Sign up to our free daily email for the latest royal and entertainment news, interesting opinion, expert advice on styling and beauty trends, and no-nonsense guides to the health and wellness questions you want answered.
Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
California is the USA's wild child: the most sun-soaked and free-spirited of all of the States. It's also one of the most spectacular - with epic national parks, fun-loving cities and the kind of naturally beautiful beaches that daydreams are made of. You'll never be short of amazing things to do in California.
But, be warned! These photos will make you want to hop on the next flight - armed with your sense of adventure, camera, and a fishbowl-sized wine glass for all that sweet Napa Valley nectar...
1. Hit the beach in Santa Monica
2. Catch sunrise at Mojave National Preserve
3. Explore Emerald Lake in the Mammoth Lakes Basin
4. Go hiking in Yosemite National Park
5. See the mirror-like waters of Yosemite Valley
6. Soak up the iconic view of Golden Gate Bridge
7. Sample the fruits (and wines) of Napa Valley
More like this: 21 of the world's most spectacular swimming pools (opens in new tab)
8. Explore Los Angeles
9. Take the Pacific Coast Highway across Bixby Bridge
10. Meet the residents of the California Sea Otter Refuge
Read more: 12 of the best places to travel alone
Read more: The ultimate Europe bucket list - 23 things you must see and do in your lifetime (opens in new tab)
11. Go dolphin watching in Monterey Bay
12. Soak up views of Big Sur
13. See the wild beauty of the Pacific Ocean
14. Hit the beach in Santa Barbara
All images from Alamy
Our beauty editor’s honest Remington Proluxe You Adaptive Straightener review
This in-depth Remington Proluxe You Adaptive Straightener review has all the detail you need on the smart styler
By Jess Beech • Published
Princess Anne's wildly futuristic sunglasses prove she's always had a love for funky accessories
Princess Anne's wildly futuristic sunglasses from 1966 show that the Princess Royal has always had a penchant for avant-garde looks
By Laura Harman • Published