Make this simple starter special with a mixture of wild mushrooms and herbs - ideal for vegetarians!
- 50g(2oz) butter
- 500g (1lb 2oz) wild mushrooms, sliced
- 2garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 3tbsp fresh rosemary, roughly chopped
- 3tbsp fresh thyme, leaves picked
- 4large slices sough dough
- 2 tbsp (30ml) olive oil
Transform this starter into canapes by using thin slices of a slim baguette and topping with a slice or two of wild mushrooms.
If you’re entertaining, this bruschetta recipe makes for the perfect starter option to try. This dish is vegetarian friendly, so it’s a great one to try if you’re entertaining vegetarians, but since mushrooms tend to be quite meaty in texture, any meat eaters will love it too. Mushrooms are full of antioxidants, vitamin C and iron along with protein, copper and potassium, so including them in your diet is a great way to get some essential vitamins.
Ready in 20 minutes, this dish serves four people and makes for a great dinner party starter option. Try it once and you’ll not forget it.
- Heat half the butter in a large frying pan over a high heat until bubbling. Add half of the mushrooms and fry for 3-4 minutes then stir through half the garlic and herbs. Season well then cook for a further 3-4 minutes until golden and tender.
- Transfer to a bowl and keep warm while you repeat with the remaining butter, mushrooms and herbs.
- Heat the grill to high, brush the sourdough slices with the olive oil and place under the grill for 30 seconds until golden. Spoon the mushrooms over the toasts to serve and drizzle with the remaining oil.
Get the best entertainment news, recipes, fashion, beauty and wellbeing advice for you. For FREE.Sign up