serves:6 to 8
- 150ml (¼pt) extra virgin olive oil
- 50ml (2fl oz) red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250g (9oz) sourdough bread, torn into small pieces
- 250g (9oz) broad beans, podded and shelled
- 400g (14oz) ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 8 radishes, chopped
- 1 roasted red pepper, roughly chopped
- small handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- small handful basil leaves, roughly chopped
Mix the oil with the red wine vinegar, garlic and plenty of seasoning, move to a bowl with the bread chunks and toss to coat. Leave to soak for an hour; the bread should be moist but not soggy.
When ready to serve, add the beans, tomatoes, cucumber, radishes, red pepper and herbs to the bread and toss well.