By Jane Curran
Lamb is such a traditional Easter recipe that it’s hard to imagine the holiday without it. But this year why not switch up your usual roast lamb recipe for this gorgeous slow roasted Greek-style leg of lamb for a change?
Marinated in garlic, lemon and herbs, this lamb will be bursting with delicious flavour and the meat is wonderfully tender thanks to its slow cooking time. Serve it up with a pile of sticky potatoes and watch the family tuck in this Easter Sunday for a job well done.
HOW TO MAKE SLOW ROAST GREEK-STYLE LEG OF LAMB
- a whole leg of lamb (around 2.2kg), bone-in
- 1kg king Edward potatoes, peeled and halved
- a large handful of fresh oregano
- tbsp sunfower oil
For the marinade:
- 5 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 25g oregano, leaves only 15g mint, leaves only
- zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1 cinnamon stick, roughly broken
- tsp ground cinnamon
- 4tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- In a food processor, blend all the marinade ingredients until smooth. Using a sharp knife, make small slashes over the lamb, rub with the marinade and set aside in the fridge overnight. Allow to come to room temperature before roasting.
- Heat the oven to 200C, gas 6. Lay the potatoes in a large roasting tin and put the meat on top on a rack. Sprinkle over the oregano, drizzle with any extra marinade and the oil, season and add 4tbsp water to the tin. Roast for 20 minutes then turn down the oven to 180C, gas 4 and roast for 1 hour and 25-35 minutes. Leave to rest for 15 minutes before carving. Serve with spring vegetables.
Shop the secret sale featuring one of Meghan Markle and Jennifer Lopez's favorite designer bags
Meghan Markle and Jennifer Lopez have been seen sporting this well-known brand
By Rylee Johnston •
This TikTok ab dance is going viral—but you should know this before you try it
Read before attempting!
By Danielle Valente •
This bra brand caters to small-chested women—and shoppers are obsessed
For a supportive bra without the discomfort of wires, Pepper's wireless bras have quickly become a fan-favorite of shoppers
By Rylee Johnston •