This delicious dinner party recipe has an added boozy element - perfect to finish off your meal!
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE AND GRAND MARNIER MINI MACAROONS
- Preheat the oven to 150C/130C fan/300F/Gas 2. Line two baking sheets with greaseproof paper or silicone sheets. Place the almonds, icing sugar and cocoa powder in a food processor and whiz until fine.
- Using an electric hand whisk beat the eggs to soft peaks, then gradually whisk in the sugar until glossy.
- Sift the almond mixture over the egg whites and gently fold through with a large metal spoon. Spoon into a piping bag with a 1cm nozzle and pipe 2.5cm (1in) rounds onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Tap the baking sheets twice on the work surface to flatten out the macaroons and to dislodge any air bubbles. Leave on the side to rest for 30 minutes or until they have formed a skin so that you can touch them lightly. Transfer to the oven to bake for 10-12 minutes then leave to cool completely.
- Using an electric hand whisk beat the butter, icing sugar and grand marnier together until light and fluffy. Using a small palette knife spread over the bases of half the macaroons or fill a piping bag and pipe on, then sandwich together with the other halves. Sprinkle over the edible gold dust and serve.
- 125g (4½oz) ground almond
- 175g (6oz) icing sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 large free range egg whites
- 85g (3½oz) caster sugar
- 75g (3oz) salted butter, softened
- 50g (2oz) icing sugar
- 1 tbsp grand marnier
- pinch edible gold dust
Top Tip for making Chocolate and Grand Marnier Mini Macaroons
Macaroons are very vulnerable to humidity & smells so store in a sealable tupperware between greaseproof paper in the fridge.
Meghan Markle has decided not to have a baby shower for this reason
No lavish celebrations this time around
By Danielle Valente •
Alex Rodriguez speaks out for the first time since 'Bennifer' reunion
New of Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck has spread, and now Alex Rodriguez is finally saying something
By Rylee Johnston •
This celebrity-favorite brand is having a secret sale you need to shop now
Saks Off 5th is having a secret sale on rag & bone, a celebrity-favorite of Katie Holmes, Jennifer Anniston, and Jennifer Garner
By Rylee Johnston •