The best mattress deals are a fantastic way to save money on what can be one of the most important home purchases we'll ever make. To help you shop, we've hand-picked the best bargains and biggest savings that are worth pursuing in July.
A good mattress, coupled with the best pillows, will help you achieve proper spinal alignment, alleviate pressure points, help you sleep better and improve overall health. Because of this, the best mattresses aren't cheap and can be one of the most expensive purchases in your home.
We're seeing several mattress deals worth considering at the moment ahead of the annual big sale event that is Amazon Prime Day 2022, which is taking place between July 12 and 13 this year.
While we're not seeing the best mattress deals at the moment that we've seen so far this year, there are some decent buys to be had; read on for our pick of the best mattress deals, which we'll regularly update with new discounts as they come.
Where to find the best mattress deals in the U.S.
- EDITOR'S CHOICE: Nectar–Enjoy $100 off mattresses, plus $499 worth of free accessories (opens in new tab)
- Allswell: Use code 'FIREWORKS20' for 20% off all mattress orders (opens in new tab)
- Amerisleep: Get $450 off mattresses plus 30% off adjustable bed bundles (opens in new tab)
- Avocado Green: Save $100 on select mattresses or take $250 off organic luxury beds (opens in new tab)
- Awara Sleep: Get $300 off any mattress with $499 of free bedding included (opens in new tab)
- Big Fig: Save $300 on all mattresses with code 'BETTER' (opens in new tab)
- Bear Mattress: Score 30% off sitewide via code 'JULY30' (opens in new tab)
- Birch Living: Save $400 on any mattress and earn two free Eco-Rest pillows (opens in new tab)
- Cocoon By Sealy: Save 30% on Chill mattresses and also get free pillows and sheets (opens in new tab)
- DreamCloud: Enjoy $200 off plus get $499 worth of free accessories (opens in new tab)
- Eight Sleep: All Pod smart mattresses are now $150 off (opens in new tab)
- Emma: Take up to 38% off mattresses and bedding (opens in new tab)
- Helix Sleep: Save up to $350 with tiered coupons and get two free Dream pillows (opens in new tab)
- Layla: Take $150 off the Layla Memory Foam mattress and get two free pillows (opens in new tab)
- Leesa: Score up to $700 off mattresses and receive two pillows free (opens in new tab)
- Plush Beds: Mattresses are marked down by $1,250 with up to $549 in free bedding (opens in new tab)
- Saatva: Shave 12% off any order over $1,000 (opens in new tab)
- Tempur-Pedic: Take $500 off Tempur-Breeze mattresses or get $300 in gifts with mattress sets (opens in new tab)
- Winkbeds: Save $300 on all of Winkbeds' award-winning mattresses (opens in new tab)
The best mattress deals in the US
Nectar Memory Foam Mattress: from
$798 $399 + $499 of free gifts (save up to $599) (opens in new tab)| Nectar
Nectar's flagship foam mattress (opens in new tab) is one of the best value for money mattresses there is, with a queen starting at just $799 (reg. $1,298). In addition to a $100 savings, you'll also avail of $499-worth of premium bedding absolutely free, along with a lifetime warranty and a full year to trial it. With five layers of dense memory foam, you won't 'sink' into this bed — but instead, feel like you're lying on a cloud. Browse more of the best Nectar mattress deals (opens in new tab) happening right now.
Awara Natural Hybrid Mattress: from
$1,398 $799 + $499 of free gifts (save up to $799) (opens in new tab)| Awara
Organic mattresses tend to carry a heavier price tag than their synthetic foam counterparts, but Awara makes venturing into the world of all-natural sleep accessible with competitive prices and regular sales. Right now, you can bring home a queen-size Awara Natural Hybrid for $1,099 (reg. $1,898) and get $499 in freebies in the process. This dreamy combo of latex, springs and New Zealand wool will suit all types of sleepers. A forever warranty and a 1-year trial are included, too.
Helix Midnight Mattress: from
$799 $699 + free pillows (save up to $150) (opens in new tab)| Helix Sleep
Helix is offering tiered discounts of up to $350 during its extended Memorial Day Sale. That includes savings of $100 to $150 off its popular Helix Midnight, a hybrid mattress made specifically for side sleepers. A queen is regularly $1,199, but right now you can find it on sale for $1,099 with a pair of Helix Dream pillows included for free. Try it out for 100 nights, with a 10-year warranty to back you up.
Birch Natural Mattress: from
$1,349 $949 + free gifts (save $400) (opens in new tab)| Birch Living
Birch Living slashes $400 off all sizes of its Natural Mattress, with a queen going for $1,399 after discount (reg. $1,799). Better yet, you'll receive two cooling pillows with purchase for a total savings of $550. This eco-friendly bed features premium hypoallergenic and organic materials that relieve pressure and promote spinal alignment. Try it risk-free for 100 nights. A generous 25-year warranty applies.
Cocoon Chill Memory Foam Mattress By Sealy: from
$769 $499 + free pillows and sheets (save up to $540) (opens in new tab)| Cocoon By Sealy
If you're a perpetually hot sleeper (even outside of the summer months), the Cocoon Chill Memory Foam Mattress is for you. It absorbs, releases, and draws heat away from the body to help you sleep in the heat (opens in new tab) and so you wake up nice and dry. It's also ideal for co-sleepers who fidget at night thanks to its low motion transfer. Right now, a queen-sized Cocoon Chill mattress is only $799 (reg. $1,239). It also comes with $150 worth of free bedding, a 100-night trial, and a 10-year warranty.
Dreamcloud Luxury Hybrid Mattress: from
$999 $699 + free accessories (save up to $699) (opens in new tab) | Dreamcloud
Here's a luxury hybrid without the lofty price tag. Save up to $699 on a new DreamCloud bed, which also comes with hundreds of dollars worth of free bedding. Plus, the brand offers free shipping, free returns, and a 365-night home trial. The DreamCloud mattress is bolstered by five unique layers of support to soothe tense muscles and relieve joint pressure. The cozy cashmere-blend top cover will also help keep you cool at night — ideal if you wake up from occasional night sweats (opens in new tab).
Big Fig Mattress: from
$1,399 $1,099 after code 'BETTER' (save $300) (opens in new tab)| Big Fig
Big Fig mattresses are made for larger body types, with a total weight limit of 1,100 lbs. Not only is it incredibly supportive, but it's also very cooling — with a layer of gel-infused memory foam, a ThermoGel fabric cover, and individually-wrapped coils working together to promote better airflow and draw away body heat. Regularly $1,799, you can score a queen-size Big Fig mattress for $1,499 after coupon. You'll also get 120 nights to try it out, plus a 20-year warranty if you elect to keep it.
Plush Beds Botanical Bliss Organic Latex Mattress: from
$2,799 $1,549 + free sheet set (save up to $1,250) (opens in new tab)| Plush Beds
Any discount on Plush Beds' premium mattresses is welcome — and the brand is currently offering a massive $1,250 off all of its beds. That includes the Plush Beds Botanical Bliss Organic Latex Mattress, now $2,049 for a queen (reg. $3,299). The Botanical Organic Latex mattress is handcrafted with premium organic latex, wool, and cotton. Best of all, you can tailor this bed to suit your sleep style with two firmness options (medium or medium-firm) and three height levels (9-, 10- or 12-inch). Try it free for 100 nights. A 25-year warranty applies.
Where to find the best mattress deals in the UK
- Bensons for Beds: Score 50% off select mattresses (opens in new tab)
- Dreams: Save up to £360 off select beds from Tempur, Sealy and more (opens in new tab)
- Emma Sleep: Score up to 53% off all mattresses during Yellow Week (opens in new tab)
- Eve: Take 50% off the Original Hybrid mattress (opens in new tab)
- MattressOnline: Take up to 65% off popular brands like Simba, Emma and others (opens in new tab)
- Nectar: Get 45% off any Nectar mattress during its Summer Sale (opens in new tab)
- Simba: Enjoy 40% off all Simba mattresses (opens in new tab)
The best mattress deals in the UK
Emma Original Mattress: from
£449 £249.50 (save up to £499.50) (opens in new tab)| Emma Sleep
The Emma Original mattress (opens in new tab) has cemented its cult status in the U.K. with 500K models sold. Powered by elastic memory foam, it relieves pressure and draws heat away from the body. Right now, every size of its Original Mattress is half-off, with a UK Super King-sized mattress going for £499.50 (reg. £999) and a UK single costing only £249.50 (reg. £449). Emma gives you 200 nights to trial it, and a 10-year warranty to protect your purchase. Shop the best Emma mattress sales (opens in new tab) for even more savings.
Simba Hybrid Pro Mattress:
£1,149 £689.40 + a free mattress protector (save up to £720) (opens in new tab)| Simba Sleep
Shoppers can now snap up the Simba Hybrid Pro Mattress (opens in new tab) for under £700. The double-sized Hybrid Pro mattress is now £689.40 instead of £1,140, whilst a UK Super King is down to £1,079.40 (a drop from £1,799). Plus, you'll get a free mattress protector to help keep it good as new, along with a 1-year trial so you can try it throughout the seasons. The Hybrid Pro is a seven-layer bed made of memory foam and titanium Aerocoil®, the brand's patented layer designed to allow air to flow through the mattress. The tech also adapts to the sleeper's body shape. Check out our Simba mattress sales (opens in new tab) piece to see the best deals around at the moment.
The Nectar Essential Bundle:
£1,263 £694.65 (save up to £692.10) (opens in new tab)| Nectar UK
This set includes Nectar's classic memory foam mattress, along with the brand's best-selling bedding products for a better night's rest. At under £1,000 for even the largest size (a UK Super King), this is a quick and easy way to refresh your sleep setup on a tighter budget. Other bundles are on sale, as well — find them among the best Nectar mattress deals (opens in new tab) happening right now.
Nectar Memory Foam Mattress: from
£699 £384.45 (save up to £476.55) (opens in new tab)| Nectar UK
Don't need a whole new setup? You can still save substantially on Nectar's popular memory foam mattress. Originally £699, you can bring home a double for only £384.45. Nectar offers one of the best values for money with its flagship bed, which also includes a 1-year trial and a lifetime warranty. No matter your sleep style, you're bound to find this Nectar bed quite comfy.
Campbell Combination Mattress: from
£699 £349 (save up to £580) (opens in new tab)| Dreams
One of Dreams' best-selling beds is now on sale at over half-off. The Campbell Combination mattress features a layer of dense memory foam plus 930 pocket springs for balanced support and equal weight distribution. It's backed by a 1-year guarantee and comes with 40 nights to test it out.
Our pick of the best cheap mattress
1. Nectar Memory Foam Mattress
Reasons to buy
Reasons to avoid
About the mattress: Topped with a quilted mattress cover, the Nectar Memory Foam mattress features five dense layers that soothe and support the body in any position. The upper gel memory foam layer evenly distributes weight and helps you stay cool. Underneath sits an intuitive hi-core memory foam, which prevents you from "sinking" into the mattress. The base layer balances these layers, while the bottom mattress cover prevents slippage on the bed frame. The best part: It won't degrade in quality over time. Compared to similar beds, the Nectar Memory Foam mattress is on the affordable end, ranging from $798 - $1,398 / £804 - £1,284.
Current deals: The best Nectar mattress deals offer the greatest bang for your buck. Nonetheless, US shoppers can save $100 on all Nectar mattresses and get $499 in free bedding with purchase. Across the pond in the UK. the brand is promoting a 45% off Summer Sale for its mattresses and bundles.
2. Allswell The Brick
Reasons to buy
Reasons to avoid
About the mattress: The Allswell Brick hybrid mattress marries plush appeal with added support, featuring high-density foam, copper gel-infused memory foam, and a sturdy top layer. Whereas the copper layer keeps the body cool, the top layers cushion the body as you move and change positions. This bed also integrates wrapped coils, which help minimize motion transfer, promote airflow, and provide edge support on all four sides. Ultimately, these features make the bed responsive and comfortable for those who suffer from back pain. It's among the more affordable hybrids on the market, with an RRP between $469 - $875.
Current deal: The brand is taking 20% off all mattresses when code 'MEMDAY' is applied at checkout.
3. Eve The Lighter Foam
Reasons to buy
Reasons to avoid
About the mattress: The Eve Lighter Mattress is an entry-level memory foam bed with just two layers. The breathable top layer is called Evecomfort, which draws heat away from the body and responds to movement. As a supportive pillow, the base layer features contour zones that ease pressure points for back, side, and front snoozers.
Current deal: Currently, the Even Lighter Mattress is not on sale. However, the brand is taking 50% off its Original Hybrid Mattress (from £254) (opens in new tab).
4. Zinus Green Tea Memory Foam
Reasons to buy
Reasons to avoid
About the mattress: The Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress is a medium-firm, budget-friendly option with refreshing green tea extract and ActivCharcoal to neutralize odors. With three layers of memory foam, this bed conforms to your body and relieves pent-up joint and muscle tension. The middle layer includes open-air pockets, which promote airflow and keep the body cool. You can also choose the thickness of your mattress: 6, 8, 10, and 12 inches.
Current deals: While it's not on sale, the Zinus Green Tea Memory Foam is still highly affordable. Prices start at $118 for a 6-inch twin and max out at $408 for a 12-inch king. Meanwhile, other Zinus memory foam beds are discounted right now at up to 40% off.
How to find the best mattress deals
Is Amazon Prime Day a good time to find the best mattress deals?
Amazon Prime Day is typically jam-packed with stellar deals...but when it comes to mattresses, you're unlikely to find the best mattress deals from top brands.
However, Prime Day has become more than an Amazon-exclusive event. Several retailers tend to hop on the Prime Day Hype Train by offering mid-summer sales of their own. (Think Walmart or Target, for example.)
Mattress manufacturers are no exception, either. In the US, you may even find some extended July 4 sales overlapping with Prime Day. (Some mattress sellers are already celebrating Independence Day with early discounts.)
Thus, we recommend scouring a mattress manufacturer's website for any sales taking place during Amazon's Prime Day festivities. Not only will you see some competitive prices, you'll also have the benefit of receiving substantial risk-free trials, long-term warranties, and free bedding when buying from a mattress manufacturer direct— amentiies that are often omitted or abbreviated when you buy a popular mattress from Amazon.
There is a caveat, though. Prime Day is a good time to buy a new mattress, but not necessarily the best time. Memorial Day sales in the US (and Jubilee promotions in the UK) just took place in May, which is a month during which mattress manufacturers heavily discount old stock to make room for new models that typically roll out over the summer. There will be mattress sales throughout Prime Day, but it's unlikely they'll match what we just saw in May.
If you must purchase a mattress in mid-July, understand there's a likelihood that prices can drop even lower during Black Friday sales — another high time to save big on beds. But that doesn't mean you still won't be able to pocket some substantial savings during Prime Day...as long as you're savvy about your shopping.
Finding the best mattress deals: Practical shopping tips
As you explore the discounts, keep these practical shopping tips in mind:
- Know what you're looking for in a mattress: Purchasing a top-rated mattress at a super low price will be for naught if it's the wrong bed for your body type and sleep style. Have a good understanding of what you need to sleep comfortably, then narrow your selection to models that match your criteria.
- Look for a guarantee: Shop at a retailer that'll guarantee the price of your mattress. Many sellers may refund you the difference if the mattress you purchase goes on sale within a certain amount of time after your purchase.
- Don't buy without a trial: Buying a mattress sight unseen can be harrowing. Fortunately, it's standard practice among online mattress retailers to offer a risk-free trial of at least 30 days, which is approximately how long it takes for your body to adjust to a brand new bed. Trial periods of 100 nights are fairly common, and some brands even grant a full year to test your mattress — which will give you a sense of how it performs throughout the seasons.
- Understand the return policy: Many companies offer trial periods with free return shipping, sans penalty fees. It's important to review this information carefully because beyond preliminary research, finding the perfect mattress requires testing and evaluation. If you'll be on the hook for return fees, knowing that ahead of time will allow you to budget wisely.
Dominique worked as a shopping writer at Woman & Home and while with the brand she covered products, sales and deals, and market news across categories. Before joining the team, she penned stories as an editorial fellow at Insider Reviews, the affiliate commerce team at Insider Inc./Business Insider. The bespectacled NJ transplant specializes in commerce journalism, women’s lifestyle content, and hoarding makeup—much to her mother’s dismay.
- Alison Barretta Freelance writer and editor
How to help someone with burnout: 10 useful ways to help a friend, family member or partner
Learn how to support someone with burnout with our expert-led guide, plus signs to look out for
By Stacey Carter • Published
Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck’s second wedding to be ‘all about J-Lo’ with ultra lavish party
Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck are expected to host a three-day-long wedding at the Argo star's mansion in Riceboro, Georgia, this weekend
By Emma Dooney • Published