The Cyber Week sales are finally here, and if you're on the lookout for a fitness tracker, our digital health editor's top recommendation, the Fitbit Versa 3, is currently up to 30% off in the Black Friday sales. You won't want to miss this...
As a health editor I've tried and tested all the best fitness trackers out there, from Fitbit to Garmin, and Polar to Fossil, there aren't many brands I haven't given a whirl. And while I'm often impressed by the latest fitness gadgets, there's one brand and one model, in particular, I come back to time and time again. Cue—the Fitbit Versa 3.
Right now, you can get up to $50 or £60 off the Fitbit Versa 3 in the Black Friday and Cyber Week sales.
The best Fitbit Versa 3 deals in the UK
- Currys: Get the Fitbit Versa 3 in black, blue, green and pink down to £139
- Argos: Get £60 off the Fitbit Versa 3 smartwatch, now £139.99
- Very: Bag the Fitbit in black, navy or pink for £139 and save £60.99
- ASOS: Save 22% on the Fitbit Versa 3 in Black at ASOS, now down to £154.99
- Fitbit: Get £45 off the Fitbit Versa 3 in every color for £154.99 until 30th November
The best Fitbit Versa 3 deals in the US
- Fitbit: Save $50 on the Fitbit Versa 3 and snap it up for $179.95
- Amazon: Get 22% off your Fitbit in the Black Friday sale for $179.95
- Walmart: Get your new smartwatch for $179.95 with $50 off
- Bestbuy: Save on the Fitbit Versa 3 in a range of colors now on sale for $179.95
- Kohl's: Snap up the Fitbit Versa 3 for $179.99 off until 26th November
The fitness tracker-smartwatch combo is always on my wrist in between testing other fitness trackers, and here's why...
Why the Fitbit Versa 3 design is the best
Lightweight and comfortable, even during my sweatiest HIIT workouts. The Fitbit Versa 3 is available in five colors and you can pick up additional bands (including vegan leather bands and fabric loop bands) if you're not a fan of the original silicone band.
Similar to an Apple Watch, the Fitbit Versa 3 has a large watch face that I really appreciate mid-workout when I want to quickly check my stats. It's a touchscreen watch that requires a simple swipe and is one of the easiest trackers to navigate. There are hundreds of clock faces to choose from, or you can create your own with a personal photo (I've currently got a picture from a hiking trip in England to admire every time I check my tracker).
Other design highlights include the quick charging battery. In just 12 minutes you can boost your watch with a full day's charge. Once fully charged to 100%, you can expect it to last around a week (depending on how often you stream music or use the GPS features). I often forget to charge my phone every day, so this is a big pro for me!
The Fitbit Versa 3 features you need to know about
The Fitbit Versa 3 offers a huge range of features. There's sleep tracking, heart rate monitoring, music streaming, on-screen notifications, SpO2 monitoring, built-in GPS and stress management to name just a few. But, there are three features, in particular, that really stand out to me...
- It tracks my workouts—whether I'm doing an at-home yoga practice or working up a sweat at a spin studio, I use my Fitbit to track my workouts. After my session, I can see my stats on the watch face, or analyze them in more detail on the Fitbit app which I use to track my progress. It boosts my motivation to hit the recommended 150 Active Zone minutes per week by breaking down my workouts into three zones that are all worth different minute values.
- It features Fitbit Pay—my Fitbit has saved me time and time again when I find myself debit card-less and stopping for coffee and a pastry post-run (life is all about balance, right?). I've got a lot of love for Fitbit Pay which links to my bank card and allows me to make contactless payments on the go with a tap of my watch.
- It has a Daily Readiness Score—my favorite feature of all has to be the daily readiness score—it helps me slow down on days my body needs to rest, and challenge myself on the days my energy cup is full. While most of us are in tune with our bodies and will know when to rest, using this feature has given me an interesting insight into how my body and data align. By tracking sleep, activity, and heart rate variability, Fitbit recommends what level of activity (or rest) you should tackle that day, and even suggests workouts to get you moving. On days where I've tried to hit the gym despite feeling tired, it's helped me stop, re-think and slow down, opting for meditation or a stretching practice instead.
Fitbit Versa 3 vs other fitness trackers
I've tried a range of fitness trackers and smartwatches, from Garmin and Polar to Samsung and Fossil—and while all the models in our best fitness trackers and best smartwatches round-ups have earned their place at the top, I always come back to the Fitbit Versa 3. It's super easy to set up, easy to navigate and it does everything I need a fitness tracker to do and then some.
However, this watch won't be suitable for everyone. For the keen runners amongst us, some of the other fitness trackers I've reviewed (such as the Garmin Forerunner 55 and the NURVV Run Smart Insoles) might be more suitable as they provide a detailed analysis of running style and technique. While those who want a stylish wearable might prefer the Fitbit Luxe or the Fossil Gen 6 Smartwatch. And for the shoppers who need a tracker that monitors their heart health as well as workouts, the Withings Move ECG with an in-built atrial fibrillation device could the best choice for you.
But, for those who want an everyday watch with smart tech capabilities to make their day a little easier while accurately tracking their activity on the go and during workouts, I recommend giving the Versa 3 a try. With all the Black Friday and Cyber Week sales kicking off, there's no better time to invest.
I’m A Celebrity 2021’s Richard Madeley opens up on terrifying hospital dash after shock exit
I’m A Celebrity's Richard Madeley has revealed he started ‘talking nonsense’ being taken to hospital.
By Emma Shacklock •
Gordon Ramsay labeled 'emotional wreck' as Tilly Ramsay is axed from Strictly Come Dancing
Tilly Ramsay was axed from Strictly Come Dancing but it was Gordon Ramsay's reaction that stole the show
By Laura Harman •
The Lovehoney Cyber Monday sale has landed—and there's up to 60% off everything
Plus, the most popular savings and the toys our team are picking up in the Lovehoney Cyber Monday sale
By Lauren Clark •
Lelo Black Friday sales—the Lelo Ora 3 simulates oral stimulation and it's now up to 40% off
The Lelo Ora 3 can do the one thing you can't do yourself...
By Ciara McGinley •
Save 40% on Lovehoney's bestselling Massage Wand Vibrator—pleasure guaranteed!
Lovehoney's Black Friday sale means you can save 40% on one of their bestselling massage wand vibrators
By Laura Harman •
The best Nectar mattress deals and sales to shop this Black Friday
Meet your one-stop destination for Nectar mattress deals across models
By Dominique McIntee •
Lululemon Cyber Monday: here's the best activewear deals we want to buy
Lululemon Cyber Monday looks epic as sales are set to continue from Black Friday weekend
By Faye M Smith •
Cyber Monday fire pits: This fire pit deal is all you need if you're heading into Tier 3 - and it expires soon!
A Cyber Monday fire pits deal will mean you stay both snug and smug this winter, especially if your garden is your sanctuary
By Faye M Smith •
This bargain sex toy is perfect to give to your boss as a Secret Santa gift, especially if you want a BIG pay rise in 2021!
A bargain sex toy like this will make sure your manager thanks you in the new year. Trust us...
By Faye M Smith •
This Black Friday Sony headphones deal just saved me £71 – and I'm thrilled as Apple AirPods just won't stay in my ears!
These Black Friday Sony headphones look stylish whether you choose silver or black.
By Faye M Smith •