By Jane Curran
Lamb is such a traditional Easter recipe that it’s hard to imagine the holiday without it. But this year why not switch up your usual roast lamb recipe for this gorgeous slow roasted Greek-style leg of lamb for a change?
Marinated in garlic, lemon and herbs, this lamb will be bursting with delicious flavour and the meat is wonderfully tender thanks to its slow cooking time. Serve it up with a pile of sticky potatoes and watch the family tuck in this Easter Sunday for a job well done.
HOW TO MAKE SLOW ROAST GREEK-STYLE LEG OF LAMB
- a whole leg of lamb (around 2.2kg), bone-in
- 1kg king Edward potatoes, peeled and halved
- a large handful of fresh oregano
- tbsp sunfower oil
For the marinade:
- 5 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 25g oregano, leaves only 15g mint, leaves only
- zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1 cinnamon stick, roughly broken
- tsp ground cinnamon
- 4tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- In a food processor, blend all the marinade ingredients until smooth. Using a sharp knife, make small slashes over the lamb, rub with the marinade and set aside in the fridge overnight. Allow to come to room temperature before roasting.
- Heat the oven to 200C, gas 6. Lay the potatoes in a large roasting tin and put the meat on top on a rack. Sprinkle over the oregano, drizzle with any extra marinade and the oil, season and add 4tbsp water to the tin. Roast for 20 minutes then turn down the oven to 180C, gas 4 and roast for 1 hour and 25-35 minutes. Leave to rest for 15 minutes before carving. Serve with spring vegetables.
Chris Appleton's new mask delivers that JLo glow for hair
The Chris Appleton Color Wow MONEY Masque makes dull, frazzled strands look expensive in just 5 minutes.
By Fiona Embleton •
Queen reportedly ‘distraught’ over husband Prince Philip’s ‘health setback’
It's claimed it's been a 'rough few weeks' for the monarch
By Emma Shacklock •
Kate Garraway rocks a retro look in bright yellow with an inspiring message to fans
Kate Garraway looks cool and collected on her way to work
By Laura Harman •