The Food Standards Agency has issued a list of items affected
Shoppers have been urged to check their cupboards and fridges following recent supermarket buys after an urgently recall of a number of products - including chicken and chocolate - after concerns by the Food Standard's Agency.
Aldi, Tesco, Lidl, Sainsbury's, Waitrose and Iceland have all stocked some of the items affected and customers are urged to return the product to store for a full refund.
According to the FSA, some of the products affected are southern fried chicken, breaded chicken, mussels, after salmonella fears.
View the products affected in full:
- Aldi Roosters Southern Fried Poppin’ Chicken and Roosters Breaded Poppin' Chicken - Aldi is extending its recall to include all batches and all best before dates, because the products may contain salmonella. It affects all of its 210g packets, with all expiry dates and batch codes.
- Lidl Simply Mature White Cheddar - Lidl GB is recalling the 900g cheese blocks with expiry date of 26/12/20 as it may contain pieces of plastic making this product unsafe to eat.
- Lidl sweeteners - Lidl GB is recalling Cologran Stevia sweetener 100 tablets (Stevia variant) because aspartame, (E951) is not mentioned on the label. This means the product is a possible health risk to sufferers of phenylketonuria (PKU). Batch codes affected are L 91424 A, L 91424 B, L 91424 C, and L 91424 D. Best before: end date - December 2022.
- Lidl Deluxe Dark Chocolate Muesli Bar with Brazils and Cranberries - the product might contain salmonella. Symptoms caused by salmonella usually include fever, diarrhoea and abdominal cramps. The pack size 3x45g are affected with a best before date of August 2020, September 2020, October 2020, December 2020, January 2021, February 2021, March 2021 and April 2021.
- Sainsbury’s Cooked Mussels - Sainsbury’s is recalling frozen by Sainsbury’s Cooked Mussels because Salmonella has been found in some of the products in this batch. A spokesman said, "It has been brought to our attention that there may be a small quantity of by Sainsbury's cooked mussels 300g (frozen), with a best before date of 08/09/2021 that may be contaminated with Salmonella. No other date codes affected."
- Sainsbury’s semi-skimmed less than 2% fat 1 litre UHT milk - The supermarket chain has taken the precautionary step of recalling the product with best before 28/12/20 and 29/12/20 because of possible microbiological contamination that could lead to spoilage. This may make the product unsafe to consume.
- Iceland Fruit Sherbets - Stockley’s is recalling the 250g sweets (batch code 0255, best before February 2022 and March 2022) because they contain milk which is not mentioned on the label. The product is a possible health risk for anyone with an allergy or intolerance to milk or milk constituents. The affected product was only sold in Iceland stores.
- Iceland Chip Shop Curry Chicken Breast Toppers - Iceland has recalled their own brand 400g pack with best before dates of 27/02/21, 17/03/21 and 8/04/21 because salmonella has been found in the product.
- Iceland Southern Fried Chicken Popsters - pack size 220g (Best before 4/04/21) has been recalled because salmonella has been found in the product.
- Waitrose No.1 Dominican Republic Milk Chocolate 49% - Waitrose is recalling this bar (batch code 0259) because some products contain almonds, hazelnuts (nuts) and soya which are not mentioned on the label. It affects bars with an expiry of November 2021. Due to a packaging error, some products contain Waitrose No.1 Orange & Almond Chocolate instead. This means the product is a possible health risk for anyone with an allergy to almonds, hazelnuts and/or soya.
- Waitrose Easy to Cook Pork & Chorizo burgers - these because they contain egg which is not mentioned on the label. This means the 280g product, of all expiry dates, is a possible health risk for anyone with an allergy or intolerance to egg. Waitrose has urged not to eat the item if they have an allergy to egg.
- Waitrose Slow Cooked Beef and Ale Pie - The 400g bar (batch code L0125, best before November 2021)contains hazelnuts and milk which are not mentioned on the label. This means the product is a possible health risk for anyone with an allergy to nuts (hazelnuts) and/or an allergy or intolerance to milk or milk constituents.
- Ahmed Foods Garlic Pickle in Oil and Ahmed Foods Mango Pickle in Oil - P & B (Foods) Ltd is recalling these items because they contain mustard which is not mentioned on the label. The garlic pickle packs affected - Pack size 330g (Batch code: 036022 - 281FA) Best before: 30/04/2022. And Pack size 1kg (Batch code: 034022 – 161FA) Best before: 28/02/22. And the Mango pickle pack size: 330g (Batch code: 036022 - 281FA) Best before: 30/04/22. Or pack size 1kg (Batch code: 034022 – 161FA) Best before: 28/02/22. These are all a possible health risk for anyone with an allergy to mustard. A spokesman said, "If you have bought Ahmed Foods 'Garlic Pickle in Oil' or Ahmed Foods 'Mango Pickle in Oil', do not eat if you are allergic to mustard.
- Kirsty’s Mini and Classic Beef Lasagne - Worthenshaws Ltd is recalling the 250g (all expiry dates between 2/9/20 - 19/10/20) and 400g product (use by all dates between 10/09/20 - 24/10/20) because it contains a statement on the label that the product is free from all 14 allergens, which is not accurate as the product contains oats (that are gluten free). Oats is also not emphasised on the label. This means the product is suitable for someone following a gluten free diet, however, it is not suitable for those who have an allergy to Oats.
- Cocoa and Hazelnut Grain-Free Granola - The Paleo Foods Co. is recalling the granola containing Brazil nuts because they may contain salmonella. The recall relates to the product of a pack size of 285g with a best before date of October 2020, November 2020, January 2021, February 2021 and March 2021. They are also recalling the 6x285g packs with the same best before dates as above.
- Uncle Ben's Brown Basmati rice - Mars Food UK is recalling it's 250g ready to heat rice pouches as some packs may contain pieces of glass, making them unsafe to eat. Packs affected are best before: November 17, 2020/December 8, 2020/December 9, 2020/January 8, 2021/January 18, 2021/January 19, 2021/March 2, 2021/March 16, 2021/March 20, 2021/May 24, 2021/June 14, 2021/June 15, 2021/July 3, 2021/July 19, 2021.
- Baked Whole King Scallops - Highland Bay Seafoods is recalling their 200g Baked Whole King Scallops with a creamy leek and kale sauce topped with mash potato because it contains fish which is not mentioned on the label. It is a possible health risk for anyone with an allergy to fish. Batch codes affected are R006, R007, R008, and 20106 with best before End date - 07/2020, 09/2020, 12/2020 and 04/2021.
- Golden Curry Medium Hot Sauce Mix - JFC (UK) Ltd is recalling the 1kg mix because it contains celery and mustard which are not mentioned on the label. It is a possible health risk for anyone with an allergy to celery and/or mustard. Best before December 22, 2020; March 16, May 7, May 23, June 12 and July 10, 2022.
Selina is a Senior Celebrity Writer with more than 13 years experience in newspapers and magazines. She is currently Senior Entertainment writer for Goodto.com, womanandhome.com and Myimperfectlife.com
Before joining Future [formerly TI Media], Selina spent two years as a Showbiz Freelance Writer, worked as a Showbiz Writer at Heat magazine. Selina previously spent six years as Acting News Editor and Entertainment Reporter at the Scunthorpe Telegraph where she was awarded a O2 Media Judges' Special Award for helping a terminally ill cancer sufferer realise his dying wish and marry his childhood sweetheart.
When she's not interviewing celebrities you can find her getting into a spin on the ice, planning her next Mini adventure or making memories!
Britney Spears’ net worth revealed as she requests her accountant replace her father as conservator
Britney Spears’ net worth has been revealed as her conservatorship battle takes a new turn
By Laura Harman •
Best trail running shoes for women— lightweight styles, waterproof buys and picks with extra padding
These best trail running shoes are all sturdy and supportive
By Amy Hunt •
Krispy Kreme’s limited-edition Carnival Collection is bringing the fair to you
Krispy Kreme is bringing carnival-inspired flavors to enjoy for the rest of the summer
By Rylee Johnston •
Coca Cola is changing its recipe and fans are ‘really worried’
Coca Cola has announced that they will be changing their recipe ‘to offer a broad portfolio of beverages’
By Laura Harman •
McDonald's is giving out free food on National French Fry Day
Fry fans can score free food from McDonald's in celebration of National Fry Day on July 13
By Rylee Johnston •
7 easy smoothie recipes that are quick and simple to make
These easy smoothie recipes take just a few minutes and are the perfect way to get your day off to a good start
By Rosie Conroy •
Pasta chips, summer's trendiest snack, are a must for your backyard BBQs
Plus, the versatile treat can be made in your air fryer
By Danielle Valente •
The FDA has recalled Dole blueberries for possible contamination
Produce brand Dole just recalled a mass amount of blueberries after possible contamination was found
By Rylee Johnston •
The best recipe boxes for simply delicious summer dishes
Ideal for quick and easy-to-make dishes this season!
By Ciara McGinley •
Friands with gooseberry and hazelnut
These friands with gooseberry and hazelnut make the most of the fruit's short season
By Samuel Goldsmith •