- knob of butter
- green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 large tomato, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tsp Turkish tomato paste or tomato purée
- 1 tsp Turkish red pepper paste
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 40g crumbled feta
- 1 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- pinch of mild chilli flakes
- flatbreads or crusty white bread to serve
Melt the butter in a pan big enough to take all the ingredients and gently fry the pepper and onion for 2 minutes, stirring. Add the chopped tomato and cook gently for 5 minutes.
Add the tomato and pepper paste, plus a tablespoon of water to loosen the mixture if your fresh tomato is not very juicy. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring to blend, then pour in the beaten eggs. Stir gently and, as they start to scramble, add the crumbled feta, parsley and chilli flakes.
Continue stirring gently to blend the eggs with the tomato. When the eggs are scrambled to your liking, remove from the heat and serve with flatbreads, pieces of baguette or crusty white bread.