The peppered mackerel adds a delicious smoky flavour to this simple-to-make potato salad
- 500g (1lb 2oz) Charlotte potatoes
- 50ml (2fl oz) extra virgin olive oil
- 25ml (1fl oz) red wine vinegar
- ½tbsp wholegrain mustard
- zest and juice ½ lemon
- 250g (9oz) peppered smoked mackerel, skin removed and flaked
- 2tbsp capers, finely chopped
- 50g (2oz) wild rocket leaves
- 2tbsp dill, finely chopped
This salad is a great basic recipe. Make it super-simple by using leftover potatoes to cut down on the cooking time.
Boil the potatoes for 15 to 20 minutes until tender. Drain, halve and season well.
Mix the oil, vinegar, mustard and lemon juice together. Fold through the mackerel, capers and rocket. To serve, scatter with the dill and lemon zest.
Get the best entertainment news, recipes, fashion, beauty and wellbeing advice for you. For FREE.Sign up