King Prawn and Peppadew Linguine
Such a quick recipe that packs a real punch. If you like chilli, go for the hot Peppadews – they have a great kick
- 350g (12oz) linguine
- 4tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g (14oz) ready-cooked king prawns
- 12 Peppadews, sliced
- handful parsley leaves, finely chopped
- juice 1 lemon, plus extra wedges, to serve
Prawns are a great source of protein and will really help to make you feel full while they actually contain relatively little calories. While the linguine will fill you up and not leave you craving anything.
In this dish we’ve used garlic and peppadews to create a delicious and fragrant spice that packs a real punch – so if you love your food with a hit of spice, you’ll definitely love this dish.
Serve it up with lemon wedges, parsley and lemon juice for a real treat of a meal that makes enough to feed a whole crowd but is ready in just 25 minutes. The perfect treat if you don’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen.
- Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions. When cooked, remove, drain and set aside to steam. Pour the oil into the pan and reduce the heat. Add the garlic and allow to warm through. The garlic should begin to smell fragrant but shouldn’t sizzle – lower the heat if it does.
- When the garlic has turned from opaque to white, toss through the pasta and add the king prawns, Peppadews, parsley and lemon juice. Season and serve immediately, with extra lemon wedges.