- 1tbsp oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 black cardamom pods, seeds removed and crushed
- 2tsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1tsp brown sugar
- 200g (7oz) low fat natural yogurt
- 2tbsp double cream
- squeeze lime juice, plus extra lime wedges to serve
- ¼tsp sweet paprika
- 500g (1lb 2oz) cooked and cooled free-range chicken or turkey, torn
- 1 fresh mango, peeled destoned and chopped into large slices
- small bunch coriander, finely chopped
- mixed salad, to serve
In a large frying pan, heat the oil. Cook the onion until golden. Add the cardamom, coriander seeds, garlic and red chilli. Cook for 1 minute until the spices are fragrant and the garlic has softened. Stir in the sugar then set aside to cool slightly.
Combine the mixture with the yogurt, cream, lime juice and paprika. Add the chicken, mango and coriander and mix to coat. Season well.
Serve on a platter over salad leaves with lime wedges and a little coriander.
All our salads are of our favourite “make-ahead” variety and won’t wilt if they’re sitting on a serving table for an hour or so – great for a relaxed buffet meal