Looking to stock up on the best reusable face masks? No problem. We've rounded up a stylish edit of pretty face masks that are sure to brighten your day.
As the pandemic has rolled on, face masks have evolved. Gone are the days when wearing one meant looking like an off-duty health professional. And they don't need to be bland or plain black either. Stylish reusable face masks now come in an array of colors and prints, with retailers big and small creating new designs almost daily.
The wardrobe staple we never expected to need, reusable face masks have quickly become as much part of our everyday outfits as a pair of our best leggings and a comfy t-shirt. The perfect one may even grant you enough social clout from a back-to-school trends perspective.
But there are of course lots of things to consider when buying a stylish face mask. Is it comfortable to wear? Do you feel able to breathe freely when wearing it? Is the mask material right for sensitive skin? Can it be popped into the washing machine after use? And perhaps more trivially, does it look good?
It's also a good idea to be sure of how to wear a face mask properly, so that you are still protecting both yourself, your loved ones, and those who are vulnerable, and how to stop your glasses fogging up when wearing a face mask too.
Just be aware that these reusable face masks are non-medical, so are not guaranteed to stop coronavirus and are not suitable for environments where medical-grade PPE is required.
Best reusable face masks - quick links:
If you're looking for a pretty and stylish face mask, then we recommend checking out the following brands:
- Face masks at Anthropologie - from £8 (opens in new tab)
- Face masks at Boden - from £17 (opens in new tab)
- Face masks at Hobbs - from £25 (opens in new tab)
- Face masks at John Lewis - from £10 (opens in new tab)
- Face masks at Not on the High Street - from £2 (opens in new tab)
- Face masks at Oliver Bonas - from £8 (opens in new tab)
- Face masks at The White Company - from £10 (opens in new tab)
- Face masks at Whistles - from £12 (opens in new tab)
The best reusable face masks
Cloth reusable face masks
- Blue Stripes Face Mask at Marta Scarampi for £12 (opens in new tab)
- Face Mask at Hush for £10 (opens in new tab)
- POPPY + SAGE Reusable Face Mask at Wolf & Badger for £13 (opens in new tab)
- Alice Print Face Covering at Mint Velvet for £8 (opens in new tab)
Klein and Wallace 100% Cotton Face Mask
RRP: £7.50 | Composition: 100% cotton | Lined: Yes | Machine washable: Not specfied by brand
Klein and Wallace London based boutique, Klein and Wallace are making a range of beautiful face masks. £2.50 from each sale is being donated to the UK'S NHS. The masks are 100% cotton, breathable & washable. They're also double-layered and have an adjustable toggle to ensure a secure fit. Klein and Wallace also sell children's masks for £5.50
- 100% Cotton Face Mask at Klein and Wallace for £7.50 (opens in new tab)
Vistaprint Flower Re-useable Face Mask
RRP: £17.50 | Composition: 91.7% polyester fibre, 8.3% spandex | Lined: Yes | Machine washable: Yes
These lightweight face coverings from Vistaprint are made with materials that wick away moisture, so they're comfortable to wear all day long. The company is also donating a portion of all profits made on the coverings to communities impacted by the virus.
- Flower Re-useable Face Mask at Vistaprint for £17.50 (opens in new tab)
Newt London Zesty Print Reversible Face Mask
RRP: £15 | Composition: Not specified by brand | Lined: Yes | Machine washable: Yes
If you're looking for something unique and colourful then head to Newt. This sustainable and reusable facemask and has two layers of fabric made from recycled waste plastic bottles.
- Zesty Print Reversible Face Mask at Newt London for £15 (opens in new tab)
Casetify Reusable Cloth Mask
RRP: £12 | Composition: Not specified by brand | Lined: Not specified by brand | Machine washable: Yes
CASETiFY has donated 35,000 masks to Direct Relief, and will continue to donate a surgical mask for every mask sold. The reusable face masks are with breathable cotton materials, washable, and fitted with a filter to help fight the spread.
- Reusable Cloth Mask at Casetify for £12 (opens in new tab)
- Adult Contour Face Mask With Filter Pocket at Gap for £2.95-£4.95 (opens in new tab)
Silk and satin reusable face masks
Florence Bridge Ballet Slipper Face Mask
RRP: £19.99 | Composition: 100% cotton lining, silk outer | Lined: Yes | Machine washable: Yes
As the name suggests, this pink satin face mask is reminiscent of a ballet slipper. It comes with a 100% cotton lining and the straps can be tied in two different ways.
- Ballet Slipper Face Mask at Florence Bridge for £19.99 (opens in new tab)
Rixo Floral-Print Recycled Silk-Blend Face Covering
RRP: £26 | Composition: 70% silk, 30% cotton | Lined: No | Machine washable: Yes
Rixo is known for its gorgeous floral dresses but it's well worth checking out its face masks, too. This recycled silk one is great for sensitive skin.
- Rixo Floral-Print Recycled Silk-Blend Face Covering at Selfridge's for £26 (opens in new tab)
Slip Silk Face Covering
RRP: £39 | Composition: 100% mulberry silk, 100% cotton lining | Lined: Yes | Machine washable: Yes
Silk face masks are being recommended for those who are suffering with 'maskne' (mask acne) as a result of wearing their face covering, and so this Slip silk offering is a great option. Slip are one of the top-rated brands for silk products - they also do much-loved pillow (opens in new tab) cases and eye masks.
Reusable face mask multipacks
Studio Hop Three Reusable Washable Cotton Print Face Masks
RRP: £18 for three | Composition: 100% cotton | Lined: Yes | Machine washable: Yes
This pretty pack of three from Not On The High Street are made with two-layered cotton fabric and adjustable elasticated straps for optimum comfort.
- Studio Hop Three Reusable Washable Cotton Print Face Masks at Not On The High Street for $25.40/£18 (opens in new tab)
Lands' End Adults' Reusable Face Covering Masks, 3 Pack
RRP: £15 | Composition: 100% cotton poplin | Lined: Yes | Machine washable: No
We love the daytime casual design on these practical masks that feature a handy opening for you to pop in a filter for extra protection. And they even come in a bunch of different designs.
- Adults' Reusable Face Covering Masks, 3 Pack at Lands' End for £15 (opens in new tab)
Fabbies V&A Inspired by William Morris DIY Face Mask Sewing Kit
RRP: £20 for six | Composition: 100% cotton | Lined: No | Machine washable: Yes
The perfect antidote to lockdown boredom, put your crafting skills to the test by making your very own masks. The William Morris inspired prints are gorgeous.
- Fabbies V&A Inspired by William Morris DIY Face Mask Sewing Kit at John Lewis for £20 (opens in new tab)
Mango 2 Pack Reusable Homologated Facemask
RRP: £12.99 for two | Composition: 100% polyester | Lined: No | Machine washable: Yes
Mango has long been our go-to for stylish shapes and on-trend prints and their face mask collection is no exception. These green gingham beauties are our top pick.
- 2 Pack Reusable Homologated Facemask at Mango for £12.99 (opens in new tab)
Seasalt Shaped Organic Cotton Face Coverings
RRP: £19.95 for three | Composition: 100% organic cotton | Lined: Yes | Machine washable: Yes
Designed in Seasalt's signature fabrics, their pack of three non-medical face coverings are made from 100% organic cotton. The shaped, 3-layer design and adjustable ear loops help ensure a close fit.
- Shaped Organic Cotton Face Coverings at Seasalt Cornwall for £19.95 (opens in new tab)
Boden Non-Medical Face Coverings
RRP: £20 for three | Composition: 95% viscose 5% elastane | Lined: Yes | Machine washable: Yes
Boden's pack of 3 face masks come in a mystery mix of their vibrant prints and designs. They are made from off-cuts, making them eco-friendly too. The masks feature wire across the nose to help achieve a close fit.
- Non-Medical Face Coverings at Boden for £20 (opens in new tab)
Lavender Hill Clothing Cotton Face Masks
RRP: £25 for three | Composition: 100% cotton | Lined: Yes | Machine washable: Yes
Now available in 9 different colourways these 100% cotton masks come with a handy cotton pouch. Lavender Hill will donate three facemasks to the Katherine Low settlement in Battersea, London for every purchase.
- Clothing Cotton Face Masks at Lavender Hill for £25 (opens in new tab)
Liberty Assorted Upcycled Tana Lawn™ Cotton Face Coverings
RRP: £45 for five | Composition: Outer:100% Tana Lawn™ Cotton, lining 100% cotton | Lined: Yes | Machine washable: Yes
Liberty London Designed in-house, the Tana Lawn™ cotton face coverings feature an assortment of classic Liberty designs. The masks will retains their specialist treatment for up to 20 washes.
- Assorted Upcycled Tana Lawn™ Cotton Face Coverings at Liberty London for £45 (opens in new tab)
The Cool Face Mask New York White
RRP: £13.99 for two | Composition: 96% Polyamide, 4% Elastane | Lined: Yes | Machine washable: Yes
The Cool Face Mask These masks are made of an antimicrobial fibre and treated to be water repellent, breathable and odor-blocking. Machine washable up to 30 times.
- The New York Face Mask at The Cool Face Mask for £13.99 (opens in new tab)
Charity face masks that donate to important UK causes
The Bias Cut Animal Print Face Covering
RRP: £16 | Composition: Poly-blend jersey | Lined: Yes | Machine washable: Yes
These fun, colorful animal print face coverings have been created by the-Bias-Cut.com, handmade in London and made from jersey quilted fabric for a comfortable fit. Each design also features the brand's #AgeismIsNeverInStyle hashtag on the bottom of the mask too. For every face covering sold, £5 will be donated to charity Hospice UK.
- Animal Print Face Covering at The Bias Cut for £16 (opens in new tab)
Plümo Organic Linen Mask
RRP: £10 | Composition: 100% linen | Lined: Yes | Machine washable: Yes
Handmade from four layers of organic linen, a fabric that has naturally antibacterial properties, Plümo's masks have elasticated ear loops and come in 4 colours. For every mask sold, Plümo is donating to UK charity Masks for NHS Heroes.
- Organic Linen Mask at Plümo for £10 (opens in new tab)