By Jane Curran
Baileys cheesecake is such an indulgence – it’s perfect for a special occasion, especially around Christmas when you’re looking for that show-stopping dessert that you know everyone will be impressed by. This cheesecake recipe really is very easy to make and you just need to follow a few simple steps, before popping it in the fridge to chill until your guests arrive. Our video will also show you how to make each stage if you’re unsure about anything, so you can see just how simple it is. Try it out for your next dinner party and your guests will be more than impressed.
Everyone has a bottle of Baileys at home, so if you’re wondering how to make the most of it, this Baileys cheesecake might just be for you! Get it out during the festive period for something very special.
HOW TO MAKE BAILEYS CHEESECAKE
For the base:
- 225g oat biscuits, crumbed
- 110g butter, melted
For the creamy filling:
- 300g Philadelphia cream cheese
- 250ml double cream
- 3 eggs, separated
- 110g unrefined caster sugar
- 5tbsp Baileys Irish Cream
- 5 level tsp powdered gelatine
- 50g toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- handful chocolate curls, to decorate
You will need:
- 23cm (9in) spring-form tin, lightly oiled
- Mix together the biscuit crumbs and melted butter. Press into the tin and chill.
- Use an electric hand whisk to mix the cream cheese, double cream, egg yolks and sugar. Whisk in the Baileys.
- In a small bowl, let the gelatine “sponge” with a few tablespoons of water, then heat it gently over a pan of simmering water. Stir into the cream.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff then fold into the cream mixture. Pour over the base, cover with clingfilm and chill overnight.
- Decorate with chocolate curls, toasted hazelnuts and an extra glug of Baileys.
Top Tip for making Baileys Cheesecake
To make chocolate curls, melt 75-100g dark chocolate onto a plastic chopping board or marble slab. Leave to set well, then drag the blade of a large, heavy knife towards you. Or you can use a veg peeler to shave pieces off a solid block of chocolate
The Dermstore Beauty Refresh Sale has arrived: here are the best deals to shop
Score limited-time deals with the promo code GLOWUP applied at checkout
By Dominique McIntee •
'Bachelor' host Chris Harrison says he regrets defending Rachael Kirkconnell's racism
Presenter of the Bachelor, Chris Harrison, states that he regrets defending Rachel Kirkconnell’s past racist actions
By Laura Harman •
Sophia Vergara wins embryo court battle against her ex
Sophia Vergara has won a lawsuit against her ex that concerns the couple's frozen embryos
By Laura Harman •