for some colour.
Cheat being a super stylist with clever mix & match print. This style is perfect for pear shapes as the bold printed top draws the eye upwards and the dark flowing trousers disguise wide hips. Wide flowing sleeves give coverage whilst balancing your out.
Is it a dress? Is it a jumpsuit? This stunning hybrid gives you the elegance of a sheer dress with the safety of a jumpsuit. We’re bagging this sale item now for next years balmy holiday dinner dates.