Nutrition per portion
- 75g (3oz) unsalted butter
- 150g (5oz) digestive biscuits, crushed
- 1 jar dulce de leche, eg Merchant Gourmet
- 5 bananas, thinly sliced
- 200ml (7fl oz) half-fat crème fraîche
- 250ml (9fl oz) Greek yogurt
- 2tbsp icing sugar, sifted
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 75g (3oz) dark chocolate – 50g (2oz) melted, 25g (1oz) grated
- You will need
- 8 ramekins or glass dishes
Melt the butter in a large frying pan over a low heat. When it is bubbling, add the biscuits, mix well and toast for 3 minutes. Squash 2tbsp of biscuit crumbs into the bottom of each ramekin and make level. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes.
Spread the dulce de leche over the biscuit base. Thinly slice three of the bananas and cover the dulce de leche with a layer of sliced bananas. Mix together the crème fraîche, yogurt, icing sugar and vanilla extract and spoon over the sliced bananas. Chill in the fridge.
To make the chocolate-dipped bananas, thickly slice the remaining bananas on the diagonal and half dip in the melted chocolate. Place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and put in the freezer until the chocolate has set. To serve, put two chocolate-dipped bananas in each ramekin and sprinkle with grated chocolate.