- 8 free-range chicken wings
- 8 free-range chicken drumsticks or thighs
- For the marinade
- 4 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 5-7 red chillies, the seeds removed if you prefer it less hot
- 3cm piece root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2tbsp muscovado sugar
- tbsp soy sauce
- 1tsp black peppercorns
- 1tsp dried thyme
- 1tsp ground allspice
- tsp ground cinnamon
- 2tbsp vegetable oil
- For the salad
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- cm piece root ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2tbsp olive oil
- large handful coriander leaves, chopped
Blend the marinade ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Mix with the chicken and marinate for a few hours or overnight.
Heat the oven to 200C, gas 6. Line a baking tray with a double piece of foil and oil it (this will avoid major washing up!). Spread out the chicken and season with salt. Bake for 25 minutes or until browned and crispy.
Meanwhile, mix all the salad ingredients together and serve with the chicken.