The Queen has officially invited Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to her Platinum jubilee next summer—and we can't wait to see them all back together again.
- The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will attend Trooping the Colour, the Queen's official birthday parade.
- A source told the Mail on Sunday of the Queen's plan—which could be the first time they are all back together again.
- In more Royal news, Prince Charles has admitted he loves Zoom calls and will continue to use the platform after the pandemic.
Prince Harry has just returned to the UK to join Prince William at a ceremony for their late mother Princess Diana—marking her 60th birthday.
However, the Duke of Sussex could be returning with Meghan next summer as according to the Mail on Sunday the Queen has extended an olive branch to the pair—who now live in California, and officially invited them to her Platinum Jubilee celebrations.
A photo posted by on
Next year the Queen will become the first British monarch to celebrate 70 years on the throne. Earlier this month Buckingham Palace announced a four-day weekend, which will mark her Platinum Jubilee celebrations and will coincide with Trooping of the Colour.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle moved to the US in early 2020, after announcing their withdrawal as senior royals. This came two years after they tied the knot, at St George's Chapel, with Prince Harry proudly wearing his military uniform and Meghan Markle's wedding dress delighting royal fans.
They have since settled in California and the news of their invitation to the Jubilee celebrations comes as the Royal Family continues to handle the aftermath of the Sussexes’ Oprah interview revelations, which included Meghan’s claim that an unnamed royal commented on Archie’s skin color before he was born.
While the Duchess of Sussex also cleared up the speculation that Meghan made Kate Middleton cry in the lead-up to her and Prince Harry's wedding, telling her side of the story and suggesting it was the other way around. However, this news could be the olive branch that not just Meghan and Harry need, but also the rest of the royal family.
A photo posted by on
A source told the Mail on Sunday said: "The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have been invited and I'm sure the Queen is very much looking forward to seeing them there.
"The balcony moment will be decided much nearer the time but there's a limit to how many family members should be on it, and I would have thought that working royals who contribute to the family would be higher on the list than the Sussexes."
The Duke of Sussex is back in the UK to attend a memorial service for his late mother's 60th birthday at Kensington Palace on 1 July.
Tensions between the Duke of Sussex and the Royal Family are said to be at an all-time high but is expected that Prince Harry and Prince William will "put on a good show" at Diana's tribute, despite their recent feud.
Sarah is a freelance journalist - writing about the royals and celebrities for Woman & Home, fitness and beauty for the Evening Standard and how the world of work has changed due to the pandemic for the BBC.
She also covers a variety of other subjects and loves interviewing leaders and innovators in the beauty, travel and wellness worlds for numerous UK and overseas publications.
As a journalist, she has written thousands of profile pieces - interviewing CEOs, real-life case studies and celebrities - interviewing everyone from Emma Bunton to the founder of Headspace.
The best sleep apps to help you drift off and wake up refreshed every time
Always feel tired? These sleep apps track and monitor your shut-eye for a better quality snooze...
By Ciara McGinley • Published
Wondering how to get fit? Exercise your way to boosted energy levels and mental health with these easy steps
Learning how to get fit most effectively will benefit both your body and mind, whatever you age...
By Lauren Clark • Published