This is an awesome show-stopping FODMAP recipe for the weekend. Made with a griddle pan, you don’t need a waffle maker (who has one anyway?), it’s bright and full of sunshine. Think soft on the inside and crispy on the outside, with golden grooves that effortlessly fill with fruity compote and creamy yoghurt.
A non-stick griddle pan is favourable here, but if you have a cast iron one and the waffle gets a little stuck, it will still taste good.
Keep any leftover compote in an airtight container, in the fridge,for up to 3 days.
HOW TO MAKE FODMAP GRIDDLE PAN WAFFLES
Recipe from The FODMAP Friendly Kitchen -available from Amazon.
For the waffle
- 225g gluten-free flour blend
- 21/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 300ml lactose- or dairy-free milk of choice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 50g lactose-free butter, plus a little extra,for greasing
For the compote
- 400g rhubarb
- 5cm chunk of fresh ginger, peeled and finely sliced
- Juice of 1 navel orange
- 50g brown sugar Lactose - or dairy-free yoghurt to serve
- To make the compote, wash and trim the rhubarb and chop into 2.5cm pieces. Gently cook the rhubarb, orange juice, ginger and sugar in a covered saucepan for 8–10 minutes, or until the rhubarb is just turning soft.
- To make the waffle, sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl and make a well in the centre. In a separate bowl or jug, beat together the eggs, milk, vanilla and butter. Slowly pour the milk mixture into the flour, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Slide the waffle onto a chopping board and cut into six rectangles. Top each with a dollop of thick yoghurt and spoon over the fruit compote.
Prince Andrew will not be attending Queen's birthday parade for Trooping the Colour in June
It's been confirmed that Prince Andrew will be absent from festivities - and here's who will be in his place during the parade
By Lauren Hughes •
This naked retreat has been named as one of 2021's best travel experiences
Nudist holidays are on the up! And this Italian retreat is predicted to be a big hit in 2021...
By Lauren Hughes •
Princess Anne told to ‘de-clutter’ her home after she shares rare look inside her home
Princess Anne told to ‘de-clutter’ her home after she shares rare view with fans
By Selina Maycock •