This dessert is a firm favourite for a special occasion - and scattering rose petals is an absolute must!
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 5 large free-range egg whites
- Pinch of salt
- 180g unrefined golden caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon rosewater, or to taste
- 60g pistachios, plus extra to decorate, finely chopped
- A few rose petals, to decorate
- 300ml double cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unrefined icing sugar, or to taste
- 400g strawberries
For the perfect pavlova recipe that's easy to make and tastes great if you've got guests coming, give this rosewater and pistachio pavlova with strawberries a go as your next dinner party recipe and your diners will be more than impressed!
HOW TO MAKE ROSEWATER AND PISTACHIO PAVLOVA WITH STRAWBERRIES
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a baking sheet with baking parchment and mark on it a circle 25cm in diameter.
- Mix the cornflour and vinegar until thoroughly combined and lump-free. In a large clean bowl, whisk the egg whites with the saåçlt until stiff peaks form, then add the sugar 1 tablespoon at a time, alternating with small amounts of the vinegar mix, until everything is thoroughly combined. The meringue should be thick, smooth and glossy. Fold through the rosewater and half the pistachio nuts.
- Using a large spoon, dollop the mixture a spoonful at a time just inside the circle on your parchment, then add another layer if you need more height. Lastly fill the centre, thus creating a large nest-like shape with beautiful swirls. (Use your finger, if you like, to create extra flicks and shapes.) Sprinkle over the remaining pistachios.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and immediately turn down the oven to 100ÅãC. Bake the meringue for 2 hours. It is done when the outside is crispy and when tapped, the bottom should be firm, then turn off the oven but leave the door slightly ajar and allow the meringue to cool in the oven.
- When you are ready to serve, whip the cream until soft peaks form, then fold in the vanilla extract and icing sugar to taste. Hull the strawberries and cut into halves or quarters, depending on size.
- Place the meringue on a serving plate, spoon the cream into the centre, cover with the strawberries, and sprinkle with rose petals and chopped pistachios. Enjoy with all your favourite people.
Get the best entertainment news, recipes, fashion, beauty and wellbeing advice for you. For FREE.Sign up
More Meringue Recipes
More Nut Recipes
dinner party Recipes
More Dinner party Recipes
More Dessert Recipes