Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's original job at the Oscars 2022 was reportedly scrapped, over fears it could lead to an awkward moment for the iconic royal couple.
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's original job at the Oscars 2022 was reportedly scrapped over fears after organizers realized it could lead to an awkward TV moment.
- The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are expected to present the Academy Award of Best Picture next week, in what will be their visit joint appearance at the iconic Hollywood event.
- In other royal news, Kate Middleton’s royal rise risks overshadowing Duchess Camilla and Prince Charles.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are expected to present at the Oscars 2022 next Sunday, but it looks like the road to secure their attendance hasn't exactly been smooth-sailing.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have apparently accepted the honor of presenting the Academy Award for the Best Picture at the star-studded ceremony in Los Angeles on March 27, marking their first-ever joint appearance at the iconic Hollywood event.
The exciting news comes shortly after it was revealed that the couple would be skipping Prince Philip's memorial service in London on Tuesday, March 29.
However, details of Harry and Meghan's responsibilities at the glitzy affair were reportedly amended to avoid the risk of an awkward moment between them and one particular A-list actor.
It's understood that the royal couple was initially asked to present the Academy Award for Best Actress—a role that would make perfect sense considering the Duchess' impressive career in TV and film career. The appointment was changed, however, after event organizers realized that Kristin Stewart was nominated in the prestigious category for her performance in Spencer—the 2021 historical film about Princess Diana.
It's unknown whether or not Meghan and Harry have seen the flick, but sources have said that the Duke was none too happy about its release.
“He’s pretty appalled by the film," a royal insider told OK! US.
Harry hasn't ruled out all Royal Family-inspired content, however. The Duke has previously admitted to seeing 'some' of the Netflix series, The Crown, which is based on the Queen's reign throughout the decades.
"I am way more comfortable with The Crown than I am seeing stories written about my family or my wife," he said during an interview with James Corden last year. "That is obviously fiction, take it how you will. But this is being reported on as fact because you’re supposedly news. I have a real issue with that."
Emma is a news writer for woman&home and My Imperfect Life. She covers the Royal Family and the entertainment world, as well as the occasional health or lifestyle story. When she's not reporting on the British monarchy and A-list celebs, you can find her whipping up vegan treats and running the roads to cheesy '90s pop music...but not at the same time, obviously.
Harry and Meghan's secret invitation to Sadiq Khan to meet at California home rejected
London mayor Sadiq Khan reportedly turned down the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's offer during his trip to the US last week
By Emma Dooney • Published
9 perfect scents for summer, as picked by our beauty editor
These uplifting scents for summer cheat a vacation feel wherever you are in the world - from fruity notes to spicy buys, there’s something for everyone
By Rhiannon Derbyshire • Published