Our strawberry Pimm’s coulis crumpet tower is a brilliant addition to any boozy brunch menu. Serve with Greek yogurt and extra strawberries on the side.
One mouthful of this strawberry Pimm’s coulis and you'll be transported to the grassy banks of Wimbledon. We’ve mixed a finely chopped fresh mint into this delicious fruity sauce to cut through some of the sweetness and imitate the classic summer tipple.
The strawberry Pimm’s coulis can be made ahead of time and works brilliantly with pancakes (opens in new tab), ice cream, and cakes (opens in new tab) too if you don’t fancy a crumpet tower. Try putting a small amount at the bottom of your Prosecco flute and top with bubbles for a quick and easy brunch cocktail (opens in new tab).
Hosting a Pimm’s party? Add our Pimm’s with a Kick (opens in new tab) to your drinks menu and our orange cheesecake with strawberry and Pimm’s jelly (opens in new tab) for a show-stopping dessert.
- Place the strawberries in a saucepan with the caster sugar and heat. Start to lightly mash the strawberries to release some juice.
- Add the Pimm’s and simmer for a couple of minutes. Stir in half the shredded mint leaves and then blitz in a food processor until smooth. Strain through a sieve then stir in the rest of the mint leaves.
- Toast the crumpets according to packet instructions then layer up with a spoonful of the coulis between each layer.
- Top with yogurt, more coulis and the extra strawberries if liked. Serve with a glass of Pimm’s for good measure, or water with sliced cucumber.
- 250g strawberries, topped and roughly chopped plus extra whole for serving
- 2tsp caster sugar
- 80ml Pimm’s
- 5 large mint leaves, torn plus extra for serving
- 6 crumpets
- 50ml Greek yogurt, to serve
Top Tip for making Strawberry Pimm’s coulis crumpet tower
Make the coulis ahead of time and try it in cakes or drizzled on pancakes and icecream.
Jessica is a Senior Food Writer at Future and is an enthusiastic, self-taught cook who adores eating out and sharing great food and drink with friends and family. She has completed the Level 1 Associate course at the Academy of Cheese and is continually building on her knowledge of beers, wines and spirits. Jessica writes food and drink related news stories and features, curates product pages, tests and reviews equipment and also develops recipes which she styles on food shoots.
These petite cakes are made even prettier with bottlegreen raspberry cordial icing and a sprinkle of dried rose petals
By Jessica Ransom • Published
Pomegranate and elderflower semifreddo
The subtle flavours in this frozen Pomegranate and elderflower semifreddo loaf are perfect for a summer dinner al fresco
By Jessica Ransom • Published
Eton mess tart
We’ve turned a traditional British pudding into a gorgeous white chocolate tart. Summer puddings don’t get any better than this Eton Mess tart.
By Rosie Conroy • Published
The history behind strawberries and cream - the sweet treat we can't get enough of at Wimbledon
Strawberries and cream is the ultimate summer sweet treat - but where did the tradition come from?
By Lauren Hughes • Published
Strawberry Moon 2022: What June Full Moon's monicker means and why it's so significant
The Strawberry Moon 2022 is the name for June's Full Moon and brings with it Sagittarian energy and a hugely important annual event
By Aoife Hanna • Published
Adele stuns with strawberry blonde highlights at NBA game
Adele showcased a longer, blonder hairdo in a rare appearance at NBA game
By Emma Dooney • Published