By Jane Curran
If you fancy a burger but aren’t sold on the thought of beef this evening, we’ve got the perfect lamb recipe to try that makes the perfect lamb burgers. These tasty lamb burgers are full of flavour thanks to the combination of spice, lemon juice and coriander.
This dish uses chermoula, which is a Middle Eastern spice that’s full of earthy spices and fresh herbs that really adds flavour to these burgers. It’s a great one to try if you’re looking to spice up your usual burger recipe too.
When it comes to actually making the burgers, it couldn’t be easier – the meat and spices are simply combined in a bowl with your hands and left to chill overnight.
They then only take 15 minutes to cook and as this recipe serves four, it’s a great week night meal as it barely takes any time at all.
HOW TO MAKE MIDDLE EASTERN LAMB BURGERS
- Combine the ingredients in a bowl, season well and mix with your hands. Form into 4 thick burgers. Chill uncovered in the fridge for 1 hour, or cover with cling film and chill overnight. These will freeze for up to 1 month.
- Oil the burgers. Grill on a hot barbecue or griddle pan for 15 minutes, turning once. We served them on a bun with a tomato slice, and a mint and yogurt dip – 5 tablespoons of chopped fresh mint leaves mixed into 150ml (¼pt) natural yogurt.
- 500g (1lb 2oz) lamb mince
- ½ red onion, grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2tsp chermoula (Moroccan seasoning)
- ½tsp ground cumin
- pinch dried chilli flakes
- juice 1 to 2 lemons
- large handful chopped fresh coriander
Meghan Markle has decided not to have a baby shower for this reason
No lavish celebrations this time around
By Danielle Valente •
Alex Rodriguez speaks out for the first time since J.Lo and Ben Affleck reunion
News of Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck has spread, and now Alex Rodriguez is finally saying something
By Rylee Johnston •
Celebrity-favorite brand Rag & Bone is having a huge secret sale right now
Saks Off 5th is having a secret sale on Rag & Bone, a celebrity-favorite of Katie Holmes, Jennifer Anniston, and Jennifer Garner
By Rylee Johnston •