Taken from Fired Up: Vegetarian, No Nonsense Barbequing (£14.99; Murdoch Books)
Preheat the barbecue grill to high
Put the oil in a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, capsicums and onion and toss the veggies around to coat them in the oil.
Working in batches, tumble some of the veggies over the grill and spread them around so they don't overlap. Cook the vegtables for 8-10 minutes, turning them often using metal tongs until they are tender and scored with grill marks, then transfer to a bowl.
Cook the remaining vegetables in the same way.
Sprinkle the cooked vegetables with the chilli, cumin, paprika and salt and toss together. Lightly mash using a potato masher, so the tomatoes especially are well crushed. Spoon the mixture onto a heavy based baking tray. Put the tray on the barbeque grill and allow to heat up and sizzle.
Form eight evenly spaced little wells in the mixture, then crack an egg into each one.
- Close the barbecue lid, if your barbecue has one, or place another baking tray over the top. Cook for 8-10 minutes, just until the egg whites are firm. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve hot, with chargrilled bread.
- 60ml rice bran oil
- 6 ripe tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 small yellow capsicum (pepper), cut into strips
- 1 small red capsicum, cut into strips
- 1 small green capsicum, cut into strips
- 1 red onion, cut into rings
- 1 large red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 eggs
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf (Italian) parsley
- chargrilled bread, to serve
Fabulously fresh, these cod bruschetta will take you straight to the Italian Riviera!
By Samuel Goldsmith •
Oven-Baked Chicken Breasts with Chorizo and Chickpeas
By Rebecca Smith •
Low alcohol wines so you can enjoy a glass or two without a fuzzy head in the morning
By Woman and Home •
Jennifer Garner has one concern about the 'Bennifer' reunion
Jennifer Garner shared her worries over the pace of Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez's relationship
By Rylee Johnston •
Will Britney Spears ever perform again? Her latest Instagram Q&A gives fans some insight
'I'm in a transition in my life,' the pop star reveals
By Danielle Valente •
Starbucks is out of hazelnut syrup and a few other favorites
Starbucks is undergoing a temporary supply shortage on over two dozen popular ingredients
By Rylee Johnston •