- for the dressing
- ½ shallot, finely chopped
- 1tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2tbsp black Kalamata olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- ¼tsp sugar
- ¼tsp salt
- ¼tsp black pepper
- for the salad
- 2 British trout fillets
- 50g (2oz) watercress
- 1 large pink grapefruit, peeled and segmented
- 100g (4oz) green beans, trimmed
- 250g (9oz) baby new potatoes
In a saucepan, cover the potatoes with lightly salted cold water, bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the beans for the final 3 minutes until both vegetables are tender.
Heat the grill to high and, on an oiled baking sheet, lay the fillets skin side up for 6 to 8 minutes until the skin looks crispy and the fish feels firm. Remove the skin and flake the fish into a large bowl with the other salad ingredients.
Prepare the dressing in a small bowl and mix well, then drizzle over the salad to serve.
Top Tip for making Trout Salad with Grapefruit, Watercress and Black Olive Dressing
For an equally delicious and still omega-3 rich salad, replace the trout with grilled mackerel.