A step-by-step guide to five simple yet sophisticated nail art looks - try them today!
Just when you thought we had reached peak nail art, along comes a new take on the trend that’s chic, sophisticated and best of all, simple to achieve.
- Be prepared! Have an old lip brush and some acetone ready to help clean up any mistakes, they’re inevitable.
- Work on a stable surface so you have something to rest your hand on, this should help you keep things as neat as possible.
- Don’t be too uniform with a design – they often look more fun and less try hard when applied randomly.
- Leave enough time between coats to ensure that each one is dry – a little tedious, but also essential!
- If you are using two polishes, use the quick drying one over the top. This will prevent ‘crinkling’ from happening.
Apply speckles of glitter sparingly rather than one all-over layer, which can look a little cheap.
Combine two different shades of polish and swirl them together. Go complimentary or be bold and clash!