Nutrition per portion
- 125g (4.5 oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 125g (4.5 2oz) light soft brown sugar
- 1 free-range egg
- 100g (4oz) plain flour, sieved
- 1tsp baking powder
- 2tbsp cocoa powder
- 150g (5oz) dark chocolate, cut into chunks
- you will need:
- 2 x baking sheets, lined with Bakewell paper
Preheat oven to 180 C, 160 C fan, 350 F, gas 4. Place the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat. Follow with the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and chocolate chunks, and mix well.
Place walnut-sized rounds of the mixture on the baking sheets, leaving room for the cookies to spread. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until cooked and crisp around the edges.
Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes on the baking trays before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.