Our Christmas breakfast granola is a light and nutty breakfast dish with warming winter spices. We’ve used gold lustre to give the nuts in this granola some festive sparkle. Our Christmas breakfast granola is jewelled with dried fruits, making it look so luxurious. This festive granola is perfect when paired with thick Greek yoghurt or Icelandic Skyr, as well as fresh fruit or a winter berry compote. You can make a big batch of this Christmas breakfast granola and store it in an airtight container to enjoy on winter mornings. This delicious breakfast option is gluten free, as long as you make sure to use gluten free oats, dairy free and suitable for vegans. Gold lustre spray is what gives this Christmas breakfast granola its festive sparkle, and can be bought in supermarkets. Once you have this pot of sparkle, you can add a golden touch to other dishes and desserts, such as chocolates and cakes.
HOW TO MAKE CHRISTMAS BREAKFAST GRANOLA
- 300g oats
- 6tbsp maple syrup
- 2tbsp vegetable oil
- 1tbsp honey
- 2tsp cinnamon
- 2tsp mixed spice
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1tsp sea salt
- 70g pistachios
- 75g dried apricots, chopped
- 75g dried cranberries
For the nuts:
- 70g pecans
- 70g hazelnuts
- 1tsp maple syrup
- 1tsp mixed spice
- gold edible glitter spray (available from Sainsbury’s)
- Heat the oven to 180C. Mix the oats, syrup, oil, honey, pistachios, spices, vanilla and salt, and put on a baking tray lined with baking parchment. Bake for 20 mins, then leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine the pecans, hazelnuts, maple syrup and mixed spice, then roast on a separate baking tray for 15 minutes. Leave to cool then spray with gold glitter.
- Combine the granola mixture, nut mixture, pistachios, apricots and cranberries. Store in an airtight container.
Meghan Markle has decided not to have a baby shower for this reason
No lavish celebrations this time around
By Danielle Valente •
Alex Rodriguez speaks out for the first time since J.Lo and Ben Affleck reunion
News of Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck has spread, and now Alex Rodriguez is finally saying something
By Rylee Johnston •
Celebrity-favorite brand Rag & Bone is having a huge secret sale right now
Saks Off 5th is having a secret sale on Rag & Bone, a celebrity-favorite of Katie Holmes, Jennifer Anniston, and Jennifer Garner
By Rylee Johnston •