By Jane Curran
This tender lamb recipe uses lamb neck fillet, which is a really inexpensive cut of lamb that’s really underrated. This recipe uses coriander seeds and paprika to give this tender meat a real kick of flavour that’s great for spicing up your salads.
It makes a really lovely week night dish that’s nice and light, but could also make a wonderful option the next time you’re barbecuing if you switch up the lamb neck fillet for barbecued lamb cutlets.
HOW TO MAKE SPICY LAMB FILLET WITH QUINOA SALAD
- 1tbsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 1tsp paprika
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 900g (2lb) lamb neck fillet
for the salad
- 300g (10oz) quinoa, rinsed
- 2 courgettes, sliced into thin ribbons with a ribbon peeler
- 200g (7oz) mixed tomatoes, chopped
- small bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 lemons, juiced, plus 1tbsp lemon zest, and lemon wedges, to serve
- For the lamb, mix the coriander seeds, paprika and 2tbsp of the oil, rub into the lamb and leave to marinate for 30 minutes or overnight. Heat the oven to 200C, 180C fan, 400F, gas 6. Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and brown the lamb on all sides. Place on a baking sheet lined with foil and roast for 20 minutes.
- For the salad, bring the quinoa to the boil with 600ml (1pt) water, then cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, until al dente. Allow to cool slightly then add the courgettes, tomatoes, parsley, lemon juice and zest. Season well and mix to combine. Quinoa is quite bland so you may need to add a little extra lemon or pepper. To serve, cut the lamb into slices and serve with the quinoa salad and lemon wedges.
Prince Andrew will not be attending Queen's birthday parade for Trooping the Colour in June
It's been confirmed that Prince Andrew will be absent from festivities - and here's who will be in his place during the parade
By Lauren Hughes •
This naked retreat has been named as one of 2021's best travel experiences
Nudist holidays are on the up! And this Italian retreat is predicted to be a big hit in 2021...
By Lauren Hughes •
Princess Anne told to ‘de-clutter’ her home after she shares rare look inside her home
Princess Anne told to ‘de-clutter’ her home after she shares rare view with fans
By Selina Maycock •