Our designer dupes fashion guide is essential reading for style lovers with champagne tastes but a lemonade budget. These are the pieces to purchase if your bank balance doesn't quite stretch to the dizzying heights of catwalk collections—and let's face it, whose does?
Whether you're looking to invest in a pair of the best jeans or splash out on a special dress, there's no need to max out your credit card in the process.
Better still, finding these designer-style pieces doesn't even require you to rummage through secondhand shops or online vintage stores looking for bargains—although, if you enjoy doing that, we would never stand in your way! In fact, all of these bargain pieces can be easily picked up (or added to basket) from everyday fashion stores.
It’s worth noting that when buying from a high-end label, it’s not just the design you're paying for; often the higher prices reflect the level of craftsmanship and fabric quality that go into making a piece. This explains why a designer bag is likely to outlive a cheaper one you picked up on the high street. But if you’re looking to dip your toe into a trend, without the full commitment of going high-end, a designer dupe is the perfect bank-friendly option.
Best designer dupes to shop now
1. Moncler Quilted Glossed Shell Jacket
Moncler makes some of the best winter coats and this padded jacket is no exception. But to snap up this style you don't have to splash the cash to tap into the clothing trend with this amazing version from Gap—made from recycled materials too. Save pennies and the planet? Sign us up for this designer dupe.
- Gap 100% Recycled Polyester Relaxed Heavyweight Cropped Puffer Jacket for $148 / £99.95 (opens in new tab)
2. Isabel Marant Floral-Print Velvet Midi Dress
Every capsule wardrobe needs a printed midi dress and we love the warm purple hues on these frocks. Team with black ankle boots and layer a fine roll knit underneath for extra warmth in winter.
- Isabel Marant Moyranid Floral-Print Velvet Midi Dress for $1,700 / £1,185 (opens in new tab)
- Next Paisley Cowl Neck Dress for $72 / £50 (opens in new tab)
3. Chloé Betty block-heel rubber boots
Has a pair of rubber boots ever looked so chic? We think not. This designer dupe has been causing quite the stir on our Instagram feeds and we can see why (it's not just because they're hitting key shoe trends this season). Perfect for any unexpected downpours whilst still keeping our outfit looking suitably stylish.
- Chloé Betty block-heel rubber boots for $541 / £395 (opens in new tab)
- Zara Rubberized Heeled Ankle Boots for $89.90 / £59.99 (opens in new tab)
4. Tom Ford Sequinned Leggings
You can't beat something sparkly when party season hits and you are looking for Christmas party outfit ideas, and these sequin leggings brought to you by designer Tom Ford and British high street store River Island hit the mark. The perfect hybrid of comfort and glamour.
- Tom Ford Sequined Leggings for $850 / £590 (opens in new tab)
- River Island Black Sequin Leggings for $84 / £45 (opens in new tab)
5. Balmain Double-Breasted Frayed Tweed Blazer
The best blazers can sharpen even the most casual of looks and the textured finish on these jackets give it that polished edge. Layer over a lace cami and a pair of straight-leg jeans for look that works in most social scenarios.
- Balmain Double-Breasted Frayed Tweed Blazer for $2,995 / £2,150 (opens in new tab)
- H&M Boucle Jacket for $69.99 / £49.99 (opens in new tab)
6. Isabel Marant Printed Silk Blouse
A brand well known for its bohemian style, this floral Isabel Marant blouse and its high store doppelgänger will give your jeans and a nice top combo a romantic finish.
Isabel Marant Batozia silk-blend blouse for $995 / £695 (opens in new tab)
Mango printed puff sleeve blouse for $59.99 / £35.99 (opens in new tab)
7. BALENCIAGA HOURGLASS STRETCHED TOP HANDLE BAG
Inject some colour into your wardrobe and make a serious style statement with this iconic sculptural bag from Balenciaga. Perfect for jazzing up your LBD, the sweet pastel hue will work when spring rolls in too.
Balenciaga Hourglass Stretched top handle bag for $2,150 / £1,490 (opens in new tab)
Ego sunlight logo baguette shoulder bag for $41.99 / £29.99 (opens in new tab)
8. BOTTEGA VENETA CHELSEA BOOTS
Say hello to the chunky lug sole boot—the only style you need to be wearing this season. It’s not often a trend comes around that is stylish, practical and doesn't compromise on comfort. We predict this one is here to stay!
Bottega Veneta Lug rubber-trimmed leather Chelsea boots for $1,100 / £810 (opens in new tab)
H&M platform Chelsea boots for $49.99 / £34.99 (opens in new tab)
9. PRADA NYLON BAG
Defined by its drawstring closure this bucket style bag has stood the test of time. With adjustable straps and gold-toned hardware, you can never go wrong with a classic black bag.
Prada Duet Re-Nylon shoulder bag for $1,390 / £1,050 (opens in new tab)
River Island black chain strap bucket bag for $63 / £34 (opens in new tab)
10. Louis Vuitton bag
Keeping your hands free as you go about your day, the best crossbody bags are as functional as they are fashionable. Invest in a designer one to effortlessly elevate all of your everyday outfits. The higher the price point, the greater the original investment in materials, which points to a longer-lasting piece. The best Louis Vuitton bags have very high price points, but if well looked after they'll outlive you and become an heirloom piece.
- Louis Vuitton Dauphine Mini Bag for $3,250 / £2,260 (opens in new tab)
- Dune Draycote Small Monogram Shoulder Bag for $99 / £75 (opens in new tab)
11. Gucci belt
A black belt will always earn its keep in your wardrobe. A timeless accessory that will never date, use it to cinch your waist when wearing floaty, oversized dresses or keep your jeans firmly in place. The addition of a gold buckle will catch the eye.
- Gucci Leather Marmont Belt $380 / £300 (opens in new tab)
- H&M Narrow Belt $9.99 / £6.99 (opens in new tab)
12. Manolo Blahnik heels
A statement heel is a worthwhile purchase for a number of reasons. Firstly, if they're colorful and brimming with sparkle, they're guaranteed to bring you joy every time you slide your feet into them. Secondly, a fancy shoe has the power to make even your failsafe jeans and T-shirt combination feel polished. Just add a blazer.
- Manolo Blahnik Hangisi 70 Blue Satin Jewel Buckle Pumps $995 / £795 (opens in new tab)
- Zara Shimmery Mid-Heel Slingback Shoes $89.90 / £59.99 (opens in new tab)
13. Bottega Veneta necklace
Statement gold jewellery has made a huge comeback. Chain-link necklaces are perfect for layering over casual dresses, T-shirts and sweaters. We’ll let you in on a secret—even the pricey items have usually been gold-plated, so save your coins for true investment pieces.
- Bottega Veneta Chains for $2,200 / £1,520 (opens in new tab)
- & Other Stories Chunky Chain Necklace for $49 / £35 (opens in new tab)
14. Dior bag
Say goodbye to the micro-bag trend, and hello to a fabulous large tote bag. Distinguished by its combination of sophisticated-yet-relaxed style, the Dior Book Tote has been seen adorning the arms of celebrities and influencers alike. The eye-watering price tag does seem steep for a canvas bag, but don’t worry—we have found the perfect alternative, and you can even have it personalized with your name or initials.
- Dior Book Tote for $3,250 / £2,400 (opens in new tab)
- Lily and Bean Isabella Bag for $170 / £120 (opens in new tab)