Heat the oil in a heavy-based frying pan or paella pan and fry the onions with a pinch of salt until they are soft. Add the garlic and pimenton, cook for a minute, then add the tomatoes, peppers, chicken, squid, white wine and rice. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
Add the saffron and stock. Season, bring to the boil then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes, without stirring.
Add the chorizo and peas, then cover and cook for an additional 15 minutes. Add the prawns towards the end of cooking.
Remove from the heat and leave to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- oil for frying
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2tsp pimenton (smoked paprika)
- 3 tomatoes, peeled, deseeded and chopped
- 2 red peppers
- 500g (1lb 2oz) chicken, chopped into chunks
- 150g (5oz) squid, chopped up
- 250ml (9fl oz) white wine
- 400g (14oz) paella rice, Bomba preferably
- pinch saffron
- 700ml (1¼pt) chicken stock
- 200g (7oz) cooked chorizo, thickly sliced then chopped
- 150g (5oz) frozen peas
- 150g (5oz) raw large prawns
Camilla Parker Bowles dedicates her book club's eclectic reading list to Prince Philip
Camilla Parker Bowles has paid tribute to Prince Philip by dedicating her book club's latest reading list to him
By Emma Dooney •
Prince Harry wrote ‘deeply personal’ note to Prince Charles to ‘set things straight’ ahead of Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral
It’s claimed he didn’t know what to expect upon his return to the UK
By Emma Shacklock •
This is how to combat the negative effects low estrogen levels have on your skin
But don't worry—there's help
By Danielle Valente •