- 4 sweet potatoes, sliced 1cm (½in) thick
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp balsamic vinegar
- zest 1 lemon
- 1tbsp each thyme and rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- 8 free-range pork sausages, cut on the diagonal
- 1 yellow and 1 orange pepper
- 1 large red onion
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 200g (7oz) soured cream and chive dip
Heat the oven to 200C, 180C fan, 400F, gas 6. Place the sweet potato on a baking sheet, drizzle with the oil and roast for 30 minutes, turning halfway through.
Mix the vinegar, lemon zest, herbs, garlic and chilli, and toss with the sausage chunks. Heat the grill to high. Chop the peppers and onion into chunks. Thread the sausages, pepper, onion and tomatoes on to 8 skewers.
Grill the skewers for 15 minutes, turning halfway, until cooked through. Serve with the sliced sweet potato and dip.
Soaking the wooden skewers in water helps stop them from burning while you cook