- 20g (¾oz) unsalted butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 100g (4oz) streaky bacon, sliced
- 200g (7oz) chestnut button mushrooms, sliced
- 125g (4½oz) fine asparagus, chopped into 3cm lengths
- 250g (9oz) stale bread, cubed
- 100g (4oz) mature cheddar, grated
- 5 medium eggs
- 250ml (9fl oz) milk
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/350F/Gas 4. Melt the butter in a large frying pan and add onion, pancetta & mushroom and cook for 10 minutes until soft.
Place the asparagus in a large pan of boiling water and simmer for 2 minutes. Refresh in cold water. Transfer to a large bowl and stir through the onion, pancetta & mushroom, cubed bread and cheese.
Lightly whisk the eggs in a jug then stir through the milk, mustard and salt. Pour over the bread mix and stir well to combine.
Line a 12 hole muffin with muffin cases. Spoon the mixture into the cases and transfer to the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden.
Top Tip for making Asparagus, Mushroom and Bacon Stratas
These can be made with all sorts of vegetables or cheeses so mix up what you have in the fridge.