Super simple to make – these mini carrot muffins are ideal as an anytime treat or for lunch boxes
- 325g (11oz) plain flour
- 125g (41/2oz) wholemeal flour
- 1tbsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2tbsp ground cinnamon
- 300g (10oz) unrefined caster sugar
- 300ml (1/2pt) light vegetable oil or other flavourless oil
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 100g (4oz) each chopped walnuts, desiccated coconut and sultanas
- 300g (10oz) carrots, grated
- 250g (9oz) tinned pineapple chunks, drained and puréed
- 280g (10oz) Philadelphia cream cheese
- 100g (3½ oz) butter, softened
- 100g (3½ oz) icing sugar, sifted
- 24 muffin cases and 2 x 12-hole muffin tins
- Preheat the oven to 180 C, 160 C fan, 350 F, gas 4. Sift the dry ingredients into a bowl. Add the oil, eggs and vanilla. Beat, then stir in the nuts, coconut, sultanas, carrots and pineapple. Divide the mixture between the muffin cases and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned and a skewer comes out clean. Cool for 30 minutes in their tins.
- For the icing, beat half the cream cheese with the butter and sugar until combined then add the rest of the cream cheese. Refrigerate until required.
- Fill a piping bag with your icing mixture and pipe swirls on to of each cupcake to finish, or simply spoon over the top.
Get the best entertainment news, recipes, fashion, beauty and wellbeing advice for you. For FREE.Sign up
More Muffin Recipes
More Carrot Recipes