You can have eggs in the morning, evening or even for lunch with this delicious Broccoli and Bacon Frittata.
Eggs are such a great source of protein and they’re a great option if you’re trying to be healthy. Plus, when served up with tenderstem broccoli, you know you’re getting extra minerals too.
Tasty bacon and delicious parmesan also help to flavour this easy dish – so you know you’re getting a speedy meal that’s super simple and tastes great.
- 200g (7oz) tenderstem broccoli, cut into thin slices
- 8 rashers back bacon
- 8 large free-range eggs. lightly beaten
- 100ml (4fl oz) milk
- 75g (3oz) Parmesan, finely grated
- 1tbsp finely chopped chives
- 2tsp olive oil
You will also need a 20cm (8in) nonstick frying pan.
- Heat the grill to medium high. Bring a pan of water to the boil and add the broccoli. Simmer for 2 or 3 minutes, or until just tender. Run under cold water to cool, then set aside. Grill the bacon until crispy, turning during cooking. When cool enough to handle, roughly chop, then set aside.
- In a large jug, mix the eggs with the milk, stir in the Parmesan and chives, plus seasoning, then set aside.
- Heat the oil in the frying pan over a medium heat, add an even layer of the broccoli and the bacon then pour over the egg mixture. Cook for 5 or 6 minutes, or until the bottom is lightly browned and it's starting to firm up in the middle. Tilt the pan occasionally to spread the mixture. Remove the pan to the grill and heat for 3 or 4 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
Jane Curran is a freelance food editor, stylist, writer and consultant based in Cape Town. Former food director of TI Media & woman&home. All about food, wine (dipWSET), gardening and the Arsenal.
Chocolate and hazelnut roulade
This chocolate and hazelnut roulade comes with an optional Baileys Irish cream liqueur filling for an extra, festive twist
By Jen Bedloe • Published
This no-bake Baileys cheesecake is so easy to make and perfect for cream liqueur lovers, plus it takes just 40 minutes to prepare
By Jess Meyer • Published
Chocolate torte with Baileys cream and salted praline
Serve this rich Chocolate torte with Baileys cream and salted praline for a festive dessert that makes a popular alternative to Christmas pudding
By Jen Bedloe • Published
The $4 breakfast this billionaire eats every day
Believe it or not, billionaire Warren Buffett is extremely frugal - especially when it comes to his very particular breakfast routine
By Anna Rahmanan • Published
Kate Middleton and Prince William's healthy takeout food they 'love'
Kate Middleton and Prince William's healthy takeout option is delicious and nutritious
By Caitlin Elliott • Published
New York Fashion Week proved that this spring's unlikely fashion trend is... eggs
Eggs appeared to be an unexpected theme at New York Fashion Week
By Madeline Merinuk • Published