- 75g (3oz) fresh white breadcrumbs
- 4tbsp green olive tapenade
- 4 large skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg, beaten
- 100g (4oz) wild rocket
- 1 x 280g jar grilled artichoke hearts in oil, drained
- 12 peppadews (in jars, widely available)
- 200g (7oz) new potatoes, scrubbed, cooked and sliced
- 2tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 70g pkt sliced pancetta, grilled until crisp
- For the dressing:
- 2tsp Dijon mustard
- 2tsp thick Balsamic vinegar (eg Belazu)
- 3tbsp olive oil
Preheat the oven to 200 C, 180 C fan, 400 F, gas 6. Mix the breadcrumbs with the green olive tapenade. Dip the chicken breasts in the beaten egg and press the breadcrumb mixture on top, patting down well. Place on an oiled baking tray and cook for approximately 20 minutes or until the top is crisp and brown, and the chicken cooked through.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool. To make the dressing, place the Dijon mustard in a bowl, whisk in the balsamic vinegar and the olive oil, as well as 1tbsp warm water.
To assemble the salad, place the rocket leaves in a large serving bowl, and scatter over the artichokes, peppers, potatoes and pine nuts. Slice the chicken thickly and lay on top of the salad, crumble over the pancetta, pour over the dressing and serve.
Top Tip for making Green Olive Crusted Chicken with Crisp Pancetta, Rocket and Rich Balsamic Dressing
Prepare all the individual components the day before. Assemble the dish an hour before serving, cover with clingfilm and store in a cool place.