By Jane Curran
Weekends are for being a little bit lazy; so get up late and take it easy with our flavour-packed update of a classic hash. The already flavoursome corned beef gets an added kick from the worcestershire sauce, amidst the classic tomatoey tastes of a corned beef hash. The egg on the top of the hash is a savoury 'cherry on the top' of this meal (and we reckon it'd be a perfect cure too after a couple of glasses of wine).
HOW TO MAKE CORNED BEEF HASH
- Steam the potatoes until tender then cut in half. Heat the oil in a large sauté pan, then fry the potatoes until browned with some sea salt. Remove with a slotted spoon; set aside. Add the onions to the pan and gently cook until lightly browned and softened. Set aside then fry off the mushrooms with some salt and pepper. You may need a little more oil. Set aside.
- Cut the corned beef into small chunks and fry off over a high-ish heat so the fat melts and the beef begins to brown. This will take about 20 minutes. Then add the passata, worcestershire sauce and mustard. Stir in the potatoes, onions and mushrooms and cook until heated through. It can sit on a low heat while you poach or fry the eggs. Stir through the parsley and serve.
- Any leftovers can be reheated the next day. You will need to add a little more passata or worcestershire sauce if it has dried out a little.
- 500g mini potatoes
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 onions, sliced
- 200g button mushrooms, large ones halved
- 2 x 340g cans corned beef
- 6 tbsp passata
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 5 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 6 free-range eggs
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks •
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks •
Friands with gooseberry and hazelnut
These friands with gooseberry and hazelnut make the most of the fruit's short season
By Samuel Goldsmith •
Diptyque Black Friday: Save 20% on luxe candles and fragrances to finally become a 'Diptyque Candle Woman'
These are the Diptyque Black Friday deals you have been dreaming about
By Fiona McKim •
Meghan Markle's favorite kitchen appliance is on sale—and so is this 'Middleton must have'
Meghan Markle's favorite kitchen appliance makes it super easy to make fresh, healthy food fast and she brings it everywhere she goes
By Aoife Hanna •
Queen missed this major life milestone for Prince Louis, but will she miss it again for Lilibet Diana?
The Queen has missed this milestone only a few times before, but Lilibet has yet to have this special moment.
By Emma Shacklock •