No longer just a fashion fad, the best jumpsuits have well and truly cemented themselves in our wardrobes. As reliable as the best jeans, jumpsuits are flattering, easy to dress up and down and will work for any occasion.
We’ve lost track of the amount of seasons we’ve seen them stomping down the catwalks. They’re now a key player in dressy events such as Ascot and royal weddings, and the high street is packed full to the brim with them.
And there’s a reason for this. Aside from being cool to boot, they are practical, comfortable, flattering, stylish… the list goes on! Plus statistically they're more likely to have pockets. Hurrah!
So if you want to achieve maximum impact with minimum effort, it’s time to shake off any negative thoughts you have about the trusty ‘all in one’, and open your mind to the hundreds of high street styles that really do suit every body shape.
Yes we said EVERY body shape! Comfortable enough for lounging, stylish enough for those precious trips out there's never been a better time to try on jumpsuits in the comfort of your own home.
If you're convinced but need a little more direction, then worry not. We've done the hard work for you, searching the high street to find jumpsuits that suit all shapes, sizes and budgets. Here's our edit...
The best jumpsuits to shop now
1. Boden Jemima Linen Jumpsuit in Marina Blue
Add a pop of colour to your jumpsuit collection with this blue beauty. Made from 100% linen, it’s the perfect buy for the warmer months ahead. The super-wide leg and fitted waist offers a flattering and comfy fit that can easily be dressed up or down. If you want extra coverage, go up a size and layer over a white tee.
2. M&S Belted Jumpsuit
Sleek and smart, this unfussy jumpsuit is a wardrobe winner. It has a built-in belt for added waist definition and centre pleating for a flattering finish on the leg. Ending just at the ankle, we love styling it with trainers for a sporty weekend look. Also available in black but we think the green hue will have you spring-ready.
3. & Other Stories Belted Cropped Corduroy Jumpsuit
The corduroy fabric gives this one a retro spin whilst the lilac hue just screams spring. The belt sits high on the waist, helping to lengthen the legs. The zip fastening makes those toilet trips a breeze too. Made from organic cotton is super soft on the skin for comfy all-day wear. Keep accessories simple and let the jumpsuit take centre stage.
4. White Stuff Ashley Jumpsuit
We love the leafy print on this soft cotton-blend jumpsuit. The earthy tones make it easy to transition from season to season too. Another one that looks great with trainers but equally stylish with chunky boots too. It has a coordinating belt and a tapered leg for a relaxed finish. An instant outfit maker.
5. Baukjen Emory Lyocell Jumpsuit
Tap into the utility trend with this chic khaki jumpsuit. Crafted from super soft Lyocell, it’s sustainably sourced and ethically made too so win-win. Wear on its own or layer over a roll neck for extra coverage and warmth. Forever in style, you’ll reach for this one time and time again.
6. Phase Eight Alessandra Sequin Embellished Jumpsuit
If you’re on the hunt for an alternative wedding dress, then we recommend you snap up this sparkly number. Not only is it completely dazzling but it has all the shape-enhancing elements too - from the v-neckline to the floaty sleeves to the belt. Plus the wide-leg makes it easy to nail those moves on the dance floor.
7. Somerset by Alice Temperley Spring Spot Jumpsuit
The ultra-wide leg on this jumpsuit is a good compromise if you’re wary of stepping out of the dress territory as on first glance, it looks just like a midi dress. The playful spot print keeps it timeless and the wrap neckline flatters the bust and waist. We really can’t fault this stunning jumpsuit.
8. Next White Floral Off the Shoulder Jumpsuit
An off-the shoulder style is good for balancing out your figure and this will make a wonderful addition to your holiday wardrobe. It has a fitted waist and culotte style legs for a relaxed look that can be thrown over a bikini or dressed up with a pair of mules for that beach-to-bar look.
9. Anne Weyburn Draping Crepe Jumpsuit
Much like a classic LBD, every wardrobe needs a black jumpsuit too. This sleek style gets our vote with its elegant draping, boat neckline and subtle tie-waist. Keep it pared-back and wear with gold hoop earrings and barely-there sandals for an effortless evening getup that still has impact.
10. Mango Cotton Square Neckline Jumpsuit
The square neckline gives this jumpsuit a modern update. Made from organic cotton, it has an elasticated waist and a cropped wide-leg for a laid-back figure-flattering fit. Not just reserved for summer, layer over fine knits and tees for added coverage and versatility. Available in grey and white, we predict you’ll get plenty of wear out of this one.
Do jumpsuits look good on everyone?
In short - yes! As we promised, no matter your shape, there's a style to suit you - you just have to know what to look for.
Curvy women are born to wear a jumpsuit. The fact you have a waist means you can easily define it- the one golden rule for all jumpsuit wearing.
- Avoid high necks; wrap styles and V-necks draw the eye in and down. Try an off the shoulder Bardot style, this retro neckline really suits curves and balances out your hips.
- If you’re worried about lumps and bumps being on show, opt for a print every time. Prints on darker backgrounds are naturally more slimming.
- Yes you can wear a boiler suit. There are plenty of incredible styles that suit your shape.
Just take a look at plus size stores such as Simply Be, Yours and Curvissa and you’ll see the sheer amount of styles that are cut to fit and flatter larger sizes.
- Choose soft high quality fabrics, cotton mixes & chiffons rather than linen or denim, these will drape and glide over your shape.
- Help smooth any lumps and bumps with control underwear.
- Steer towards wrap styles and wide legs, which are generally more flattering as they create fluid lines.
Pear shapes generally have a smaller bust and waist, with wider hips and bottom. You want to look for jumpsuits that create a balance between both halves.
- Straight or wide leg trousers are your best friend. They’ll glide and flow over your bottom half creating a streamlined shape.
- Wide necks or off the shoulder styles work beautifully as they’ll balance you out. Seek out jumpsuits with noticeable details around the neck or shoulder, such as a bold collar or flounce.
- Prints work especially well for pears as they draw the eye around the body, or look for styles that have a print on the top half and a plain bottom half.
Jumpsuits can be one of the most flattering and easy-to-wear silhouettes for women with large chests. Chose from prints or block colour as both work well for you.
- Straight or wider leg jumpsuits will balance out your chest.
- V necks and wrap styles are most flattering. As with all jumpsuits you need to make sure your waist is well defined so avoid ones with excess fabric that bags down. Bravissimo have a fantastic selection with adjustable wrap fronts all available in curvy, really curvy and super curvy depending on your bust size.
- If you need arm coverage, choose a jumpsuit with a floaty kimono style sleeve.
Yes, apple shapes can look fantastic in jumpsuits. It's all about finding the right style to define your waist and show off those amazing legs.
- Wrap & V-neck lines draw the eye up to the bust and away from your middle.
- Your focus should be on defining the waist & legs. Look for jumpsuits that tie at the middle or have structured waistband panels as these help pull you in.
- Straight leg or tailored pants because they will compliment your slim legs.
Lucky you! Athletic figures are born to wear jumpsuits, especially the boiler suit. If you’re not already wearing one, then why not?!
- Show off shoulders, collarbones and shoulders in halter neck or sleeveless styles.
- Boiler suits look great worn slouchy, especially if you have height. Try styling a crisp white shirt, Bretton top or neckerchief underneath a boiler suit to help create shapely layers and interest.
- Tailored trousers work well for you, however wide flowing trousers can create a beautiful feminine silhouette- so try on both and see which suits you best.
If worn correctly, jumpsuit can really elongate your frame and be one of the most flattering pieces in your wardrobe. The 'all in one' forms an unbroken vertical line that lengthens petite bodies.
- Don’t swamp your body, stick to tailored and fitted styles. You can get away with slightly oversized but the proportions must still be correct. Be mindful of the crotch area as this can not be altered by a tailor easily.
- Slim and straight leg trousers will make your legs look long and lean.
- Stick to all one colour or print to help elongate your body.
Here’s how to flatter an hourglass body shape
Everything you need to know to make the most of your hourglass figure...
By Jess Beech •
Figleaves' bestselling Juliette bra is now on sale for only £13
The Figleaves Juliette bra is one of those that is known for being a stellar underwear choice - and it's now available at a steal
By Aleesha Badkar •
These Barbour jackets have had a fresh spring update to help elevate your daily walks to Kate Middleton level
The perfect seasonal update
By Lydia Swinscoe •
Shoppers say these high-waisted leggings are the softest they've ever owned — and they're now 45% off in Amazon's deal of the day
With over 50,000 reviews, these fan-favorite leggings could make a great addition to your closet
By Dominique McIntee •
This Marks & Spencer ribbed loungewear set has shoppers obsessed with its soft and cosy fabric
This M&S cosy loungewear set is perfect for eating chocolate eggs in comfort...
By Selina Maycock •
What to wear with black jeans: classic outfits that will take you from desk to dinner in style
Wondering what to wear with black jeans? Here are the style tips every fashion lover should know about mastering the trend
By Kate McCusker •
What to wear to a christening: Appropriate outfits that hit the right mark
Not sure what to wear to a christening? Whether it's your tot that's being baptised, or you've got the honour of being a godparent, we've got you covered.
By Jess Beech •
Everything you need to know about dressing to flatter a rectangle body shape
Lucky you! A rectangle body shape is one of the easiest body types to dress, all thanks to your slender physique.
By Jess Beech •