By Grace Walsh
Make these overnight in advance and simply grab-and-go in the morning.
This tropical combination brings a delicious taste of sunshine to start the day. And there is no added sugar! So the sweetness of the fruits shines through. Mango is full of vitamin C and the oats are full of beta glucans, which are great for your heart and cholesterol, as well as releasing energy slowly.
And what’s even better – they’re vegan. Packed full of protein and high in fibre, they’ll give you a great head start in the morning.
If you’re looking for more great vegan recipes to spice up your repertoire, or even make some big lifestyle changes, we have the perfect book for you. This recipe for overnight oats comes from BOSH! Healthy Vegan, a cookbook packed full of ideas to turn your classics into vegan staples.
- The night before you want to eat your Tropical Overnight Oats place the oats, almonds, cashews and flaked coconut on the baking tray (keeping them separate) and bake in the oven for 5 minutes, until golden brown (be careful they don’t burn).
- Place the oats and dried fruit in an airtight container, pour in the milk and add the salt | Stir everything together, put the lid on and put the container in the fridge.
- Roughly chop the toasted nuts and put them in a separate container along with the flaked coconut. Put the lid on and set to one side.
- Slice the mango lengthways down either side of the stone, spoon out the flesh, cut the mango into bite-sized chunks and put the chunks in a container. Zest the lime into the container. Put the lid on the container and put the container in the fridge.
- The following morning layer the overnight oats, nuts, chopped fruit, yoghurt, mint leaves and flaxseeds. Halve the passionfruit. Serve the oats immediately, with the passionfruit halves.
- 100g rolled oats
- 10g almonds (skin on)
- 10g cashews
- 5g flaked coconut
- 20g dried fruit
- 250ml unsweetened plant-based milk
- A pinch of salt
- 1 medium mango
- 1 lime
- 200g unsweetened plant-based yoghurt
- A small handful of fresh mint leaves
- ½ tbsp flaxseeds
- 1 passionfruit
Top Tip for making BOSH! Tropical overnight oats
Make sure you add enough liquid so your overnight oats aren't too dry, but not too much either otherwise they'll be too wet.
Juneteenth 2021: when and how to celebrate the significant holiday
Everything you need to know for this year's Juneteenth
By Danielle Valente •
The Devil Wears Prada cast reunited to celebrate the film's 15-year anniversary
The Devil Wears Prada cast, including Anne Hathaway and Meryl Streep, got together for the 15th anniversary of the film
By Rylee Johnston •
Schitt's Creek's Annie Murphy gives a voice to overlooked sitcom wives
The new AMC show takes a look at what would happen if the typical sitcom wife was allowed to speak up
By Rylee Johnston •