Who doesn't love a good beauty freebie? Forget your best mascara, because in honor of National Lash Day, MAC is giving away free pairs of false eyelashes for one day only.
On February 19 (today!), the brand is giving away a free pair of false lashes with every online order from the UK site, and when you spend more than $55 on the US site.
In the US, you can choose from five different styles of false lashes: the 3 Heiress Lash, 7 Free Spirit Lash, 36 Lash, 70 Lash or 43 Lash. You can also choose a free eyeliner worth up to $22 when you spend more than $65.
While in the UK you can choose from the 48 Lash, 36 Dreamgirl Lash, 83 Siren Lash or the 4 Idol Lash. And as well as your free false lashes, you'll also get a free mascara sample to try.
A post shared by M·A·C Cosmetics (@maccosmetics) (opens in new tab)
A photo posted by on
To help you decide which pair to opt for, MAC's website has a virtual try-on tool so that you can "try on" the different styles. Simply search "lashes" and choose one of the lash styles included in the offer.
As mentioned, this is a one-day-only deal, so you don't have long to get your hands on your freebie! For when your new false lashes arrive, below, MAC's National Artist Carly Utting has shared some top tips for applying.
How to apply false lashes, according to an expert
- Know which lash is for each eye
- Before applying any glue, measure the lash against your own lash eye and trim if necessary
- Apply a generous amount of mascara, like MAC's In Extreme Dimension ($24 (opens in new tab)/£22 (opens in new tab)), to act as an anchor for your lashes
- Apply a good coat of glue to the "spine" of the lashes
- Wait around 30 seconds for the glue to go tacky
- Place the centre of the lash spine to the centre of your eye
- Using a clean finger or cotton bud, "wedge" the inner and outer lashes in place
- When roughly in place, gently pinch the false lashes and your eyelashes together for a secure application
Remember, this offer is for one day only, so don't miss your chance to snap up this deal. Thanks, MAC!
Lucy is a UK-based beauty journalist who has written for the likes of Marie Claire, Cosmopolitan, OK!, Women's Health and more, as well as contributing to woman&home. Her work covers everything from expert skin and haircare tips to the latest product launches and the show-stopping beauty looks spotted backstage at London Fashion Week. During her career she's interviewed some seriously famous faces, from Little Mix to Drag Race royalty The Vivienne, as well as chatting to the industry's leading hairdressers, dermatologists and make-up artists.
Mike Tindall reflects on Queen’s note that ‘sums her up’ after ‘dignified’ change to plans
On a special podcast episode Mike Tindall recalled a story he'd heard that claimed Her Majesty sent this very heartfelt note...
By Emma Shacklock • Published
Prince William and Princess Kate's modern parenting revealed, including 'chat sofa' and one massive no-no
Prince William and Princess Kate's modern parenting methods may raise eyebrows among more old-fashioned Royal Family members
By Aoife Hanna • Published