If you have a pear shaped body then you're in luck, because a curvier bottom is at the forefront of fashionable figures. Thanks to celebrities like Jennifer Lopez and their pioneering efforts, it seems a pear shaped body is in high demand. Lucky you!
Now even though your figure is fashionable, you still need to know how to dress it. There's nothing worse than having a fabulous figure and not know how to flaunt it. Well fear not, because we are here to show you how. From clever tricks and to styling tips, we've got all of the intel you need to know about dressing a pear shaped body. And the best part of all, it's totally trend related, so you'll look in style all season.
Shift the focus away from your bottom and pop on a bold as can be top. This season the top trend taking over is ruffles. Keep all of your motifs up high
Buy now for £25.99 at Zara
- For the most flattering trouser for your bottom half, always stick to a pair of wide legs that flare from the hip rather than the knee. It'll make your entire silhouette look longer and slimmer.Buy now for £70 at Laura Ashley
- Vertical stripes on trousers are ideal for lengthening those legs. From classic monochrome, to bursts of colour, or even a sporty one stripe: a vertical stripe means slimming victory
- Try to keep everything as cling free on your bottom half. Cue the loose-but-luxe culotte jumpsuit. Easy breezey and completely on point. Layer a white shirt under this one from Next and team with some gold court shoes for a day at the office.
Buy now for £28 at Next
- Yes, you can wear a pleated skirt. Just make sure the pleats are wider apart so that they don't grip onto your hips. Go as loud as you can with colours and prints, it is nearly spring after all. Let this skirt from LK Bennett steal the show and add a simple white blouse and low block heel.Buy now for £250 at LK Bennett
- Over-sized tops with a dramatically longer back will even out your shape. Plus it means you can get away with wearing more tailored trousers. For the sleekest shirt, head over to John Lewis' Modern Rarity collection. These are total investment piece's that you'll be digging out of the wardrobe for years to come. Keep it simple when it comes to colours; you can never go wrong with classic white.
Buy now for £150 at Modern Rarity at John Lewis
- Know your secret weapon. A savior pair of Spanx will nip and lift your bum and hips to perfection.
Buy now for £63 at Spanx at Net-a-Porter
- Up your accessories and know which items flatter your shape the most. An oversized sun hat will shift the attention away from your body, making you appear thinner. While a bigger bag up against a curvier bottom will instantly trim you down.
- If you've got curvier hips then make for a maxi dress. A loose shape but with ultra luxe appeal; it's the glamourous go-to that completely flatters you. Choose graphic tropical prints; not only are they on trend, but wearing larger motifs instantly slims your entire silhouette.Buy now for £39.50 atMarks and Spencer