Woman and home magazine's lose an inch diet will help you lose weight quickly and easily. Here are the foods to enjoy and the ones to avoid to shed weight, reduce bloating and shape your waist.
Food to enjoy:
- Fresh veg and salad ingredients - anything with a high water and fibre content will speed your weight loss.
- Fresh fruit - any kind is fine, but anything with a high colour is really good for you. Red/blue berries top the list.
- New dairy - missing milk? Try rice or soya milk on porridge or in tea. The odd blob of soya yogurt is fine on porridge too.
- New grains - whole brown rice, brown rice noodles, 100 per cent rye crispbreads and rice cakes are okay, but keep them to breakfast and lunch only.
- Protein - choose fish, eggs, chicken, turkey, lean, fat-trimmed lamb or beef, lentils, chickpeas, tofu or Quorn.
- Water - two litres a day is essential. Herbal teas can be part of it. Green, Rooibos and Yerba Mate teas are said to help with weight loss.
- Good dressings - use the dressings in our recipes instead of the bottled stuff. Alternatively, drizzle over olive oil and lemon juice, pumpkin seed or sesame oil.
Foods to avoid:
- Potatoes - and this time no sweet potatoes either. Sorry, but it’s only three weeks and you’ll thank us for it later.
- Sugar - do we have to remind you? Skip it in all its disguises and drop it from tea and coffee too.
- Dairy - this includes all cheeses, butter, cream, yogurt and milk. Yes, even goat’s and sheep’s cheese!
- Wheat - we have nothing against it particularly, but bread, pasta, biscuits, pies and pastries are going to slow your weight loss down, so skip it for now.
- Processed foods - that includes ready- meals, processed meats (like salami and pastrami), cakes, pastries and desserts.
- Coffee and tea - the totally hooked should stick to decaff, but make sure the caffeine has been removed using the water process method - better for you.
- Naughty dressings - that means ready-made sauces, salad dressings, mayonnaise and table sauces.
Read the rules for the lose an inch diet here