By Jane Curran
Weekends are for being a little bit lazy; so get up late and take it easy with our flavour-packed update of a classic hash. The already flavoursome corned beef gets an added kick from the worcestershire sauce, amidst the classic tomatoey tastes of a corned beef hash. The egg on the top of the hash is a savoury 'cherry on the top' of this meal (and we reckon it'd be a perfect cure too after a couple of glasses of wine).
HOW TO MAKE CORNED BEEF HASH
- 500g mini potatoes
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 onions, sliced
- 200g button mushrooms, large ones halved
- 2 x 340g cans corned beef
- 6 tbsp passata
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 5 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 6 free-range eggs
- Steam the potatoes until tender then cut in half. Heat the oil in a large sauté pan, then fry the potatoes until browned with some sea salt. Remove with a slotted spoon; set aside. Add the onions to the pan and gently cook until lightly browned and softened. Set aside then fry off the mushrooms with some salt and pepper. You may need a little more oil. Set aside.
- Cut the corned beef into small chunks and fry off over a high-ish heat so the fat melts and the beef begins to brown. This will take about 20 minutes. Then add the passata, worcestershire sauce and mustard. Stir in the potatoes, onions and mushrooms and cook until heated through. It can sit on a low heat while you poach or fry the eggs. Stir through the parsley and serve.
- Any leftovers can be reheated the next day. You will need to add a little more passata or worcestershire sauce if it has dried out a little.
Kate Middleton reveals the one thing that gets her through difficult times—and it’s seriously relatable
The Duchess opens up about parenthood
By Georgia Farquharson •
Nigel Boyle was just as surprised by that finale as we were—but who is the Line of Duty actor?
Line of Duty actor Nigel Boyle reveals how he discovered the truth about his character—*warning, major spoilers ahead!*
By Emma Shacklock •
Kate Middleton's pearl earrings are timeless and elegant—here's where to shop them
The woman&home team has found Kate Middleton's pearl earrings for you to shop now (yep, the exact match!)
By Fiona Embleton •