Made with wholemeal flour, these banana choc chip muffins are healthier than usual but just as nice!
- 350g( 12oz) ripe peeled bananas
- 150g (5oz) light muscovado sugar
- 75ml (3floz) sunflower oil
- 2 medium eggs
- 150g (6oz) plain flour
- 150g (6oz) wholemeal flour
- 100g (4oz) plain choc chips
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- a muffin tin with 9 large deep or 12 smaller paper muffin cases
Set the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4
Mash the banana, then beat in the sugar, oil and eggs.
Stir in the plain and wholemeal flours, chocolate chips, baking powder and cinnamon, until well mixed.
Spoon the mixture equally between the muffin cases, and bake for about 25 minutes for smaller or 35 for deeper cakes or until risen and just firm to the touch
Remove from the oven, lift out the muffins and leave them to cool.
Get the best entertainment news, recipes, fashion, beauty and wellbeing advice for you. For FREE.Sign up