Sign up to our free daily email for the latest royal and entertainment news, interesting opinion, expert advice on styling and beauty trends, and no-nonsense guides to the health and wellness questions you want answered.
Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s Santa Barbara home was reportedly invaded twice over Christmas by an intruder.
- According to TMZ, police arrested an alleged trespasser, Nickolas Brooks
- It is thought he was caught at their home on Christmas Eve and again on Boxing Day, though it is unclear if Prince Harry and Meghan were at home
- It follows royal news that Meghan Markle plans to give this pricey heirloom to her daughter
More from Woman&Home:
According to TMZ, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have suffered an invasion of their privacy after an intruder allegedly managed to enter their 11-bedroom mansion over Christmas.
The suspect, Nickolas Brooks, 37, is thought to have driven from Ohio and was first found at the property on December 24. TMZ report that officers with the Santa Barbara County Sheriff let him off with a warning.
The report adds that he was found there again on December 26, arrested and later charged with one count of misdemeanour trespassing.
The shocking news comes just days after Prince Harry and Meghan Markle opened up to Oprah Winfrey about a lack of security following their decision to step back as senior royals.
At one point the couple moved into Tyler Perry’s $18 million mansion and used his security team, having had their own protection cut off.
Meghan explained, “We needed a house, and he offered us security as well, so it gave us breathing room to try and figure out what we are going to do.”
Prince Harry added, “'The biggest concern was that while we were in Canada, in someone else' house, and then I got told at short notice that security was going to be removed.
“So suddenly it dawned on me, hang on a second, the borders could be closed, we're going to have our security removed, who knows how long lockdown is going to be.
“The world knows where we are. It's not safe. It's not secure.”
Prince Harry was shocked to learn his security would be revoked following their “change in status” as he was “born” into this position.
"I never thought I would have my security removed, because I was born in to this position," he told Oprah. "I inherited the risk. So that was a shock to me."
Georgia writes across Woman & Home and Good to Know and specialises in all things royal. Previously labelled the "Queen of the royals," Georgia knows the whose who and what's what when it comes to the monarchy. When she's not eagerly following the royal family, Georgia enjoys shopping and self-care. She lives with this motto in mind; "if your dreams don't scare you, they aren't big enough."
As usual, Salma Hayek looks absolutely incredible in this plunging green gown that everyone is talking about
Magic Mike’s Last Dance star Salma Hayek donned the gorgeous dress at pal Marc Anthony’s wedding in Miami
By Anna Rahmanan • Published
This is not a drill: Julia Roberts and Jennifer Aniston will star in a body swap comedy a la Freaky Friday
The comedy film we never knew we needed is reportedly in the works starring the amazing Julia Roberts and Jennifer Aniston
By Anna Rahmanan • Published