Nutrition per portion
- 300g dried chickpeas, soaked overnight and drained
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 3tsp toasted cumin seeds, crushed
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and chopped
- large handful coriander, stalks discarded
- 3tbsp olive oil
- juice ½-1 lemon, to taste
Cover the chickpeas with boiling water and cook for 20-30 minutes until tender, then drain, reserving 200ml of the cooking liquid – the flavour is better than using tinned chickpeas.
Allow to cool, blend with all other ingredients, adding the reserved water until you’re happy with the texture. Season.