By Jane Curran
Weekends are for being a little bit lazy; so get up late and take it easy with our flavour-packed update of a classic hash. The already flavoursome corned beef gets an added kick from the worcestershire sauce, amidst the classic tomatoey tastes of a corned beef hash. The egg on the top of the hash is a savoury 'cherry on the top' of this meal (and we reckon it'd be a perfect cure too after a couple of glasses of wine).
HOW TO MAKE CORNED BEEF HASH
- Steam the potatoes until tender then cut in half. Heat the oil in a large sauté pan, then fry the potatoes until browned with some sea salt. Remove with a slotted spoon; set aside. Add the onions to the pan and gently cook until lightly browned and softened. Set aside then fry off the mushrooms with some salt and pepper. You may need a little more oil. Set aside.
- Cut the corned beef into small chunks and fry off over a high-ish heat so the fat melts and the beef begins to brown. This will take about 20 minutes. Then add the passata, worcestershire sauce and mustard. Stir in the potatoes, onions and mushrooms and cook until heated through. It can sit on a low heat while you poach or fry the eggs. Stir through the parsley and serve.
- Any leftovers can be reheated the next day. You will need to add a little more passata or worcestershire sauce if it has dried out a little.
- 500g mini potatoes
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 onions, sliced
- 200g button mushrooms, large ones halved
- 2 x 340g cans corned beef
- 6 tbsp passata
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 5 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 6 free-range eggs
Shoppers say these high-waisted leggings are the softest they've ever owned — and they're now 45% off on Amazon
With over 50,000 reviews, these fan-favorite leggings tout a laundry list of bragging rights — here's why they belong in your closet
By Dominique McIntee •
Michelle Obama’s 'Becoming' has been re-released for a younger audience
Michelle Obama’s 'Becoming' has been re-released with a new lovely message for her younger audience
By Laura Harman •
This Marks & Spencer ribbed loungewear set has shoppers obsessed with its soft and cosy fabric
This M&S cosy loungewear set is perfect for eating chocolate eggs in comfort...
By Selina Maycock •